Quarterback wish list may get smaller | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterback wish list may get smaller

YPF

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If an extension of the CBA and the salary cap is completed, it would likely mean that Steve McNair of Tennessee and Daunte Culpepper of Minnesota will remain with their teams for at least the time being.

That would leave San Diego's Drew Brees and Patrick Ramsey of Washington as the top players on a list of quarterbacks the Dolphins believe would be upgrades to starter Gus Frerotte, according to two sources.

The Dolphins are also still expected to draft a quarterback in the first three rounds and have focused much of their attention on Alabama's Brodie Croyle.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/13986314.htm

It's not a big shocker because both quarterbacks teams have said they were going to re-sign them, with bonuses to boot.

Although, as we all like to say - don't believe it until the ink is dry.

I am not a Ramsey fan at all. I would much rather see Brees or McNair here than Ramsey. I wouldn't waste a draft pick on Ramsey, when Saban wouldn't have to give up picks for Brees or if McNair is cut. Ramsey reminds me too much of Feeley.

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
If an extension of the CBA and the salary cap is completed, it would likely mean that Steve McNair of Tennessee and Daunte Culpepper of Minnesota will remain with their teams for at least the time being.

That would leave San Diego's Drew Brees and Patrick Ramsey of Washington as the top players on a list of quarterbacks the Dolphins believe would be upgrades to starter Gus Frerotte, according to two sources.

The Dolphins are also still expected to draft a quarterback in the first three rounds and have focused much of their attention on Alabama's Brodie Croyle.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/13986314.htm

just wanted to stress what a big "IF" that is. :wink:

From what i've seen from Patrick Ramsey, he is hardly an upgrade over Gus Frerotte.

houtz said:
From what i've seen from Patrick Ramsey, he is hardly an upgrade over Gus Frerotte.

Ya, I don't think Ramsey is an upgrade at all. He would be a downgrade if anything. I hope they don't get him. Let him go to the Jets. The Dolphins would be better off staying with Frerotte and drafting a guy like Omar Jacobs and hope he is ready to start in a year or two than bringing in Ramsey.

I couldn't agree more about Ramsey. I live in Northern Virginia and even most of the Redskins fans here think Ramsey is a joke. I get stuck on most Sundays watching the Skins play, and I hope we stay away from Patrick. I honestly do not believe he would be an upgrade over Gus at all.

I would be entirely way to happy if we picked up Drew Brees. The man has been one of my favorite quarterbacks I've ever watched. I remember watching him throw all over my Buckeye's defense back in the day.

PLEASE SABAN , GET US DREW BREES.

This is all starting to make me nervous....I want us to get our QB before the draft and that way we can really go defence and maybe o-line and/or WR....free agency is very important as to what we do on draft day.

Ozzy rules!!

This is all starting to make me nervous....I want us to get our QB before the draft and that way we can really go defence and maybe o-line and/or WR....free agency is very important as to what we do on draft day.

Ozzy rules!!

I love this board. You guys claim Patrick Ramsey isn't an upgrade to Frerotte. Why the hell would we sign him if that was the truth? I think Saban and Mueller just have a little bit more inside info then most of us on this site.

The power of the 1st amendment I guess :wink:

I think that at this point, it is Brees or Bust. Ramsey is average and having Gus for another season pretty much guarentees we wont see the latter part of the playoffs.

Well lets see....Brees is better and we dont have to trade for him. Not even a close decision.

Back
Top Bottom