Question About Andrew Luck | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question About Andrew Luck

St Louis has been killed with injuries. Danny Amendola, Jerome Murphy, Michael Clayton, Ron Bartell, and Bradley Fletcher are all on IR. They've also had a lot of players miss time in Steven Jackson, Jerious Norwood, Michael Hoomanawanui, Billy Bajema, Robert Quinn, Danario Alexander, Brandon Gibson, Jason Smith, Brady Poppinga, Ben Leber, and Sam Bradford all missing games. Quinten MIkell also has gotten hurt and missed time in games.

I can understand Dolphin fans not understanding the talent Luck is after a decade of watching the garbage we put on the field week in and week out, it tends to skew the eyes after time!

well i look forward to reading your predraft prospect takes in the draft forum etc in the future...and holding you accountable for them...

If it makes you feel any better: I also predicted we had better take THE best prospect in Glen Dorsey, the LSU Horsey...and I SWORE Cam Newton would be a BUST!!! I was very wrong on both accounts, and glad that Jake Long is indeed what he is.

I also knew that Reggie Bush was not worthy of a first round pick was HOPING the Jests would be able to pull off the trade that almost sent him to NY for their 1st, 2nd and 5th (Reportedly), and predicted that Matt Leinart would be out of the league within 3 years...and swore then, and still swear that D-Mac would never live to his potential because he would always be hurt. Reasoning is that he carries most of his weight above his waist....

I also knew that Pat Willis was, by far, our best pick in that infamous draft....I got clobbered cause we still had Zach.... On the flipside, I would've been happy with the QB from Notre Dame that is still sitting on the bench behind two terrible QB's in Denver.

I live and die by my convictions. I have been lucky in many predictions, but don't shy away from stupid S*** I have predicted.

I have also not seen as much footage as many of you have, but try to take in a different team each weekend, but I do have a few favorites I always follow.... Stanford is one of them..... Actually, my favorite team (And alma-matter)is famous for exactly 1 NFL player, whom played rover-back in College and is now a pretty good MLB for the Bears.

well, for the 07 draft, I thought either Levi Brown or Brady Quinn were locks for the pick, but I thought we should go Leon Hall or Darrell Revis. Both would've been great picks.

well, for the 07 draft, I thought either Levi Brown or Brady Quinn were locks for the pick, but I thought we should go Leon Hall or Darrell Revis. Both would've been great picks.

Yep, I remember you.
Obviously either Hall, and especially Revis would've been great picks. Actually, we never had a chance at Levi Brown. I KNEW he was gonna end up in Arizona

During that draft, I was fishing with a friend of mine (Who happens to be a Cheatriots fan) at a lake in Southern Arizona. I almost threw all my damn tackle into the lake when they announced Ginn (We had a little portable radio with us).

I remember the hell in there after THAT pick. It was as dividing as the S4L thing going on right now. I remember learning in great detail exactly what a Les Franc fracture was all about.

Yep, I remember you.
Obviously either Hall, and especially Revis would've been great picks. Actually, we never had a chance at Levi Brown. I KNEW he was gonna end up in Arizona

During that draft, I was fishing with a friend of mine (Who happens to be a Cheatriots fan) at a lake in Southern Arizona. I almost threw all my damn tackle into the lake when they announced Ginn (We had a little portable radio with us).

I remember the hell in there after THAT pick. It was as dividing as the S4L thing going on right now. I remember learning in great detail exactly what a Les Franc fracture was all about.

well with Levi, as soon as Joe Thomas went 3 I knew we had no chance. Before that, I had no reason to think he wouldn't be there

Well I think the OP is entitled to raise the point. As I don't live in the US, I am not subject to the Luck-love all the time but watched his last couple of games to judge for myself. I think he is a very solid pro prospect and would be happy to have him, but the hype is completely OTT. One obvious thing is that he is very much a Manning-type passer, replying on reading the D rather than a great arm or instincts. If he can do that at Pro level, great. But he does not appear to have a great arm, nor much 'explosiveness' (if that makes sense for a QB) - it all seems to be quite slow. Can he adapt to the much faster pace of the NFL?

People say he is the greatest prospect since Elway - well, Elway was rubbish for three years and, by the time he won his Superbowls, he was being overshadowed by the rest of his team. I would also ask people to remember Testaverde - he was the greatest prospect in history as well. The truth is, NOBODY knows and there is no such thing as a sure thing. Talk about Luck being a sure fire bet are ridiculous.

I would be very pleased to get Luck, but if we don't get the #1 pick I would NOT trade up for him.

BTW, the college QB who is actually playing the best, and looks closest to an NFL QB to me, is Kellen Moore. But we are not allowed to say so, since he only goes to Boise, and is not 6'4" etc etc. To me, he looks like the next coming of Tom Brady - he is by FAR the most accurate QB I have seen in college this year. Would it not be ironic if a team picks him in the second round, after all the second round busts we have had.....

Well I think the OP is entitled to raise the point. As I don't live in the US, I am not subject to the Luck-love all the time but watched his last couple of games to judge for myself. I think he is a very solid pro prospect and would be happy to have him, but the hype is completely OTT. One obvious thing is that he is very much a Manning-type passer, replying on reading the D rather than a great arm or instincts. If he can do that at Pro level, great. But he does not appear to have a great arm, nor much 'explosiveness' (if that makes sense for a QB) - it all seems to be quite slow. Can he adapt to the much faster pace of the NFL?

People say he is the greatest prospect since Elway - well, Elway was rubbish for three years and, by the time he won his Superbowls, he was being overshadowed by the rest of his team. I would also ask people to remember Testaverde - he was the greatest prospect in history as well. The truth is, NOBODY knows and there is no such thing as a sure thing. Talk about Luck being a sure fire bet are ridiculous.

I would be very pleased to get Luck, but if we don't get the #1 pick I would NOT trade up for him.

BTW, the college QB who is actually playing the best, and looks closest to an NFL QB to me, is Kellen Moore. But we are not allowed to say so, since he only goes to Boise, and is not 6'4" etc etc. To me, he looks like the next coming of Tom Brady - he is by FAR the most accurate QB I have seen in college this year. Would it not be ironic if a team picks him in the second round, after all the second round busts we have had.....

Living in Idaho I watch a lot of Kellen Moore and I like the kid. He does not have a strong arm though. Most of his passes are floaters. I would say the ceiling on him would be Chad Pennington status. If he went to the Patriots I think he would do well, but in a traditional NFL offense I think he would struggle.

Living in Idaho I watch a lot of Kellen Moore and I like the kid. He does not have a strong arm though. Most of his passes are floaters. I would say the ceiling on him would be Chad Pennington status. If he went to the Patriots I think he would do well, but in a traditional NFL offense I think he would struggle.

So the ceiling on him is the most accurate passer in NFL history.... :ponder:

Actually, I agree he would be perfect for the Pats. Hopefully they will pass as they have Mallett.

I think Moore's arm strength is fine, but he tends to throw off the back foot a lot. He can get away with this in college as he is accurate, but not in the Pros.

Ofcourse he is going to be amazing. How many Superbowls has he won? How many yards, TD and Int has he thrown in his career in the NFL? If I recall correctly people were bashing the Colts when they drafted Peyton ahead of Leaf. I honestly see nothing spectacular about Luck either. This is how the world revolves. They follow trendy things. Luck is a trendy thing. I honestly wish if we do draft him that he is the next Elway, Marino orr Manning.

I was on these boards before the draft. We were all hoping we would not draft Newton and made fun of Panthers when they drafted him. Honestly I wished we would of picked him up. That kid showed he can actually play! Yet we were all bashing saying "He is not a NFL Qb".

He isnt, dont let the flavor of the moment get to you. Even if he reaches vicks level, which he wont, he will be still a failure like Vick is.

The best runningback qb ever was Steve young and he wasnt really that good as a runner, he carried on the momentum after Joe Montana and one of the best frnachises in history ( 49ers )

Well Cam Newton has played in the NFL and is doing really good for a rookie with really bad receivers (exception of Smith) He is running the ball very well but he is killing it with his accuracy and strong arm.

Back
Top Bottom