QB situation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB situation

Who is the answer at QB? (both short and long term)

• Daunte Culpepper

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Joey Harrington

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • FA QB (Matt Schuab, Chris Simms, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • draft a QB early (Brohm, Smith, etc.)

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters
Vertical Limit said:
Chris Simms isn't a free agent. He signed a 2 year extension just a week or so ago.

Like I said in the other topic, the next 4 weeks will be the Joey Harrington Audition. If we don't win those games, we would be in position to draft a Brady Quinn or Brian Brohm. If either of them are there when we draft, we must take them. Time to draft a real franchise QB. No more experimenting with other teams trash.
Actually, Simms was offered a contract. He hasn't signed yet and hasn't said if he's even considering it. Unfortunately, it seems like it's either got to be Simms or Gruden and Gruden isn't going anywhere. I have a feeling we are going to have to watch another Bucs QB go somewhere else and become a star.

nick1 said:
I'm a UCF fan, I love Culpepper but I don't think he will regain form. he didn't even tell coaches that he still had pain in his knee and he hurt the team. not sure why you say the poll is unfair

I think the poll is unfair because it asks who is best both long term and short term, but you can't vote Daunte because he's out for the short term, and don't want Joey for the long term but he's the best for us short term.

JaMarcus Russell. If this guys there in the 2nd, Sabans taking him. this is HIS guy. (im not a draft guru, and i've seen Russell on some mocks as high as #7...and others, as low as the 4th round. So i don't know where hes supposed to be)

PhinsRock said:
I think the poll is unfair because it asks who is best both long term and short term, but you can't vote Daunte because he's out for the short term, and don't want Joey for the long term but he's the best for us short term.
short term meaning next season, this season is over. all we can do is effect our drafting status and while I always want Miami to win it might be better to lose and get a better player... I do think a 2nd rounder was a high pick to spend on Culpepper so we will be inclined not to draft a QB high, fine with me because we do have other needs like at OLB and on the o-line but I don't feel we have our QB who will win us a superbowl currently on the team. and I think Saban's job is in Culpepper's hands. if Culpepper works out than Saban is our coach, if Culpepper doesn't work out than he will probably be fired in 2 years. I like Saban so I really hope it works out

BLITZKRIEG said:
Simms is worthless in my opinion.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!
Outside of a horizonal passing offense, Chris Simms is going to be an absolute superstar. If he goes to a team that wants to throw the ball down field (as as opposed to dump offs and slants), he will take that team to the playoffs.

i think the fins have next years QB on thier roster. If Culpepper shows he is recovered and can play well (apparently those are the same thing to the fin coaches) then he will be the starting QB next season. If not then harrington will be the QB.

consitering the draft picks the fins have given up for QBs the past few years, i think they have to look at other positions first.

nick1 said:
short term meaning next season, this season is over. all we can do is effect our drafting status and while I always want Miami to win it might be better to lose and get a better player... I do think a 2nd rounder was a high pick to spend on Culpepper so we will be inclined not to draft a QB high, fine with me because we do have other needs like at OLB and on the o-line but I don't feel we have our QB who will win us a superbowl currently on the team. and I think Saban's job is in Culpepper's hands. if Culpepper works out than Saban is our coach, if Culpepper doesn't work out than he will probably be fired in 2 years. I like Saban so I really hope it works out

I agree with what you're saying about Daunte, and I didn't know short term meant next season, doesn't say that anywhere. Now since I know that, I'll vote.

NawlinsBucFan said:
Outside of a horizonal passing offense, Chris Simms is going to be an absolute superstar. If he goes to a team that wants to throw the ball down field (as as opposed to dump offs and slants), he will take that team to the playoffs.

I've been to several Bucs games over the last couple of years, and most of the Bucs fans can't stand Simms. More than half of his passes get tipped at the LOS, and he doesn't have much accuracy to speak of either....

He may end up being a late bloomer, but he's certainly no better than Harrington in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!

PhinsRock said:
I agree with what you're saying about Daunte, and I didn't know short term meant next season, doesn't say that anywhere. Now since I know that, I'll vote.
I should have clarified more, my error

there's just too many question marks to answer the question. No one knows how Culpepper will end up. No one knows if Joey will stop making those stupid throws. No one knows if we will be in position to draft a stud. And I don't know if we spend more money on a free agent (All though Shaub is tempting).

Rocky Raccoon said:
there's just too many question marks to answer the question. No one knows how Culpepper will end up. No one knows if Joey will stop making those stupid throws. No one knows if we will be in position to draft a stud. And I don't know if we spend more money on a free agent (All though Shaub is tempting).
well what do you think? we are discussing our opinions here of course we don't know whether or not Culpepper will work out. but this offseason would you address QB? keep in mind that we do have money this offseason. enough to make few big FA signings. so basically would you stick with what we have or would you make a move to get another QB either through FA or draft

nick1 said:
well what do you think? we are discussing our opinions here of course we don't know whether or not Culpepper will work out. but this offseason would you address QB? keep in mind that we do have money this offseason. enough to make few big FA signings

well I think we have other needs to address via FA. I would let Culpepper or Harrington take the bull by the horns in training camp next summer.

Daunte may be the starter going into next year, but you have to be prepared to go in another direction if he can't come back at a high level. To not be prepared would be just plain stupid, and joey is not the answer, either.

showstopper said:
Daunte may be the starter going into next year, but you have to be prepared to go in another direction if he can't come back at a high level. To not be prepared would be just plain stupid, and joey is not the answer, either.
so what do you purpose? drafting a mid round guy maybe? thats what I am leaning towards although I would love to draft Brohm but since we have bigger needs

Back
Top Bottom