Quinn And Branch Getting Cut? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn And Branch Getting Cut?

I think we can still rescind the 5th year option before the league year starts and Parker becomes a UFA, so we could get compensation next year if he signs a lucrative deal.
That would be clutch

Well I would have tagged him and tried to work something out, he only got that much because he was a free agent when he really should have been extended before his contract season.

The money and picks we've spent (wasted) on his replacement have been horrible, at least NY has a good DE even if overpaid, we have none.

People gotta realize QB's, offensive tackles, cornerbacks, and pass rushers are expensive AF.

Miami finally has a good corner in X and half the fan base wants us to trade him now instead of build around him like we should have with OV lol.

No one wants to trade him. False argument and gross over simplification on your part.
You have similar analytical skills to AOC.

D-line is the only position above average in this draft. Every other position is either average or even below average. Not saying every single player is average or below but the positions as a whole are. I'd be fine with moving down and gaining picks for the 2020 draft actually. I'd go both lines on this draft. Guards and centers often fall so 2nd and 3rd round we can get a couple of those guys. Then 2020 get our QB and whatever else we might need.

This makes sense.

I suspect with 5 QB's already on our roster, we will end up with one of them playing this year. It will probably be Tannehill since he is the best of the bunch and assuming he stays uninjured, unless they can trade him. Waiting for Tannehill to leave in free agency next year and getting some comp picks probably makes the most financial sense and player usage sense from the front offices point of view.

That would make 2020 the year we make a push for a new franchise QB, which is consistent with your post. As for what positions we draft for, I have no opinion, but based on what I have read this is not a strong draft. That doesn't mean the players aren't good, but the standouts seem to be few and far between. Your position on the relative strengths and weakness of this draft are in keeping with my thoughts that this is a so-so draft, except that your more detailed on some of the specific positional areas that you feel are good, such as the D-line.

No way man that's how Adam Sandler broke the space time continuum and kept missing huge chunks of his life.
tenor.gif

This makes sense.

I suspect with 5 QB's already on our roster, we will end up with one of them playing this year. It will probably be Tannehill since he is the best of the bunch and assuming he stays uninjured, unless they can trade him. Waiting for Tannehill to leave in free agency next year and getting some comp picks probably makes the most financial sense and player usage sense from the front offices point of view.

That would make 2020 the year we make a push for a new franchise QB, which is consistent with your post. As for what positions we draft for, I have no opinion, but based on what I have read this is not a strong draft. That doesn't mean the players aren't good, but the standouts seem to be few and far between. Your position on the relative strengths and weakness of this draft are in keeping with my thoughts that this is a so-so draft, except that your more detailed on some of the specific positional areas that you feel are good, such as the D-line.
Tannehill won't be a free agent till after the 2020 season

D-line is the only position above average in this draft. Every other position is either average or even below average. Not saying every single player is average or below but the positions as a whole are. I'd be fine with moving down and gaining picks for the 2020 draft actually. I'd go both lines on this draft. Guards and centers often fall so 2nd and 3rd round we can get a couple of those guys. Then 2020 get our QB and whatever else we might need.

You can't say the draft is average then want to trade down.

Only drafts with good players get teams to trade up. Trading down has only worked for NE because they have Tom Brady. BB's draft record isn't great even with all the extra picks he has.

• Cameron Wake DL, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins GM Chris Grier essentially said "we'll see" when asked if the team will try to re-sign free agent DE Cameron Wake.
    Wake just turned 37 last month but somehow remains extremely productive off the edge at his advanced age. There should be no reason Wake would want to return to a Dolphins team that isn't going to compete for anything other than No. 1 pick in the 2020 draft. Miami is expected to also release DEs Robert Quinn and Andre Branch, leaving them paper-thin off the edge.

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter
    Feb 27, 2019, 9:44 AM

You can't say the draft is average then want to trade down.

Only drafts with good players get teams to trade up. Trading down has only worked for NE because they have Tom Brady. BB's draft record isn't great even with all the extra picks he has.
This is why I want to trade down for extra picks in the 2020 draft.

This is why I want to trade down for extra picks in the 2020 draft.

It takes two to tango.

If the draft is average then nobody will trade up, right?

Or if you do trade down you may not get any 2020 picks. 2020 is only good in 2019, by the time 2020 rolls around we'll be wanting to trade back for 2021 picks, then to 2022 picks etc.

Only the qbs are worth trading for next year, Miami will probably be able to draft one because they're gonna suck.

• Cameron Wake DL, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins GM Chris Grier essentially said "we'll see" when asked if the team will try to re-sign free agent DE Cameron Wake.
    Wake just turned 37 last month but somehow remains extremely productive off the edge at his advanced age. There should be no reason Wake would want to return to a Dolphins team that isn't going to compete for anything other than No. 1 pick in the 2020 draft. Miami is expected to also release DEs Robert Quinn and Andre Branch, leaving them paper-thin off the edge.

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter
    Feb 27, 2019, 9:44 AM

wake remains 'extremely productive' wtf? he was absolutely terrible last year. who wrote this nonsense?

It takes two to tango.

If the draft is average then nobody will trade up, right?

Or if you do trade down you may not get any 2020 picks. 2020 is only good in 2019, by the time 2020 rolls around we'll be wanting to trade back for 2021 picks, then to 2022 picks etc.

Only the qbs are worth trading for next year, Miami will probably be able to draft one because they're gonna suck.
It could be a team wanting a QB or D-line

Back
Top Bottom