Q: Is offensive line depth the Dolphins' biggest weakness? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q: Is offensive line depth the Dolphins' biggest weakness?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1580382.html

"Quarterback:

We're going, though, with the Miami Dolphins, because getting Brian Griese as a safety net was an essential piece of the playoff puzzle for a franchise that has seen too many late-season collapses. There figures to be some rough spots in Miami, and fans will begin screaming for Griese the first time an errant Jay Fiedler aerial dribbles to the turf, but the risk is probably worth the reward. Third-stringer Sage Rosenfels appears to have some skills as well."

"Secondary: Even his detractors, who insist Sammy Knight has lost a step after six seasons, have to acknowledge that the former New Orleans star is still a guy who comes up with a lot of loose footballs. Adding him to the already well-stocked Miami secondary just further bolsters the depth of the unit. The Dolphins had one of the best cornerback trios in the NFL, with starters Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison, and "nickel" back Jamar Fletcher. But they actually upgraded the "nickel" spot by signing the wily Terrell Buckley who, in his second stint with the franchise, retains his big-play mindset. In 11 seasons, "T-Buck" has 45 interceptions, including four for New England in 2002, when most observers felt he was washed up. "We've got an awful lot of good players here," Buckley allowed. Don't bet against Buckley, 32, ousting Fletcher from the No. 3 corner job. The acquisition of Knight, who should beat out Arturo Freeman for the strong safety job, figures to increase the number of turnovers generated by the Miami secondary. No safety in the NFL authored more big plays -- the total of interceptions, fumble recoveries, fumbles forced and sacks -- than Knight over the past three seasons. In what some folks considered a poor '02 campaign, Knight snatched five interceptions, just one fewer than all of the Dolphins safeties had combined. Coming off the bench, Freeman, who a couple teams considered signing as a restricted free agent this offseason, will provide the coaches plenty of flexibility. Shawn Wooden is a solid No. 4 safety, Scott McGarrahan a very good special teams player and second-year veteran Omare Lowe a younger the Dolphins really like. "

"Defensive line:
The Dolphins appear to have enough reinforcements onhand to withstand the loss of David Bowens, who tore his right anterior cruciate ligament two weeks ago, while changing a light bulb."

Not even a mention of the Bills anywhere. The only 2 places where the Bills have depth over us is OT and LB although if Moore and Jenkins catch on then even that won't be much of an advantage.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Actually, you are completely wrong and your argument is infantile
- The articles were well supported with facts
- Their judgment, or opinion, is not "like everyone else's"

As football analysts and commentators their opinions are certainly far more valuable and informed than the average fan.

Does that mean they are necessarily correct?
No.

How the hell can anyone come up with facts about a season that hasn't even started? Humor us. To use last years facts to formulate an opinion is one thing, but it is nothing more than an opinion.

How many experts picked the Pats and ravens to win the sb? I believe after a great start by the fins last year , the fins were favored by the experts to win the division. Even Dan said so on HBO. If this is even true then why is everyone on Prisco's a$$ for picking the Jets every year whether it's biased or not? BTW, as much as I hate Prisco as much as most people here do, he was more acurate than any other expert.

You are using someone's article for facts again.

Originally posted by justafan

How the hell can anyone come up with facts about a season that hasn't even started? Humor us. To use last years facts to formulate an opinion is one thing, but it is nothing more than an opinion.

Infantile.

These are not "facts" about a "season that has not started yet".

These are judgments about which team has the best and deepest units right now.

Not one month from now.

Right now.

It would be the same as having a conversation comparing Bledsoe to Van Pelt, right now.

There are facts to support the conversation (their respective careers).

Likewise, there are facts to support their rankings.

In any case, you and Clumpy, have not posted anything supporting your unsupported smack about the Fins.

Do you have anything?

Or are you wasting everyone's time?

As usual.

Infantile.

These are not "facts" about a "season that has not started yet".

These are judgments about which team has the best and deepest units right now.

Not one month from now.

Right now.

