Qb? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb?

Teddy may be better than anyone coming out next year and he's only 25 years old. Accurate and his touch on the deep pass is a thing of beauty! Only on the books for $5 mil.

If Tannehill does go down Bridgewater could even turn out to elevate the team's playoff chances. Heck, Matt Moore did in 2016 and Bridgewater certainly is better than Moore was.

It's possible Bridgewater is actually a better QB than Tannehill.
I also just read that two teams have asked about Bridgewater availability. Don’t know which two

I think that eagles have a good third qb on their roster that I like as well. I think he could be good too..but that doesn't not mean I am right at all... for future
The third QB I believe is Nate Sudfield. I wat he’d him at IU. Big guy, good arm, pocket passer.

I would love to bring in Bridgewater...legit competition for Tanny...outside of that I would give Petty a chance...a strong arm with fortitude....he may not read the D as well...but hope with him.

At least two teams interested in Bridgewater
9274.jpg

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports "at least" two teams have shown interest in trading for Teddy Bridgewater.

Bridgewater has impressed in both of his preseason appearances, though Mehta senses the Jets are "all-in" on Sam Darnold and fully expects the rookie to start Week 1. The Jets have yet to receive a "concrete" offer, but a number of teams have shown interest and New York has made it "abundantly clear" that Bridgewater is available. Mehta suggested the Broncos, who are looking for depth behind

Accurate and his touch on the deep pass is a thing of beauty!
Interesting comment. I talked to a Vikings fan the other day and of the things Bridgewater needed to improve on, he said the deep ball.

It's possible Bridgewater is actually a better QB than Tannehill.
It could be possible but having seen him play 3 or 4 games I doubt it. Their career QB ratings are identical, Bridgewater has thrown for 28 TDS and 22 INTs in 30 games. People here would roast Bridgewater the same way they roast Tannehill. Or worse.

If we wanted teddy we should've just signed him in FA. If I'm not mistaken he's on a one-year contract so I would go nuts if we gave up a day 2 pick. Basically you guys want to give up a day 2 pick for a guy that might not play a down with us and sign elsewhere next yr? No thanks

Interesting comment. I talked to a Vikings fan the other day and of the things Bridgewater needed to improve on, he said the deep ball.

It could be possible but having seen him play 3 or 4 games I doubt it. Their career QB ratings are identical, Bridgewater has thrown for 28 TDS and 22 INTs in 30 games. People here would roast Bridgewater the same way they roast Tannehill. Or worse.

I thought this was an interesting read regarding Vikings fans and I'm not arguing as legit or not. He can overthrow getting 30 and beyond...
https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota...dy-Bridgewater-Deep-Ball-Deep-Dive-115603969/

Perhaps Bridgewater wouldn't be the solution to a franchise and offer little more than Tannehill. I think it's more than worth the risk given the importance of the position.

If you are going to compare them then compare them after the first two years where Tannehill completed less than 60%, 6.7 YPA and had a 36-30 TD-Int ratio as a 24-25 year old and a QB rating less than 80 and Miami going 15-17.

Whereas Bridgewater was 21-23 years old completed 64.7%, 7.2 YPA 28-22 TD-Int ratio and a QB rating of 86.3 and Minnesota going 17-11.

TB is leading his team to a division Title in the NFL at 22-23 years of age and RT is playing WR at Texas A&M because he's not able to win the starting job at QB.

Doesn't seem like they are identical to me.

I do like that he was drafted by a team that was 5-10-1 and lead them to a 6-6 record his rookie season and a division title with 11-5 record his sophomore season. The team fell back to 8-8 the following season. I haven't seen Tannehill make that kind of impact. The Dolphins didn't miss a beat, and actually improved in every area offensively, when Moore filled in for him in 2016.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom