Q: Is offensive line depth the Dolphins' biggest weakness? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q: Is offensive line depth the Dolphins' biggest weakness?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

We actually have better overall team depth than the Fins

There were other FA OTs that wouldn't have cost that much

Only on the O side, and only on the OL, you know that Clump...this statement is totally rediculous.:pirate:

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Your spiel gets old. They just didn't think any of the OT's were worth more then $3.5 mil a season. What the Saints paid Gandy was pure stupidity.

You want to talk OT. How about if Bledsoe or Moulds goes down for you guys. Or Spikes or either of your CB's.

All you can nail the phins on is OT depth. Wanna start talking about Bills depth? Didn't think so.

Van Pelt was proven to be steady back-up.

Spoon was doing well until he went down with an injury. He's 100% now and kicking a$$ at camp. Not bad for a back-up to Fletcher or Spikes.

Our cb depth is the same as yours. I'll give you that.

Todd Wade cannot play LT. He's too slow. He struggles in pass protection on his side already. Moving him to the left would be disasterous.

Originally posted by justafan

Dainon Sidney and Kevin Thomas?? Negative

we have 4 CB with starting experience in Sam, Pat, T Buck and Fletcher and a unknown guy in Corey Banks that looks good so far as well as a 5th rounder from last year that saw some action in O Lowe. No one cb depth is the same as yours in the NFL IMNSHO

Originally posted by dolphan39
there is a great backup QB available with lots of game experience, even in Buffalo. His name escapes me, but here is his pix http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/1418.jpg

:evil:
He was your front office F-UP.

The last time our back-up played a complete game aginst the fins he torched you cb's. It was a losing team effort but he did his part well and looks like this.

we have 4 CB with starting experience in Sam, Pat, T Buck and Fletcher and a unknown guy in Corey Banks that looks good so far as well as a 5th rounder from last year that saw some action in O Lowe. No one cb depth is the same as yours in the NFL IMNSHO

None of them have been able to stop our wr's even when Flutie was our qb, so I wouldn't brag about them to a bills fan :lol: They do well against the rest of the league except against us.

None of them have been able to stop our wr's even when Flutie was our qb, so I wouldn't brag about them to a bills fan :lol: They do well against the rest of the league except against us.
correction, except ag Moulds. So back to depth - lose Moulds and you are trouble ;)

correction, except ag Moulds. So back to depth - lose Moulds and you are trouble ;)
Maybe maybe not. Don't underestimate our qb. I'm not worried. I've seen what our wr's (especially Reed) can do at camp. You will soon see that his guy is not faster but better than Price. :D

You have to understand something. If Bledsoe is lying on his back, how is Reed going to catch the ball? JT,JT,JT!:tongue: :D

Originally posted by M-REAL
You have to understand something. If Bledsoe is lying on his back, how is Reed going to catch the ball? JT,JT,JT!:tongue: :D

Van Pelt torched the fins. Go pull out the stats. I posted it here before. He's not even supposed to do that. All he is supposed to do it not F-up like Lucas did.

Back to the subject.

Yes, your OL is thin.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

We actually have better overall team depth than the Fins

There were other FA OTs that wouldn't have cost that much

Typical unsupported post.
How about backing that up?

Did you miss the series of articles posted here last week that ranked the NFL's best units in terms of quality and depth?

Miami was in the top 3 in D-Line, Secondary, & Rushing.

Buffalo was not listed in the top 5 in any category.

If Moulds goes down, no one can effectively take his place. Your #2 WR is not even a "proven" #2 WR.

I Bledsoe goes down, no one can effectively take his place.
Van Pelt is a lifetime 67 rated passer who has thrown far more Picks than TD's. The fact that he has had a good game, or two, does not mean he can replace Bledsoe.

If you think he can replace Bledsoe you are deluded.

No one can effectively replace Fletcher, or Spikes either.

BTW, if you think that no "unproven" OL can ever start effectively, you are posting ona board that knows better.

Webb and Sims both started as rookies.

Webb made the Pro Bowl.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Typical unsupported post.
How about backing that up?

Did you miss the series of articles posted here last week that ranked the NFL's best units in terms of quality and depth?

Miami was in the top 3 in D-Line, Secondary, & Rushing.

Buffalo was not listed in the top 5 in any category.

I read it. It wasn't supported by facts either :tongue: It was an opinion like everyone elses's

I read it. It wasn't supported by facts either :tongue: It was an opinion like everyone elses's

Actually, you are completely wrong and your argument is infantile
- The articles were well supported with facts
- Their judgment, or opinion, is not "like everyone else's"

As football analysts and commentators their opinions are certainly far more valuable and informed than the average fan.

Does that mean they are necessarily correct?
No.

But the fact that they rated three of Miami's units as among the top three in the NFL, and did not rank any of Buffalo's units in the top five in any category supports the contention that Miami is deeper than Buffalo.

You and Clumpy, on the other hand, have provided no support for your arguments .

As usual.

Back
Top Bottom