QB situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB situation

Who is the answer at QB? (both short and long term)

• Daunte Culpepper

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Joey Harrington

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • FA QB (Matt Schuab, Chris Simms, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • draft a QB early (Brohm, Smith, etc.)

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
I support Harrington but in the back-up capacity. we need to find a new QB period. Culpepper isn't going to regain his old form and lets face it he isn't a long term solution at QB. I will say this again like I've been saying in the past, we need to draft a QB early. Brain Brohm might fall to the middle of the round, we should draft him. if he's there and we don't select him I'll be disappointed. opinions? what is the best thing to do at QB?

Chris Simms isn't a free agent. He signed a 2 year extension just a week or so ago.

Like I said in the other topic, the next 4 weeks will be the Joey Harrington Audition. If we don't win those games, we would be in position to draft a Brady Quinn or Brian Brohm. If either of them are there when we draft, we must take them. Time to draft a real franchise QB. No more experimenting with other teams trash.

nick1 said:
I support Harrington but in the back-up capacity. we need to find a new QB period. Culpepper isn't going to regain his old form and lets face it he isn't a long term solution at QB. I will say this again like I've been saying in the past, we need to draft a QB early. Brain Brohm might fall to the middle of the round, we should draft him. if he's there and we don't select him I'll be disappointed. opinions? what is the best thing to do at QB?

You have a crystal ball? You know more than Saban and his 23 assistant coaches? You Daunte haters just never give up do you? I am not a big Daunte supporter, but right now, he is our future QB for a few years. Now, that MIGHT not be a good thing, we just don't know. BUT, it might be a GREAT thing, we just don't know that either. But for you to make the statement you did, just categorizes you in amongst the Daunte-haters. And by the way, your poll is rather unfair the way it was structured. I'm not even going to dignify it with a vote. Only vote you'll get from me is one star for this thread.

Vertical Limit said:
Chris Simms isn't a free agent. He signed a 2 year extension just a week or so ago.

Like I said in the other topic, the next 4 weeks will be the Joey Harrington Audition. If we don't win those games, we would be in position to draft a Brady Quinn or Brian Brohm. If either of them are there when we draft, we must take them. Time to draft a real franchise QB. No more experimenting with other teams trash.

I dont think we'll be in a position to draft Quinn or Brohm so I'm hoping we draft Kolb out of Houston in the 3rd or 4th

Vertical Limit said:

my mistake I just figured that Gruden would let him go because of Gradkowski, he loves new QBs... I'll be very upset if we don't address the QB situation this offseason, drafting Brohm would be the ideal thing

We aren't going to find anything better than Daunte in the position we draft in. Culpepper is a heck of a player, stick with him.

PhinsRock said:
You have a crystal ball? You know more than Saban and his 23 assistant coaches? You Daunte haters just never give up do you? I am not a big Daunte supporter, but right now, he is our future QB for a few years. Now, that MIGHT not be a good thing, we just don't know. BUT, it might be a GREAT thing, we just don't know that either. But for you to make the statement you did, just categorizes you in amongst the Daunte-haters. And by the way, your poll is rather unfair the way it was structured. I'm not even going to dignify it with a vote. Only vote you'll get from me is one star for this thread.
I'm a UCF fan, I love Culpepper but I don't think he will regain form. he didn't even tell coaches that he still had pain in his knee and he hurt the team. not sure why you say the poll is unfair

Why not just stick with what we have at QB, and worry about fixing the OL instead?? I don't think we need anymore QB's, I like the one's we have. I also think the OL is the main reason behind our offensive woes this year.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Agent Mulder said:
Culpepper is our QB next year. Why is this even a discussion?????
yes he is but this thread is set up to discuss whether or not he is the long term answer and if not what is our long term answer

adamprez2003 said:
I dont think we'll be in a position to draft Quinn or Brohm so I'm hoping we draft Kolb out of Houston in the 3rd or 4th
We'll see, remember Matt Leinart was there with the 10th pick.

I think this was a devestating loss for our team, which may affect them for the rest of the season. We don't have any giveme's with New England, The Jets, Buffalo, and Indianapolis coming up [a team who is battling for first seed with San Diego..]. I would like us to end the season with a 4 game win streak, especially against these teams, but it would be tough and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win any of them.

Right now, we are in position to pick #12 overall.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Why not just stick with what we have at QB, and worry about fixing the OL instead?? I don't think we need anymore QB's, I like the one's we have. I also think the OL is the main reason behind our offensive woes this year.....

PHINZ RULE!!!
maybe so they certainly played bad yesterday but overall I think their play is much improved lately

I doo want to see Cleo start a game beforte the seasons over, i would also like to see if Vick has anything at all to offer at that spot as well.

That being said, i want to beat the jets. Beating them and knocking them out of the playoffs, which i think would happen if they lose one more, would give me all i could ask for at this point. I think Harrington has to start that game though IMO to win.

Vertical Limit said:

I just don't believe we will draft a QB this off season. I just have the feeling that Saban is going to give Culpepper, and Joey another season. Plus we need new Defensive guys and Offensive guys. I know we have some cap room but we don't have enough money or draft picks to fill all of the Dolphins needs right now. I just don't see us looking at any QB's this off season.

I would keep Daunte. We have a lot invested in him right now and he needs a fair shot at proving his worth. We need more help on the left hand side of the OL, especially our glaring need at LT. I don't think any QB in this league can perform behind a mediocre OL.

With that said, if Daunte / Joey doesn't pan out, definately draft a QB, even if it's a second day pick. I am also tired of journeymen QB's coming in from other teams (as noted by a post above this). Since Marino, this formula hasn't worked, and I think we all know that.

Back
Top Bottom