Quick notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick notes

arge13

Super Donator
Reaction score
After watching the condensed film from the Raiders game, a few things came to mind:

•As a poster mentioned last week, this offense just finds a way to scheme receivers open. Quite possibly the most refreshing offensive design since I've been a Dolphin fan (1990). And we haven't even really seen the playbook yet.

•The misdirection aids pass blocking efficiency. It stunts the pass rush, and gets them to redirect & restart.

•I think everyone needs to chill about the Gesicki's role in the offense. He'll play a solid part. He's just too talented a receiver to not warrant play calls.

•Duke Riley is really kicking ass.. Back-to-back solo run stuffs late in the 2nd quarter.

•I will be a shame if we lose B. Sanders by trying to stash him on the PS. There simply isn't room for him in the top six as far as I'm concerned.

Sanders and Skylar Thompson will be poached if released.,.trade gisecki we don’t need him we need o line and line backing talent and depth…trade Bridgewater free up salary cap space….IF we are fortunate to stay healthy we make a suerbowl run - enjoy Skylar when if Tua needs to heal during season - he’s gonna create big controversy if this happens - and I’m a Tua fan I think he’s the real deal - but Skylar got IT!!! Enjoy!!!

Sanders and Skylar Thompson will be poached if released.,.trade gisecki we don’t need him we need o line and line backing talent and depth…trade Bridgewater free up salary cap space….IF we are fortunate to stay healthy we make a suerbowl run - enjoy Skylar when if Tua needs to heal during season - he’s gonna create big controversy if this happens - and I’m a Tua fan I think he’s the real deal - but Skylar got IT!!! Enjoy!!!
This isn't Madden. You have to have willing trade partners and the specific situations with both MG, as well as TB, make that highly unlikely.

I get that you are just talking off the top of your head, but at some point the actual mechanics of what you are suggesting have to be taken into account.

Sanders and Skylar Thompson will be poached if released.,.
While I agree with you on this point - I have no issue with Sanders being poached. If he doesn't make it to the Practice squad it really doesn't matter to the team long or short term.

If the coaching staff feel that Skyler has upside beyond what we have seen we will be taking 3 QB's into the season. I'm good with that.

Skylar "got IT"? After 1 1/2 preseason games?

This isn't Madden. You have to have willing trade partners and the specific situations with both MG, as well as TB, make that highly unlikely.

I get that you are just talking off the top of your head, but at some point the actual mechanics of what you are suggesting have to be taken into account.

Plus, even if a trade partner is found, the majority of the time it's going to be for draft picks, which doesn't help this years OL.

Other teams need quality OL and depth as well so if you can work a player for player trade, how good of player are you getting in return?

I've seen a couple of blurbs that claim Grier is attempting to move our bubble players for late round picks. I'm sure that he is, the trick is in finding a partner.
Bad teams will just wait until waivers happen as they have a ton of holes and want to keep their draft picks.
Good teams generally dont have any real holes and are reluctant to add a player late.

So mediocre teams are your best bet, especially ones with Coaches/GMs on the hot seat this year.

I hope Sanders makes it. I know he's on the bubble, but I'd prefer him over Preston Williams and Bowden.
Think we'll keep Bowden... I didn't think so originally, but I've changed my mind. The fact that we are using him as both a kick and punt returner, as well as the fact that he can line up as a RB makes me believe that he'll be the 6th guy.
Sanders will be waived and then we hope he makes it to the PS. Williams is a likely cut/trade.

Back
Top Bottom