Quinn And Branch Getting Cut? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn And Branch Getting Cut?

This is not a shock to anyone here. Quinn and Branch were grossly overpaid from the jump. We need to infuse some youth in the worst way. Kind of hard to imagine what it will look like by August. Would love to see any player that was on that vaunted Clemson DLine. Wilkins, Lawrence, Ferrell I'm good with any of them, c'mon down.

22 sacks in 3 years while paying him 46 million... yeah that’s a hard pass made the right decision to let him go.

At least he can set an edge and get pressure.

We wasted TONS of resources on Andre, Mario, and Harris to fill his void, and yet it's as glaring as ever.

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd prefer not to have that critical void and have all of those wasted resources back, gotta find a way to keep your best young players ESPECIALLY at premium positions.

It'll be interesting what other talent voids this organization chooses to create (Sitton, RT, X) in this supposed abominable tank season lol.

Last edited:
I would cut Tannehill, Branch, & Sitton (~$25mil savings) but I would not cut Quinn, Parker, Amendola, or Spence. All four of them are in the final year of their deals & if we're looking to build for the future, by letting the four of them walk after their contracts expire will formulate into compensatory picks in 2021. Granted Amendola & Spence won't bring back anything more than a 7th, but gambling on Quinn & Parker could return something more. We won't need the salary space those guys would bring if we're gunning for a high draft pick & rebuild through the draft. Extra picks would certainly help that.

I would cut Tannehill, Branch, & Sitton (~$25mil savings) but I would not cut Quinn, Parker, Amendola, or Spence. All four of them are in the final year of their deals & if we're looking to build for the future, by letting the four of them walk after their contracts expire will formulate into compensatory picks in 2021. Granted Amendola & Spence won't bring back anything more than a 7th, but gambling on Quinn & Parker could return something more. We won't need the salary space those guys would bring if we're gunning for a high draft pick & rebuild through the draft. Extra picks would certainly help that.

This actually makes a lot on sense.

Having this coaching staff that played the Dolphins 2x a season, scout our players, game plan for our players is HUGE.

You couldn't ask for a better coaching staff to be able to come in and evaluate your roster and make changes.

I would released Parker and Amendola as well. you can find cheaper replacement. I would keep Spence for depth. they will not hurt ur win or lost by replacing them.

CUT EVERYONE But Xavian, Fitz, Tunsil, Baker and Sanders.

Ooops- and Keep Drake and Ballage.. my bad.

Last edited:

I presume your decisions are made on the assumption there will be no 'tank.' Not saying you're wrong, but that's an assumption. I'm inclined DVP and Branch are most likely gone under any variation, but that's also an assumption and as far as I'm willing to go. Between the two, I think Quinn is the better player, but that means nothing until Flores' strategy in known.

Signing Olivier Vernon to a $17.5M average salary per year is how you get further into cap hell. Glad we didn't sign him for that much.

Well I would have tagged him and tried to work something out, he only got that much because he was a free agent when he really should have been extended before his contract season.

The money and picks we've spent (wasted) on his replacement have been horrible, at least NY has a good DE even if overpaid, we have none.

People gotta realize QB's, offensive tackles, cornerbacks, and pass rushers are expensive AF.

Miami finally has a good corner in X and half the fan base wants us to trade him now instead of build around him like we should have with OV lol.

Last edited:
Non fits for new scheme. Cut them all

If we sign anything in free agency at de as a lock starter I hope it’s trey flowers

But that’s gonna cost likely at or north of $18 mil per.

More likely add it in the draft barring a qb draft chips move

Looks like DE is all but certain to be one of our top 2 picks and given this draft class, more than likely its our 1st. Wouldn't be shocked to see a DE and DT taken with our first 2 picks.

Disappointed Jaylon Ferguson isn't going to be working out at the combine.

Also curious about possibly drafting Rashan Gary. I actually googled him to make sure I spelled Rashan correctly and interestingly enough this was the first result...

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...ve-lineman-rashan-gary-to-the-dolphins-at-13/

I think the dude created his own sports agency, so clearly he will be representing himself. I'm guessing he's attended more than one class in the building bearing Stephen Ross's name. For better or worse, Ross should stay out swaying that decision.

I am always leery of Michigan players as a biased Ohio State fan. I dislike them all inherently. However if you can help the Dolphins, I can let that all slide.

We need to be open to the best possible value at 13.

Who gets put on the field if we cut everyone but 5 players?

2uotrw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom