Question for Boomer, Ck, other draft experts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question for Boomer, Ck, other draft experts

Silverphin

Chairman of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee
Reaction score
Okay, picture this scenario:

Nick Saban is on the clock. And he has decision narrowed down to two prospects: DB Jason Allen and DE/OLB Manny Lawson. Both would fill a need (Safety or Outside Linbacker).

Which player do we take?

lawson. allen has apparently failed some physicals and will drop to the 2nd, closer to the 3rd.

Don't be so quick to rule out Allen. It seems that those reports were a little bit erroneous. The 2 mosy trustworthy sources I know say that nothing has changed. And we found out last night that Allen is one of two players that Miami seems to be targeting.

Personally I think he'd take Lawson, but I think he'd use all 15 minutes.

I think we'd go for Lawson before Allen. In a situation where it was narrowed down to those two, I would think some substantial BPA's would have dropped off the board in the target areas. I think Lawson will be seens as the guy with the most upside out of the two and probably a better pick overall.

I am not sure that I think either represents great value at that pick. Are Greenway, Wimbley, or Whitner on the board? Cause I would take any one of them over Allen and Lawson. Are Holmes and Jackson on the board? Cause I would take one of those two over Lawson and Allen too.

Jason Allen.

Nick Saban is going to continue to use that SEC pipeline before his familiarity with those players dry up. Out of all the players in this draft, Jason Allen is the one that Nick Saban recruited the hardest out of high school and didn't get. He's the prototypical Nick Saban type of defensive back.

Don't buy into Todd McShay's report that he has failed a couple of physicals. If that were true, then that story would be running rampant right now. My guess is, someone has given Todd some misinformation, because not even Mel Kiper Jr. is buying into it. His updated big board is headlined by Jason Allen's rising stock in this draft.

Boom

You mentioned a 2nd player the Dolphins are targeting, besides Jason Allen, who would that be?

Boomer said:
Don't be so quick to rule out Allen. It seems that those reports were a little bit erroneous. The 2 mosy trustworthy sources I know say that nothing has changed. And we found out last night that Allen is one of two players that Miami seems to be targeting.

Personally I think he'd take Lawson, but I think he'd use all 15 minutes.

I think Allen would be the target if we traded down, but at 16, Lawson would be the better value. We can get a pretty good safety in the 3rd.

FinFan57 said:
Boom

You mentioned a 2nd player the Dolphins are targeting, besides Jason Allen, who would that be?

I think he's talking about Manny Lawson (correct me if I'm wrong). That's why I named Jason Allen and Manny Lawson for the question.

Anyway, thanks for y'all input.

Back
Top Bottom