Question About Andrew Luck | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question About Andrew Luck

Based off what? Does he suck as bad as DeMarco Murray?

jeesh...you and the demarco murray thing...the 90 plus yard run there was a hole you could drive a greyhound thru against the rams...he even admitted as much...and yesterday i'll give him a pass cause the whole cowboys team did nothing but waste my time

but you don't really want to go there throwing out names...cause i can play that game also...

owusus garbage as far as the pros are concerned ...

jeesh...you and the demarco murray thing...the 90 plus yard run there was a hole you could drive a greyhound thru against the rams...he even admitted as much...and yesterday i'll give him a pass cause the whole cowboys team did nothing but waste my time

but you don't really want to go there throwing out names...cause i can play that game also...

owusus garbage as far as the pros are concerned ...

Throw out whatever names you want. I just asked you what you're basing it off of... I've never heard you mention Owusu other than after you watched him in the USC game Saturday night.

He's not an elite player, but he's probably a little better than garbage.

Throw out whatever you names you want. I just asked you what you're basing it off of... I've never heard you mention Owusu other than after you watched him in the USC game Saturday night.

come on now...i know what you were doing with the murray thing...shaking my chain a little...

i've watched just about every stanford game this year...i've seen owusu get his bell wrung like 3 straight games even i believe...i just don't think he'll separate at the pro level...i don't think he separates at the college level even...i think montgomery the freshman has more upside and should be playin more...owusu just doesn't show me anything

but i'm not much on that 6 ft 8 te of stanfords either...

Throw out whatever names you want. I just asked you what you're basing it off of... I've never heard you mention Owusu other than after you watched him in the USC game Saturday night.

He is better than Garbage, but not even close to the talent of Woods and that freshman WR #9. I don't remember his name, but he looked like a stud Saturday night and talking to USC fans they think he is better than Woods.

He is better than Garbage, but not even close to the talent of Woods and that freshman WR #9. I don't remember his name, but he looked like a stud Saturday night and talking to USC fans they think he is better than Woods.

well tell them they're wrong...he's a talent no doubt...that kids got some burst and explosion...but he's not better than woods...he does look like a future 1st round pick though...he's got an nfl body already

well tell them they're wrong...he's a talent no doubt...that kids got some burst and explosion...but he's not better than woods...he does look like a future 1st round pick though...he's got an nfl body already

My mistake I should have said he will be better than Woods not is. Sorry about that.

He's far and away exceeded any expectations I had for him, certainly this early in his career.

All I know is however much Auburn was paying for him.... it wasn't enough. He was worth every penny and then some...

I love Cam Newton. Can we make this post about him instead?

Seriously, though, I love Cam Newton.

No, but seriously, I'll be extremely excited to have Luck or Barkley and heart-broken with any other QB coming out this year. They're the only two I'd accept. If Barkley doesn't come out, and we can't get Luck, I'd draft BPA and tank next year to draft him.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Also, I was waiting for hoops to get **** for Murray. Undraftable hoops?

honestly, Barkley is so underrated by some people it isn't even funny. A few people say he's not as good as Landry Jones. No disrespect to Jones (who I do like), but Barkley (and Luck for that matter) would shatter records in the offense Jones plays in. Barkley to me is the consensus number 2 QB right now, but he doesn't have anything Luck doesn't have. Luck's a bit better athlete, but Barkley ain't half bad.

