Q Coples is a Jest - PERRRRRFECT!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q Coples is a Jest - PERRRRRFECT!!!!

He's nothing like Gholston, Coples was a very productive college player. Don't let the troubles at UNC the last 2 years fool you. This is a good pick and the Jets are building a big time DL, I don't think you'll be laughing for too long.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Tannehill was not BPA, they reached b/c they had a huge need. The Jets allowed a top 5 talent to drop to 16. Rex personally worked Coples out in Chapel Hill, I love the pick as a Carolina & Jet fan.

:possum4286:

Sanchez was a better prospect coming out than tannehill is and Sanchez has already proven to be a successful starting QB. I'm not saying you made a mistake but to call him the BPA at that point isn't one I would agree with.
Spin it how you want. You have tried for 3 years to justify moving up to 5 for Sanchez and now you are nothing more then butt hurt that the Dolphins have an excellent prospect while you're stuck with a guy who still makes the same ridiculous mistakes he made his rookie year.

Funny when the tide is turned how quickly you turn with it.

I don't care what you think I prefer to listen to guys who study DEs and prototypical Pass Rushers for living - To say that Rex can coach anyone up is laughable - Gholsten, Sanchez come to mind...

Sure he looks the part but according to people in the know - he is a 3/4 End similar to Langford - so he looks the part - of all the possible coulda been picks like Hightower, Decastro, Reiff - I think they took the questionable one -

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Yah we would expect you of all people to be in agreement - Sanchez could see about as much field as Tannehill this year - smart guy

The only way Sanchez isn't playing is if he is hurt.

I don't care what you think I prefer to listen to guys who study DEs and prototypical Pass Rushers for living - To say that Rex can coach anyone up is laughable - Gholsten, Sanchez come to mind...

Sure he looks the part but according to people in the know - he is a 3/4 End similar to Langford - so he looks the part - of all the possible coulda been picks like Hightower, Decastro, Reiff - I think they took the questionable one -

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Yah we would expect you of all people to be in agreement - Sanchez could see about as much field as Tannehill this year - smart guy
Gholston was a guy that was drafted off one play against Jake Long. Coples has a tremendous amount of talent but the heart is in question. Personally I would have taken Ingram but Coples has the most potential talent wise.

Spin it how you want. You have tried for 3 years to justify moving up to 5 for Sanchez and now you are nothing more then butt hurt that the Dolphins have an excellent prospect while you're stuck with a guy who still makes the same ridiculous mistakes he made his rookie year.

Funny when the tide is turned how quickly you turn with it.

There's nothing to justify, ythe trade was an absolute steal. We moved up to 5 and basically gave up a 2nd rd pick to do so and we got back a QB who has started for 3 years and will for many more including helping us get to 2 title games.

I haven't said anything negative about tannehill, I don't have a strong opinion either way but I know he wasn't the BPA when you drafted.

He's nothing like Gholston, Coples was a very productive college player. Don't let the troubles at UNC the last 2 years fool you. This is a good pick and the Jets are building a big time DL, I don't think you'll be laughing for too long.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Tannehill was not BPA, they reached b/c they had a huge need. The Jets allowed a top 5 talent to drop to 16. Rex personally worked Coples out in Chapel Hill, I love the pick as a Carolina & Jet fan.

Seriously junc, run for office. You have a career in politics my friend. The point I am making is that tannehills college coach is now the o coordinator. He wouldn't of signed off on it, if he didn't believe in him. I think we reached, ironically this pick reminds me of the Sanchez pick. Qb, with upside, but not a lot of experience.

I wouldn't be laughing at this pick Dolfans. Coples is a huge talent. Rex has a way of getting the most out of defensive players and if he keeps Coples motivated, he will be a thorn in the Dolphins side for years to come.

He sure did get the most out of Gholsten :lol:. Please the draft is a gamble to begin with, but when you have several other guys available with the same kind of skills an upside, and you take a guy with major work ethic questions, it's the dumbest thing in the world. Now you're giving the kid 1st round cash $$$ and sending to a locker room with guys like Homles and Chomartie? All I can say is this is going to be fun to watch.

Don't let the troubles at UNC the last 2 years fool you.

Why is it okay to dismiss Coples's history but then you talk **** about other teams troubled players?

The Jets could draft Jeffrey Dahmer and it would be a good pick in your eyes.

There's nothing to justify, ythe trade was an absolute steal. We moved up to 5 and basically gave up a 2nd rd pick to do so and we got back a QB who has started for 3 years and will for many more including helping us get to 2 title games.

I haven't said anything negative about tannehill, I don't have a strong opinion either way but I know he wasn't the BPA when you drafted.
I'll give you credit Junc, a year ago you were insisting he led you to the playoffs. Seems that reality is finally sinking in.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

He sure did get the most out of Gholsten :lol:. Please the draft is a gamble to begin with, but when you have several other guys available with the same kind of skills an upside, and you take a guy with major work ethic questions, it's the dumbest thing in the world. Now you're giving the kid 1st round cash $$$ and sending to a locker room with guys like Homles and Chomartie? All I can say is this is going to be fun to watch.
I hate this game but as quickly as you throw out Gholstons name (not a Ryan pick) I can say Maybin. Please don't get into comparing two completely different players.

Why is it okay to dismiss Coples's history but then you talk **** about other teams troubled players?

Well lets be honest, at least Dahmer doesen't have a questionable work ethic. :idk:

Seriously junc, run for office. You have a career in politics my friend. The point I am making is that tannehills college coach is now the o coordinator. He wouldn't of signed off on it, if he didn't believe in him. I think we reached, ironically this pick reminds me of the Sanchez pick. Qb, with upside, but not a lot of experience.

That's the same coach that didn't get him on the field for 2 years. I'm not saying it was a bad pick I'm just saying he wasn't the BPA at the time you picked.

Gholston couldn't play in this league and rex wasn't around when he was drafted.

Not everyone can draft as well as NE has the last 7-8 years:lol:

The problems were UNCs problems NOT Coples. Do you understand the difference? I discuss the truth, if I don't like a pick I'll say so but I was surprised he was still around at 16. This is a guy that would have been top 5 in the '11 draft and was expected to go top 5 or so until recently. I saw the same whispers about peppers when he came out of UNC. I'm not worried about his work ethic, he and that program went through a lot the last 2 years and he was still a productive player.

I can't believe anyone is questioning this pick?

I'll give you credit Junc, a year ago you were insisting he led you to the playoffs. Seems that reality is finally sinking in.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

I hate this game but as quickly as you throw out Gholstons name (not a Ryan pick) I can say Maybin. Please don't get into comparing two completely different players.

I have ALWAYS said he helped us get to 2 title games.

I have ALWAYS said he helped us get to 2 title games.
:bs:

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

How convieniant all the debates you had with many of us about leading or in spite of.

Gholston was a guy that was drafted off one play against Jake Long. Coples has a tremendous amount of talent but the heart is in question. Personally I would have taken Ingram but Coples has the most potential talent wise.

Coples was not dominant - has low production but a sexy body

Back
Top Bottom