Quinn And Branch Getting Cut? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn And Branch Getting Cut?

1.what does tanking mean to me.
a. it could be Cleveland browns last 12 yr. and they still not in playoff. no where close to SB.
b. with good drafting,Coaching and developing players. maybe we can be back in playoff every yr. keys factor is NE maybe bills
c. or we could just be right back to 7-8 win a yr. after tanking.
d. talking about letting everybody go. are we ready handle losing like browns. if thing go left field.

So, Parker is locked in for now right? No taking back the option before the league year starts?? If so, I would just roll with him on the team and either trade him / get a comp pick when he leaves for somewhere else next year. We won't desperately need the money this year.. just let that contract expire

but @hoops thats nuts about Gary being that fast I know he's somewhat versatile but had no idea he was that quick. I doubt he gets that high.... gary 4.6 - 4.7? and white in the 4.5 range seems realisitc

I think odds are good ov gets released

I’m not sure I like the fit for us though schematically

Flowers has more thump at the poa way I see it

He also plays on the strong side most of the time right? I think OV is pretty stout for a weak side guy. I also think everyone is speculating that Flores/Graham will run the exact system NE ran n 2018 but there's one issue I see....

They continually change it up based on the new personnel they bring in. They were predominately 3-4 back when they had Wilfork at NT & Richard Seymour at 5 tech and then switched it up when they had Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Hightower at LB and Chandler Jones on the edge with Ninkovich at SDE. Nink was only 6'2 260 at DE.

I know they always run a lot of nickel and dime and disguise the rush but I would think Flores would cater to the guys we have as far as the front 7. Find a way to utilize Baker, McMillan, Fitz, X, Jones, Taylor. Sort of leaves the edges wide open considering we have no one to build around yet. If Belichick is anything he's adaptable. Hopefully Flores picked up on that.

He also plays on the strong side most of the time right? I think OV is pretty stout for a weak side guy. I also think everyone is speculating that Flores/Graham will run the exact system NE ran n 2018 but there's one issue I see....

They continually change it up based on the new personnel they bring in. They were predominately 3-4 back when they had Wilfork at NT & Richard Seymour at 5 tech and then switched it up when they had Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Hightower at LB and Chandler Jones on the edge with Ninkovich at SDE. Nink was only 6'2 260 at DE.

I know they always run a lot of nickel and dime and disguise the rush but I would think Flores would cater to the guys we have as far as the front 7. Find a way to utilize Baker, McMillan, Fitz, X, Jones, Taylor. Sort of leaves the edges wide open considering we have no one to build around yet. If Belichick is anything he's adaptable. Hopefully Flores picked up on that.

That’s well said. I’m just assuming a lot based on the current pats d model.

I'm thinking Kyler will be there at 13, just not too sure we'll take him. I'm kinda hoping someone takes him 1-12 so the pressure is off our new staff.
Actually I hope he's there at 13. If we want him then we can draft him and if we don't we could get a nice trade offer for that pick. I want options.

You don’t think burns looks like a less long version of Arden key?

I don’t think miami green lights burns for the poa play in this scheme.

They want to play all those 6 and 7 dbs they better get more poa stout in the trenches and on the edge
No, no, that's a great comparison actually. I think he's actually a better hand in the dirt player than Key, but at this point he's a one-trick pony - he's a great edge rusher, that's all. Way too light in the pants for POA stuff.

I'm beginning to move in the direction of trading down to get the all the draft picks we can. I see this draft class as OK, but not spectacular. I don't have any strong feelings for any player likely to be at 13 in this draft. Maybe we can make this work to our advantage for a change.

Now if the coaching staff sees someone they (not the forum) feel is dramatically better than any of the other available first round draft picks, then by all means get him. Otherwise I would rather they trade back and increase our number of draft picks by one or more selections. We probably aren't going to do much worse later in the first round then we will by picking at 13, but the more draft picks we can get, the better our chances of getting some good players at more positions.

If we can trade back twice in the first round I would be delighted, especially if we make some reasonable selections with those new draft picks. If we took this approach for our first two or three rounds we might be able to add as many as four or even five extra draft picks.

It boils down to this; are you so in love with some potential player at 13 that you don't want to trade back, or are you more interested in increasing our total number of draft selections in order to improve our team in more places.

This draft will be INTERESTING, if nothing else!

Actually I hope he's there at 13. If we want him then we can draft him and if we don't we could get a nice trade offer for that pick. I want options.

Now that's a thought, use our 13 to gain a 2nd or 3rd. I'm game.

So, Parker is locked in for now right? No taking back the option before the league year starts?? If so, I would just roll with him on the team and either trade him / get a comp pick when he leaves for somewhere else next year. We won't desperately need the money this year.. just let that contract expire

but @hoops thats nuts about Gary being that fast I know he's somewhat versatile but had no idea he was that quick. I doubt he gets that high.... gary 4.6 - 4.7? and white in the 4.5 range seems realisitc

I would project white in the mid to high 4.5s. It’s plenty fast enough at 235 let alone 245 plus

I do think his play speed makes up for his instincts some times but a faster version of Vontaze Burfict projects damn well

Last edited:

I think we can still rescind the 5th year option before the league year starts and Parker becomes a UFA, so we could get compensation next year if he signs a lucrative deal.

I'm beginning to move in the direction of trading down to get the all the draft picks we can. I see this draft class as OK, but not spectacular. I don't have any strong feelings for any player likely to be at 13 in this draft. Maybe we can make this work to our advantage for a change.

Now if the coaching staff sees someone they (not the forum) feel is dramatically better than any of the other available first round draft picks, then by all means get him. Otherwise I would rather they trade back and increase our number of draft picks by one or more selections. We probably aren't going to do much worse later in the first round then we will by picking at 13, but the more draft picks we can get, the better our chances of getting some good players at more positions.

If we can trade back twice in the first round I would be delighted, especially if we make some reasonable selections with those new draft picks. If we took this approach for our first two or three rounds we might be able to add as many as four or even five extra draft picks.

It boils down to this; are you so in love with some potential player at 13 that you don't want to trade back, or are you more interested in increasing our total number of draft selections in order to improve our team in more places.

This draft will be INTERESTING, if nothing else!
D-line is the only position above average in this draft. Every other position is either average or even below average. Not saying every single player is average or below but the positions as a whole are. I'd be fine with moving down and gaining picks for the 2020 draft actually. I'd go both lines on this draft. Guards and centers often fall so 2nd and 3rd round we can get a couple of those guys. Then 2020 get our QB and whatever else we might need.

Back
Top Bottom