QB School: How was Teddy Bridgewater's relief duty vs the Bengals? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB School: How was Teddy Bridgewater's relief duty vs the Bengals?

Better on deep stuff?

Tua was 2nd best in the league. Only behind Hurts.

So if Teddy is better, we about to lite his league up.

Hill gonna get 300 yards.

I hope you're right

Yeah, it was his first deep connect if i remember going back to preseason.

Better on deep stuff?

Tua was 2nd best in the league. Only behind Hurts.

So if Teddy is better, we about to lite his league up.

Hill gonna get 300 yards.

I hope you're right
I think he is saying better in the sense he has a bigger arm.

Its no secret that the wide receivers need to slow down from time to time on Tua's deep stuff. Tua hits them but not perfectly in stride.

Teddy gives them the ability to sprint full speed. He won't be as accurate in putting the ball in a specific area but if Waddle or Hill blow by a defender, that defender won't have a chance to catch up with a deeper ball being thrown.

In that regard I agree, in some way's Teddy's arm is just as dangerous as Tua's, just for different reasons. If we didn't have some of the fastest WRs in the league, it wouldn't be as helpful.

Its no secret that the wide receivers need to slow down from time to time on Tua's deep stuff. Tua hits them but not perfectly in stride.

Teddy gives them the ability to sprint full speed. He won't be as accurate in putting the ball in a specific area but if Waddle or Hill blow by a defender, that defender won't have a chance to catch up with a deeper ball being thrown.

In that regard I agree, in some way's Teddy's arm is just as dangerous as Tua's, just for different reasons. If we didn't have some of the fastest WRs in the league, it wouldn't be as helpful.

I understand what you're saying. But if Teddy can't hit the short or intermediate stuff with touch and accuracy then the game is in jeporady as that type of passing is most of the game.

Interesting, because the reason Hills long catch got bobbled is because it was undethrown slightly by Teddy.

People really need to understand most if not all QBS do not hit their WR in stride on passes over 45 yards in the air.

Tuas long TDS to Hill look very similar to a typical Mahommes to Hill TD.

The arm strength would factor more into those 20-35 yard passes.

But Tua should have started quieting that nonsense this year.

So no. I don't believe Teddy is better than Tua at the deep ball.

The only advantage Teddy has, imo, is his ability to run I guess.

I am not knocking you or Teddy. I just view this specific topic, with these QBS differently.

Also know, a 64 yard catch is a 64 yard catch. I personally won't complain or criticize of it was slightly underthrown. Just comparing Is all.

I'll take 20 underthrown 64 yard passes every game lol

No argument from me. Every QB will under throw from time to time. But I think Teddy does have a bigger arm and it will happen perhaps less with him.

If we had more possession style wide receivers Teddy's somewhat stronger arm would mean less. In my eyes it is only a small silver lining because we have afterburner wide receivers.

If Teddy's arm gives us a little better chance it is a small bonus. Sure it won't always come up, but it is something I think teams may need to account for.

I understand what you're saying. But if Teddy can't hit the short or intermediate stuff with touch and accuracy then the game is in jeporady as that type of passing is most of the game.
He will either need to show better accuracy or if that skill set just isn't his capability, McD will need to rely less on it and change the base play calls. Those plays were Tua's bread and butter. A good coach will need to tweak it to the new chef.

Having Waddle and Hill really are the big blessing here. I would think they can make any routes work.

Interesting, because the reason Hills long catch got bobbled is because it was undethrown slightly by Teddy.

People really need to understand most if not all QBS do not hit their WR in stride on passes over 45 yards in the air.

Tuas long TDS to Hill look very similar to a typical Mahommes to Hill TD.

The arm strength would factor more into those 20-35 yard passes.

But Tua should have started quieting that nonsense this year.

So no. I don't believe Teddy is better than Tua at the deep ball.

The only advantage Teddy has, imo, is his ability to run I guess.

I am not knocking you or Teddy. I just view this specific topic, with these QBS differently.

Also know, a 64 yard catch is a 64 yard catch. I personally won't complain or criticize of it was slightly underthrown. Just comparing Is all.

I'll take 20 underthrown 64 yard passes every game lol

What’s also interesting is I believe they said that 61 yarder(iirc) was the longest throw of the season at that point. Think about that!

What’s also interesting is I believe they said that 61 yarder(iirc) was the longest throw of the season at that point. Think about that!

Yes, it was a great play.

Look forward to many more like that

Yes it was. But it also tells you that the majority of the league doesn’t throw 61 yards to hit the deep ball.

Oh I gotcha.

Absolutely. Excellent point.

Also. A lot of the big plays aren't the QB chucking it 50 yards hitting their WR in stride.

A lot are more like that Deebo Samuel TD last night.

But the deep ball are more 30-40 yard throws. Turning into long TDS than a 50 yard throw

Last edited:
Oh I gotcha.

Absolutely. Excellent point.

Also. A lot of the big plays aren't the QB chucking it 50 yards hitting their WR in stride.

A lot are more like that Deebo Samuel TD last night.

But the deep ball are more 30-40 yard throws. Turning into long TDS than a 50 yard throw

Exactly! Short and intermediate accuracy and passing is ALOT more important towards successful Qb play than the deep ball. Ofcourse having all 3 give you the chance to be elite.

I think Little was getting hyped up prematurely here. He's had some real bad plays out there.

Back
Top Bottom