QB situation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB situation

What should happen with the QB situation?

• Stay with Jay

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • draft Rivers

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • get Henson

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • get Brunell and draft Rivers or Losman

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • get Brunell and trade for Henson

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters
i dont want to just compete, i want brunell to win us a superbowl this year, maybe next and henson to win us the next 3

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
i dont want to just compete, i want brunell to win us a superbowl this year, maybe next and henson to win us the next 3

I agree and it seems most others do too. I voted for Henson before there was an option for Henson and Brunell. Many others did too. If that option was there from the begining I bet it would be a landslide.:D

the talent we can accumulate in this draft would be ridiculous
henson, clayton, carey(or trade down and get more picks), it's a no brainer if it can be done for next years pick, but i think we may be beaten out by the steelers or someone else.

In light of the recent news coming out that Brunell doesn't wanna play on a team that drafts a first rounder, I think we should sign Ricky Ray, draft Phil Rivers, keep Ogunleye, and spend whatever money we can manage in free agency getting the O-Line straightened out. We have Chambers, which is one superstar more than a lot of teams have. Derrius was very underutilized by Fiedler and a lot of Fiedler's throws to him were just wrong anyway. With a premium WRs coach like Sullivan, remember that our WR production should be better anyway. Remember we still have young guys for Sullivan to get hold of like Tolver and Simmons, Newson, etc. Give Sage Rosenfels the chance to start and sign him to like a 3 year deal (he's currently an RFA I believe). He deserves it and he's waited long enough and he's ultra familiar with this system and these players.

It really can't be worst than having Jay Fiedler in there. Give a guy like Rosenfels more time in the pocket by spending FA dollars on the OL, and you get more bang for your buck because Sage has the arm to make big plays happen down the field, where Jay would probably be the better QB under fire.

And the good part is if Sage goes out there and performs even HALF decently, some team out there desperate for an experienced quarterback to hold them over will probably trade for him. If he performs as well as I feel he can, that might even get us a first or second rounder...maybe from Norv Turner over in Oakland.

Its not that I consider us fully in a rebuilding year, but this is one of those years I think we can afford to look to the future a little, and still have about as good a chance of winning in 2004 as if we sold all out and got like Mark Brunell, got rid of Ogun, drafted a WR and OL in round 1, and traded for Drew Henson. I think if you be smart with the money, save the money you would be paying to Brunell (and Henson depending on his contract demands), you ensure this defense's dominance by keeping Ogunleye, and you help out your future prospects...without really diminishing your present prospects much if at all.

Feidler Sucks! How many times do you hear someone say "The key to Jay Feidler's success is to not lose games" We need someone in there who people will have the faith to go out and carry a team on their shoulders and win the game if need be. When the Dolphins are behind in games it is much more downhill than anything else because no one fears our passing game. And that isn't to say we don't have some talent around him. Chambers is waiting to break out and McMicheal ranks right up there with the top pass receiving TE's. Problem "We can't get them the ball"!! Both Rivers and Losman have guns and have a bit of a swagger. Trade around a bit get that monster OL and then grab one of these guys to be the future. Seems pretty easy to me...

Why oh why would anyone want Sage or Jay over BG. All this talk about Henson (who I LOVE) and why its great that he came from a great QB background in Michigan....Uh BG went there too. I dont want BG persay but he must rank higher than either Jay or Sage.

Not higher than Sage. We've seen BG play. We've seen him suck. Anytime we've seen Sage play he's done well. Going with a risk/reward guy looks a lot more attractive than going with a guy that we KNOW sucks.

Griese was always an overachiever. What we mean by Michigan having a great QB program is that look at the success of Griese and Brady. Griese overachieved and got way better results than his arm should have allowed but came down to earth after the troubles with his shoulders. Brady, heck he's STILL overachieving with no end in sight. Now there's a guy in Drew Henson coming out of that QB program there in Michigan, but unlike the previous two guys, has tools that make people drool. A+ tools plus a tendancy for his program to churn out overachievers = (homer simpson salivating over a doughnut).

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Not higher than Sage. We've seen BG play. We've seen him suck. Anytime we've seen Sage play he's done well. Going with a risk/reward guy looks a lot more attractive than going with a guy that we KNOW sucks.

Griese was always an overachiever. What we mean by Michigan having a great QB program is that look at the success of Griese and Brady. Griese overachieved and got way better results than his arm should have allowed but came down to earth after the troubles with his shoulders. Brady, heck he's STILL overachieving with no end in sight. Now there's a guy in Drew Henson coming out of that QB program there in Michigan, but unlike the previous two guys, has tools that make people drool. A+ tools plus a tendancy for his program to churn out overachievers = (homer simpson salivating over a doughnut).

The only passes I remember Sage throwing either were eratic or he lokked extremely confused. I dont necessarily think BG is the best option, Brunell is. But I do think if (HOPE NOT) we get stuck with the same QBs BG would be the best choice. He looked bad last year behind a crap line, in a new system, without and preseason, and on a bad toe. Again I prefer Brunell but if I need to choose from current canidates I go with BG for sure.

What happened to Brian Griese ?????????????????????????????

most of you on here jumped for Joy when they signed him.

Brunell is not the answer ... he is getting older and you need to

draft a young qb that will be here for awhile....

Rivers looks like a good one..

Brunell is a has been.

Face it.

He got beaten out by a rookie last year, and that is why he said that he don't want to go to a team that goes QB in Round 1.

He is scared.

He is scared that Rivers will beat him out, and he does not see Henson as competition.

Rivers should take it as a complement, because Brunell is blyatently threatened by him.

Brunell's comment s were direct to Miami.

He's finished in this league.

What happened to Brian Griese? A guy who was already labeled "injury prone" got injured a missed the preseason, a good part of the season, then when he was called upon to relieve Fiedler had a modestly decent day against one of the worst defenses in pro football, then proceeded to tank it as bad as Ray Lucas ever did. Thats what happened to Brian Griese.

He received a one year audition opportunity from us, and he not only sang in the wrong key, he sounded like two vultures mating with a dying badger.

Back
Top Bottom