Quarterback wish list may get smaller | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterback wish list may get smaller

I think we are rebuilding, and I find it to be very nerve racking. Some teams rebuild and come back after a couple years and become good teams again. Other teams rebuild and dont make it back to the top for years and years. I just hope we are the latter of the 2.

I hope you mean the former of the two...

i think we rebuilt our team after the fiedler era, and now we are just tryin to find the right pieces of the puzzle to get this team back into the playoffs.

To be honest, it doesnt matter until the start of the season.

If we go 10-6, we 're-tooled' our team.

If we go 6-10, we are 'rebuilding' our team.

These are all just terms that were originally coined by the media to either praise a team on their quick turn around or belittle them on their slow improvement.

The thing to remember is that last years offense was so bad that it can't get much worse than it was. Not to rebuild such an offense would be idiotic,irresponsible, and downright stupid.

We are not yet rebuilding. When Daunte and Chambers and Booker are gone; then, we are rebuilding. And the sooner the better. With these three gone we will be in cap heaven next year and the following year.

Next year we should be major players in free agency and have 10 draft picks.

GM calls it retooling
Randy Mueller said offseason changes the Dolphins are making should not be viewed as an overhaul. 'We're reshuffling,' he said.

``Obviously we decided to make some changes. But we're definitely not considering that to be rebuilding changes. We're reshuffling. And we need change. We were 6-10. We can't sit pat on that hand. So we plan to make the right decisions to make us better and give us the best chance to win come September.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/54060.html

I can agree we are retooling the defense but the offense looks like a rebuild.
The OL is going to be rebuilt,the QB will be different,the TE will be different,the FB will be different and the offensive philosophy will be different.

I guess it depends on how you define rebuilding.
Jason Taylor does not like the word

While Jason Taylor said Monday the Dolphins are in a stage of rebuilding - something he previously said he had little use for - Taylor won't ask off the reclamation project early.

"We are looking for young guys and you have to in this league," Taylor said. "There are different levels of rebuilding. Hopefully we're not in a little tear-down part."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/03/27/a5c_huizenga_0327.html

What do you think ?

Doesn't matter what you call it, this is Cam-Ran setting the team up the way they want to...call it retooling, reshuffling, rebuilding, whatever... We turned over about 25 players when Saban came in right ? It's the same thing...

we signed only joey porter on defense that i can recall lol ... how is that re tooling ? one player ?

neither, seems like we are dismantling the offense, which is needed, hopefully we can draft either levi brown or robert meecham

We are retooling the offensive Line and TE and QB. People think WR, but Chambers is still here and he is so great so.......we dont need a Ted Ginn.

i think we rebuilt our team after the fiedler era, and now we are just tryin to find the right pieces of the puzzle to get this team back into the playoffs.

IMO the Dolphins haven't been rebuilt in years. With poor drafting you can't effectively rebuild. JJ was really the last one to have an effective draft and all of his picks weren't prizes either. Its JMO but I truly think our draft is in the best hands its been in, in a long time.

I don't think you can call what is happenening to the offense retooling, that suggests they had tools to start with ;-)

I'll go with fixin' it!

Back
Top Bottom