Quick notes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick notes

So are 99% of the rest of us.

But he's got a live arm and he appears to have all the makings of a solid backup. Stronger armed Matt Moore is who he is. I'll take that.
Exactly. He's having a terrific preseason and definitely is a keeper. Kudos to Grier and McDaniel for finding him.

This isn't Madden. You have to have willing trade partners and the specific situations with both MG, as well as TB, make that highly unlikely.

I get that you are just talking off the top of your head, but at some point the actual mechanics of what you are suggesting have to be taken into account.
Right, it takes two to tango on trades. I think several of our cuts end up on other rosters this year. It's a big change from us scavenging cuts from other teams in the not too distant past.

"Agree. I have not been a huge Bowden supporter either. I didn't dislike him, I just railed against the "this guy is special" rhetoric. At this point I think he is as good as any for that final WR spot. What clinched it for me was that I saw much better route running than in the past. I now consider him a servicable NFL WR." Mach2

I too have turned the corner on Bowden, he's no game breaker like some believe, but maybe he can be a "Randall Cobb" type , if he sticks...

His only limitation appears to be velocity but overall he has a nice make up. He hasn't appeared overwhelmed or flustered by any situation. Granted there isn't real "pressure" there is real pressure in regards to earning a living for your family. This was going to be his one shot to show what he can do and he capitalized big time. He could've easily made some typical rookie mistakes and ridden off into late round QB obscurity.

This kid not only looks like a quality backup, he might be crazy enough to actually want to play.

First and foremost you gotta get that pay check and secure your family but down the road, I'd like to see him actually play. Preferably in the 4th quarter or a lot of blowouts.
That used to be common place, putting in the backup in a blowout. If only Saban followed that…

was thinking the exact same thing - I cracked up at that.
He does look good so far but I think we need to reign in our expectations of a 7th round pick. He’s shown a knack for pushing the ball down the field and making good decisions. I hope that continues and he’s a guy we deem worthy of developing. Worst case then is Tua is the man and a couple years later you trade ST for a 2nd rounder a la Garappolo and Briskett when they were on NE. Or he turns out to he the next Tom Brady. We haven’t had a developmental QB that looked this good in a very long time.

I say keep him a year unless we get a rash of injuries and see if we can "Ron Wolfe" him for a 2nd at some point

I've seen a couple of blurbs that claim Grier is attempting to move our bubble players for late round picks. I'm sure that he is, the trick is in finding a partner.
Bad teams will just wait until waivers happen as they have a ton of holes and want to keep their draft picks.
Good teams generally dont have any real holes and are reluctant to add a player late.

So mediocre teams are your best bet, especially ones with Coaches/GMs on the hot seat this year.
Well said, Fever.

yes... college too... i could see it from the get go
He certainly showed he's a gamer in college...that doesn't always translate to real NFL. We may or may not find out if it has this year, but he's definitely worth developing.

Back
Top Bottom