It would be the same as having a conversation comparing Bledsoe to Van Pelt, right now.

There are facts to support the conversation (their respective careers).

Likewise, there are facts to support their rankings.

In any case, you and Clumpy, have not posted anything supporting your unsupported smack about the Fins.

Do you have anything?

Or are you wasting everyone's time?

As usual.

I did not argue that they are wrong nor right. My point is that they are opinions , just like mine. I've been to both the fins camp and bills. You call call me biased if you want but both teams are equally strong. Show me the link where the guy who wrote the article was even there. I bet it was all "based on reports"

My opinions are as good as theirs. You on the other hand depend on reading others article to formulate your opinions without being there to see it first hand. :rolleyes: I'm not the sucker who believes everything they read. I see for myself them formulate my opinion.

Obviously , you waste your own time. I never told you to read and respond to my post. Helloooo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I replied to Clumpy.

You waste everyone's time when you post unsupported smack of the Fins on this board.

When cornered on it, you never come up with any facts to support your opinions.

Your sole goal seems to be to divert this board into Bills vs. Fins smack.

This subverts the purpose of the board.

And it wastes people time who come here to find out news about the Dolphins, or exchange their views about the Fins.

Now do you have any support?

My opinions are as good as theirs. You on the other hand depend on reading others article to formulate your opinions without being there to see it first hand. :rolleyes: I'm not the sucker who believes everything they read. I see for myself them formulate my opinion.

Nice try!

If you can't attack the argument, why not just attack the poster!

Actually, I have never told you what my opinion is, in any of these posts.

So, what are you talking about?

Nice try!

If you can't attack the argument, why not just attack the poster!

Actually, I have never told you what my opinion is, in any of these posts.

So, what are you talking about?

That's because your argument is based on what you read. Duh! Sure you responded to Clumpy but I didn't ask you to repond to me after I respondeed to you. You're the only one crying that I waste peoples time. :rolleyes: Unless you read that somewhere too :D

Last edited by a moderator:

That's because your argument is based on what you read. Duh! Sure you responded to Clumpy but I didn't ask you to repond to me after I respondeed to you. You're the only one crying that I waste peoples time. :rolleyes: Unless you read that somewhere too :D

Tiresome.

I replied to Clumpy.

You replied to me.

Do you have any backup yet?

Come on!

Explain to the board how Van Pelt is as good as Bledsoe!

Explain how Reed can take Moulds place!

Depth is a problem for every team in the NFL.

There are no Miami Hurricanes who can go 3 deep at any position.

Not since the salary cap and free agency.

BUFFALO FAN: residents and fans of team with misguided loyalty and also they believe anything.... (see arizona fan)

Tiresome.

I replied to Clumpy.

You replied to me.

Do you have any backup yet?

You want support? fact: we beat the fins with what we had last year and we've upgraded. I used facts from last year to support my opinion and what i've seen at both camps. Does this mean I will be right? No. Just like you said about those guys. Same crap as theirs but I don't write for any magazine. Doesn't mean they are right or wrong like me.

That's enough fact for you? Where are the facts of the guy who wrote the article? Cmon. Bring it? You still didn't brink out the links that those guys saw both camps first hand.

Your turn?

You want support? fact: we beat the fins with what we had last year and we've upgraded.

This is all you have.

This is your fact?

That is unbelieveably pathetic.

The question is about depth.

Unless your depth played our depth last year your one fact is completely irrelevant.

Waste of time.

This is all you have.

This is your fact?

That is unbelieveably pathetic.

The question is about depth.

Unless your depth played our depth last year your one fact is completely irrelevant.

Waste of time.

It's more than what you have which is based on an article for depth. Cmon. Bring it.

Several people have posted support for the argument that the Dolphins have more depth than the Bills.

You and Clumped have posted nothing

As usual.

Several people have posted support for the argument that the Dolphins have more depth than the Bills.

You and Clumped have posted nothing

As usual.

Is that all you have? Where's your support? None! Thought so. :rolleyes: We've wasted each others time . C-ya later!

Back
Top Bottom