QB's in the Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB's in the Draft

Love was arrested today for marijuana charges. Might slip later in draft. I posted the link in the stickied post on underclassman quarterbacks.

He was in an apartment. Some narc had it out for him looks like. I wouldn't hold it against him much. Now if he was driving around high with MJ in his car I'd question his judgement a bit given being this close to the draft.

I don't think getting busted for weed impacts a player's draft stock the way it used to.

He was in an apartment. Some narc had it out for him looks like. I wouldn't hold it against him much. Now if he was driving around high with MJ in his car I'd question his judgement a bit given being this close to the draft.

I don't think getting busted for weed impacts a player's draft stock the way it used to.
For Qb's it might.

Somebody point me in the direction of love throwing opposite hash darts if he’s got the better arm than Herbert. Cause I know I’ve seen the latter throw those effortless many times.

And I mean ropes.

Why did Todd McShay gain 40 pounds in 2019?
:lol:

He must be in the first year of a multi-year fat contract ESPN gave him.

I saw he had his own hour long special last night. Mel may be on his way out or like Joe Rogan only going to do the big event like the actual draft.

Basically, Love can do things none of those QBs could ever dream of doing. He has the most gifted arm coming out this year...Herbert wishes he had his natural arm talent and Herbert is about as naturally gifted as a thrower as there is.

I'm not 100 percent saying he is going to jump into round one, just that the possibility is there.

I will say that I watched Fromm in about 6 full games this year, and numerous games in the previous years. Nothing he does leads me to believe that Georgia wins because of him. Hurt is interesting as a player and could move into round one with the Lamar Jackson effect, but that would be a mistake as Hurt is no where near the level of runner or passer that Jackson was coming out.
Love in the right situation could really blossom. I guess you could say that about most of the top quarterbacks. Hurts is interesting to me. If you look around the NFL so many big plays come from those athletic quarterbacks who can buy time and either run for positive yardage or allow their wide receivers to get open deep. The NFL hasn't figured out how to stop quarterbacks like Wilson or Jackson. Corners can only cover for so long.

I think Miami will have Herbert ranked as the next best qb after Burrow (if Tua isn't deemed healthy enough).

Love was arrested today for marijuana charges. Might slip later in draft. I posted the link in the stickied post on underclassman quarterbacks.
I didn't know that. Probably takes him off Miami's list. You don't want a leader who makes bad decisions.

Don't be surprised that if Tua checks out medically he goes to the Bengals with the first pick.
That would be interesting. I assume Miami would take Burrow, or that #2 overall pick would be potentially traded.

I didn't know that. Probably takes him off Miami's list. You don't want a leader who makes bad decisions.
Miami has already shown they will give second chances to players like Walton. He just messed that up by getting arrested again. So I don’t think it will take him off our list if he’s even on it.

The talent is obvious. What do you see as his weaknesses, besides consistency, coaching etc? Definitely looks like a better prospect than Drew Lock was.

Better prospect than Drew Lock, yes definitely.

Accuracy and ball placement for Jordan Love have always been right on the door step of where you ultimately want it to be for him to be an elite NFL quarterback. He's young and nearly there, but not there right now, and I think a big part of that will be just developing consistency in his footwork and weight transfer. He's got great fundamentals in the way he throws the football but he's got to work on the consistency of his feet and aim.

Decision making is the big one. Right from the jump this year in the Wake Forest game it became clear he thought he had to play like Superman to have the offense produce like it did a year ago. He's done a lot of things that he has to be taught you can't do. There are some things he just doesn't know, about the timing of plays, what not to try, when the ball has to be out in certain situations. He needs coaching.

If I thought there was a bandwidth or vision issue in terms of processing the field, I'd not be as high on him as I am. I think it's experience and coaching that are missing. There's a strong potential for things to 'click' and then he's off to the races.

Back
Top Bottom