QB Comparison: Tua vs Goff | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Comparison: Tua vs Goff

Dolphins fan for years. I am not a rah rah guy for players. I am a team fan. But, let's talk about the hot topic one last time.

Expected deal coming Tua's way: Goff just signed a big 4 year $212 million deal, of which $170 mil is guaranteed.

So with that said, lets compare the two on performance over the last two years:

Tua - TD. Int . QB. Ratio / Goff . TD. Int . QB Ratio
54. 22. 102.9 59. 19. 98.6
W - L. 19-11 / 0-1 playoffs . W - L 21-13. / 2-1 playoffs

When looking at bothg you can clearly see how close they are in comparison. Based on this, one could guess that Tua should find a deal coming his way in the range of a 4 year deal from 48 -51 million per year. Dolphins would be smart to front load it and match the guaranteed that Goff got from Detroit.
Doesn't matter how close they are. He's had more success, but Tua's agent will see Tua as similar qb but younger. So don't expect Tua to get less or the same as Goff. I expect Tua getting more $ than Goff and that's what will be fought for by Tua's agent. I do have to say Goff has had a better o line with lions than Tua has ever had. They have like one of the best in the league. I wish Tua had an o line as good as the lions, tho it was not too bad when healthy

The Lions paid Goff and St Brown. The Eagles paid Hurts, Brown, and Smith.
Already talked about the Lions.

As for Philly, Smith’s highest cap hit the next few years is 20 mil. Brown is between 22-29 mil, and Hurts is between 21-47 over the next four years. Philly is one of those teams that has unlimited money somehow so I don’t understand how they pull it off.

Dolphins fan for years. I am not a rah rah guy for players. I am a team fan. But, let's talk about the hot topic one last time.

Expected deal coming Tua's way: Goff just signed a big 4 year $212 million deal, of which $170 mil is guaranteed.

So with that said, lets compare the two on performance over the last two years:

Tua - TD. Int . QB. Ratio / Goff . TD. Int . QB Ratio
54. 22. 102.9 59. 19. 98.6
W - L. 19-11 / 0-1 playoffs . W - L 21-13. / 2-1 playoffs

When looking at bothg you can clearly see how close they are in comparison. Based on this, one could guess that Tua should find a deal coming his way in the range of a 4 year deal from 48 -51 million per year. Dolphins would be smart to front load it and match the guaranteed that Goff got from Detroit.
Great post and interesting on many levels.

I don't care. Win. That's all that matters, the money means nothing to me bc it's not mine.

Tua will throw it to whoever is open.

Welp, considering Goff was one man's trash and Detroit and LA did a wife swap and it literally almost worked out for both of them (it never does), Goff earned his pay day.

Until last year this was a silly comparison. No one wanted Goff which is funny to me.

Back
Top Bottom