Quick notes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick notes

After watching the condensed film from the Raiders game, a few things came to mind:

•As a poster mentioned last week, this offense just finds a way to scheme receivers open. Quite possibly the most refreshing offensive design since I've been a Dolphin fan (1990). And we haven't even really seen the playbook yet.

•The misdirection aids pass blocking efficiency. It stunts the pass rush, and gets them to redirect & restart.

I think everyone needs to chill about the Gesicki's role in the offense. He'll play a solid part. He's just too talented a receiver to not warrant play calls.

•Duke Riley is really kicking ass.. Back-to-back solo run stuffs late in the 2nd quarter.

•I will be a shame if we lose B. Sanders by trying to stash him on the PS. There simply isn't room for him in the top six as far as I'm concerned.

I noticed that the 12 personnel grouping was used frequently. I'd wager that Gesicki won't be used much as an inline TE.

MG instead will IMO be used as a an H-Back to to chip & wham.

This leads to two observations.... 1) I don't believe Ingold has played & 2) We don't know the frequency of personnel grouping that McD will use.

p.s. MG's use inline might increase as the season wears on, but, those expecting him to become Jay Novacek need to put "the medicine" down.

Think we'll keep Bowden... I didn't think so originally, but I've changed my mind. The fact that we are using him as both a kick and punt returner, as well as the fact that he can line up as a RB makes me believe that he'll be the 6th guy.
Sanders will be waived and then we hope he makes it to the PS. Williams is a likely cut/trade.
That's how I see it as well.

Think we'll keep Bowden... I didn't think so originally, but I've changed my mind. The fact that we are using him as both a kick and punt returner, as well as the fact that he can line up as a RB makes me believe that he'll be the 6th guy.
Sanders will be waived and then we hope he makes it to the PS. Williams is a likely cut/trade.
Agree. I have not been a huge Bowden supporter either. I didn't dislike him, I just railed against the "this guy is special" rhetoric. At this point I think he is as good as any for that final WR spot. What clinched it for me was that I saw much better route running than in the past. I now consider him a servicable NFL WR.

Think we'll keep Bowden... I didn't think so originally, but I've changed my mind. The fact that we are using him as both a kick and punt returner, as well as the fact that he can line up as a RB makes me believe that he'll be the 6th guy.what
I believe this is what will happen. Unless Grier is able to trade Williams and/or Bowden. That's probably not very likely.

Agree. I have not been a huge Bowden supporter either. I didn't dislike him, I just railed against the "this guy is special" rhetoric. At this point I think he is as good as any for that final WR spot. What clinched it for me was that I saw much better route running than in the past. I now consider him a servicable NFL WR.
He has looked good in preseason and does offer versatility. I agree, nothing special, but not a terrible 6th option at wr.

When you are a fringe player, you've GOT to be versatile, do a lot of jobs... Bowden has that. Sanu doesn't, Williams doesn't, Sanders might... someday.

Right now... I'd keep Bowden, unless a decent trade offer is made for him.
man lol it is a close calll between Bowden and Sanders, Sanders looked smooth on sat nite, showing more versatility that was advertised by the main stream

Everybody can save this and rub it in my face down the line. Skylar Thompson is not going to create any controversy for Tua. I’m 100% sure this will never happen.

So are 99% of the rest of us.

But he's got a live arm and he appears to have all the makings of a solid backup. Stronger armed Matt Moore is who he is. I'll take that.

So are 99% of the rest of us.

But he's got a live arm and he appears to have all the makings of a solid backup. Stronger armed Matt Moore is who he is. I'll take that.
Told my wife in that K-State conf champ game, this kid’s getting drafted, and nobody knows his name. I was surprised and happy when Miami got him. He has a shot at developing into a solid NFL QB, IMO. I firmly believe after some more time, given the Dolphins weaponry, he could light it up. I’ve been wrong before…but I’ve been right too. Pulling for him.

I won't be surprised if all three are waived...

I'd cut Munson now, and Scarlett would have to beat out Goode. (Unlikely)
Right now I have Phillips, Ogbah,Roberts and Baker starting with Ingram, Gustin, Riley, Egouvon and Tindall making the 53 man roster at the lb/edge roles.

Told my wife in that K-State conf champ game, this kid’s getting drafted, and nobody knows his name. I was surprised and happy when Miami got him. He has a shot at developing into a solid NFL QB, IMO. I firmly believe after some more time, given the Dolphins weaponry, he could light it up. I’ve been wrong before…but I’ve been right too. Pulling for him.

His only limitation appears to be velocity but overall he has a nice make up. He hasn't appeared overwhelmed or flustered by any situation. Granted there isn't real "pressure" there is real pressure in regards to earning a living for your family. This was going to be his one shot to show what he can do and he capitalized big time. He could've easily made some typical rookie mistakes and ridden off into late round QB obscurity.

This kid not only looks like a quality backup, he might be crazy enough to actually want to play.

First and foremost you gotta get that pay check and secure your family but down the road, I'd like to see him actually play. Preferably in the 4th quarter of a lot of blowouts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom