Question From a Lions Fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question From a Lions Fan

I will wait for you to cut them and then get them dirt cheap as scheme fits. Which won’t be long before you do.

not sure miami would be interested in Collins

How did Flowers do in Detroit? I didn't follow the Lions. Collins is too old.

I could see Miami having some interest in Flowers, but likely for a lower draft pick, maybe a 6th.

I don't mean that to be insulting, but that's based on taking on a big salary.
He had some issues with injuries. His first year he was injured i believe in training camp so when the season started he was behind a little bit. After a slow start he was very good for us. Last year he got hurt and with our season being lost we shut him down. While on the field I believe he lived up to the contract. His sack number weren't high, but the defense around him was historically bad. He is a great all around defender, and in Miami I think he would be a very solid run defender and could chip in 8-12 sacks. I do think the Lions would keep him unless they could get a 3rd rounder or better.

We have the extra draft capital because we traded some very good players. Now we need to reap the benefit of the top of the draft where some elite offensive talent resides. At #3 a trade down is fine but not past 7 or 8 imo. At 7 or 8 we are assured either Chase, Smith or Waddell. We NEED one of those 3 right away and can't afford to mess this up. I was surprised to see Detroit say that we should get Pitts with #3 but I've heard that some other places. I'd like the Dolphins to come away with 5 picks in the top 50 and turn at least 4 of them into offensive starters. Smith, Harris, an olineman and one more explosive player that has blinding speed and scores lots of TD's!

The 1st hurdle is, i think, Miami won't be in the high-priced player market. 2nd, I think DET would want too much in return. Not a bad idea, but I suspect there's no acceptable middle ground
Dan Campbell came out and said every move they make is thinking 2-3 years into the future. With that being said getting a player with a high salary off the books is probably something they would be more then willing to do even if he is a very good players because I don't think he will be in their plans in 2-3 years. That being said I don't think they would do it for any less then a 3rd, but just a hunch.

Dan Campbell came out and said every move they make is thinking 2-3 years into the future. With that being said getting a player with a high salary off the books is probably something they would be more then willing to do even if he is a very good players because I don't think he will be in their plans in 2-3 years. That being said I don't think they would do it for any less then a 3rd, but just a hunch.
By the way, I think Dan Campbell was a good choice as HC. I liked him in Miami, but I think he needed that New Orleans experience.

Hope he does well for you guys.

I will wait for you to cut them and then get them dirt cheap as scheme fits. Which won’t be long before you do.

not sure miami would be interested in Collins
Yes, especially when I can use the same type of money in free agency for players just as good and not have to give up any draft picks.

If you're right, even a 2nd isn't unreasonable for Flowers. That still leaves a pretty sizable salary and I'm not sure Miami would be very interested.

he will be fired in 3-4 years. Maybe 4 cause he somehow was given a 6 year deal.

once that bark wears off you gonna realize that dude doesn’t give you much else. Becomes hollow

Yes, especially when I can use the same type of money in free agency for players just as good and not have to give up any draft picks.

2nd rounder wasnt gonba happen taking on that money anyways unless I’m just incompetent.

wait for the inevitable cut then decide if you want flowers in the rotation (and cheap)

I just looked at that Jamie Collins money.

that’s a hard no. $8.8 mil for 2021 yeah no.

2nd rounder wasnt gonba happen taking on that money anyways unless I’m just incompetent.

wait for the inevitable cut then decide if you want flowers in the rotation (and cheap)
Yeah, that 2nd round part is not an option. When looking at the Collins contract, it may actually cost Detroit a pic to trade him. More than likely to be cut

yep. Prime candidate. I’m if building for 2 years from now he’s history
Hey Hoops, if Parsons checks the boxes off the field, how would you feel about using next years 1st with 18 to move up for him? I would do it if up to me.

Hey Hoops, if Parsons checks the boxes off the field, how would you feel about using next years 1st with 18 to move up for him? I would do it if up to me.

If he checks out off the field etc than I’m absolutely interested in anything that has to do with him. But if he checks out for you he’s probably gonna check out for other teams also so you playing a dangerous game

Last edited:
yep. Prime candidate. I’m if building for 2 years from now he’s history
Collins is staying if they can't get a deal. They would lose money against the cap by cutting him, so he would stick around as a veteran presence. IMO 8-9mil a year for a good starting LB'er is not that much. With that being said I get the reluctance to give up draft picks for someone like that. Same with Flowers, he's a good enough player to keep, especially considering the cap hit we would take by cutting him. We would actually save a little bit if we could trade him though and as mentioned before, getting draft capital for him is a plus. Otherwise I think both he and Collins is here for 2021 and Flowers would probably be here for 2022 as well if no trade (probably not Collins).

Back
Top Bottom