Now part of me is positive he's not coming out. He says he wants it to be an easy decision (and I think with his season, he's really separating himself from Jones and RG3 as the number 2 QB), but next year he'd be the consensus number 1 pick AND have a chance to win a national title.

but lets get back to this demarco murray thing...so far i haven't seen him do anything that a healthy felix jones isn't capable of...
either run through a crater size hole up the middle and turn the jets on or use his wheels (which admittedly are impressive) to gain the corner and outrun the pursuit...

we'll see how consistent he is...if he shows consistency i'll give him props...but i don't think he'll make guys miss at this level in tight spaces and i don't think you can run him inside consistently...nor so i think he's a guy who will make people miss all that much or break tackles...but we'll see...one games not gonna put me over the deep end

i am surprised that the boys haven't taken more advantage of his fantastic receiving skills...which predraft i thought was his only real value

at the same time though i wouldn't be surprised if he was hurt like jones in no time...

but lets get back to this demarco murray thing...so far i haven't seen him do anything that a healthy felix jones isn't capable of...
either run through a crater size hole up the middle and turn the jets on or use his wheels (which admittedly are impressive) to gain the corner and outrun the pursuit...

we'll see how consistent he is...if he shows consistency i'll give him props...but i don't think he'll make guys miss at this level in tight spaces and i don't think you can run him inside consistently...nor so i think he's a guy who will make people miss all that much or break tackles...but we'll see...one games not gonna put me over the deep end

i am surprised that the boys haven't taken more advantage of his fantastic receiving skills...which predraft i thought was his only real value

at the same time though i wouldn't be surprised if he was hurt like jones in no time...

I'm not saying he's Adrian Sanders Christ. I said I like him as a change of pace back. You said you wouldn't draft him.

I love Cam Newton. Can we make this post about him instead?

Seriously, though, I love Cam Newton.

No, but seriously, I'll be extremely excited to have Luck or Barkley and heart-broken with any other QB coming out this year. They're the only two I'd accept. If Barkley doesn't come out, and we can't get Luck, I'd draft BPA and tank next year to draft him.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Also, I was waiting for hoops to get **** for Murray. Undraftable hoops?

i said he wasn't on my board...and he wasn't...and if any of you have dirt on me bring it..it doesn't happen very often but lets go...i'm a big boy...i can handle it...i'll admit when i'm wrong...i have no problem with that...but i need to see real evidence...lord knows i'm not afraid to tell you guys when you miss or what i think...i don't ride the fence...

You are obviously right that I missed the 60 yard trick play. I did see most all of the Washington & Washington State games in which Stanford's running game was so dominant that Luck didn't need to do much, so all I saw was a bunch of screens and checkdowns and accurate short red zone throws. I did say that he very well is the consensus #1 pick this year, but his skill set doesn't remind me of a strong-armed quick-release QB like Elway, Marino or Rodgers, but more of an amazing leader that is running a pro-style offense. Nothing wrong with that. I just don't see why he is being labeled as the best QB prospect in 30 years. The Elway comparisons could be attributed to the fact that they both played at Stanford and his bloodlines with his father as a former NFL QB. I was impressed with Barkley and didn't see that Luck was miles beyond other top prospects. The good news is that Stanford still has Oregon and ASU to play in the PAC-12 title game, and hopefully either LSU or Alabama in their bowl game.

Watch more.

It's hard to take the concerns of someone who's only watched "parts of games" very seriously. If you watch say four of five complete games and still have concerns, then post them. But this thread is sort of like saying, "well, I just took my first physics class today and I have some concerns about why objects move the way they do."

Statements like, "I can't recall a deep throw that he's even attempted" just shows this ignorance in action. Luck may not throw down field as often as some quarterbacks (Stanford's lack of anything resembling a playmaker at WR contributes to this) but he throws down field plenty for you to have seen it if you were actually watching him. He threw downfield more than a couple of times against USC just last night, including a perfectly placed 60 yard bomb off of a trick play out of the Wildcat.

actually that 60 yard bomb off the wildcat by luck was slightly underthrown...which is something that constantly shows up on tape as slimm has pointed out...his deep ball has a tendency to float....the wr on that play walks in easy if he doesn't have to take a quick check up on that throw...if its out in front he walks in...but its a lot better than it being underthrown or way late like i've seen plenty of evidence from with landry jones or 5 yards over his head with a chad henne etc...

Back
Top Bottom