Quinn To Be A Cowboy Soon?? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn To Be A Cowboy Soon??

If we trade down, that's a lot of ammo next year for a possible move up. That should make some excited.
I love the confidence the F/O seems to have moving forward. The footprint for this type of plan was layed down by the Cleveland Browns. They had a lot of draft capital over the last 3-4 years, and now have a very young and up and coming roster. They also had enormous amounts of cap space, allowing them to trade for big contracts like Vernon and OBJ and paying Landry. Miami will be ok, if they do the right things. I suspect Miami isn't done. I think they'll trade down in 2019 picking up even more draft capital. Of course this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
I love the confidence the F/O seems to have moving forward. The footprint for this type of plan was layed down by the Cleveland Browns. They had a lot of draft capital over the last 3-4 years, and now have a very young and up and coming roster. They also had enormous amounts of cap space, allowing them to trade for big contracts like Vernon and OBJ and paying Landry. Miami will be ok, if they do the right things. I expect Miami isn't done. I think they'll trade down in 2019 picking up even more draft capital. Of course this is just my opinion.
Nice post brother!

Well, I wasn't expecting to get anything for him so a 6th is better than nothing.
For the people that keep saying trade down so we'll have more picks in 2020......if we trade down it could be for more picks THIS year.
Most vets are gone now and we have plenty of holes to fill so we can use some extra picks this year. I'd like to get two starting O-line guys in this draft as it takes time for the line to get better at playing together.

Robert Quinn DL, Dallas Cowboys

Cowboys acquired DE Robert Quinn from the Dolphins in exchange for a 2020 sixth-round pick.
Short of a day-three pick swap, that is as light as non-conditional compensation gets. Quinn has reportedly agreed to a new one-year, $9.2 million deal, taking a pay cut from his previously-scheduled $11.811 million salary. 2019 was already the last year of his contract. Briefly a terror earlier in his career, Quinn is now a situational pass rusher who pays frequent enough visits to the quarterback. He will help a defensive line missing suspended Randy Gregory.

A 6th is bad, I would have rather have kept him, he is not that old and could have helped in our transition. We blow money out the *** for years but now won't pony up to upgrade a draft pick? A 4th is much more valuable than a 6th. I do not like this move.
Where did you read that we didn't want to pay up?

What if they didn't want to give up a 3rd or 4th and declined our offer to pay up?

Yay, a 6th rounder. I guess its better than just cutting him which I would've been fine doing. Either way, we can roll that money over to the day when we'll be decent again.

Where did you read that we didn't want to pay up?

What if they didn't want to give up a 3rd or 4th and declined our offer to pay up?

Well from twitter, info on here but you are right unless you are in the room you don't know. I get that he makes a good salary but for a 6th? For those saying he doesn't fit try to play to his strengths. While 6.5 sacks is not awe inspiring he was the best we had. Maybe a new staff gets something out of him. We have so many damn holes yet people are getting excited. Tell me what gems we are mining in the freaking 6th and 7th rounds to plug all of these holes? If we had a FO that could identify talent throughout the draft I would be fine but not so much with this crew, We will see

who's next? Kiko Alonso? The guy was in the Top 5 for tackles last year, right? Also young. I'm sure the Fins can get a 3rd for him. But hmm, who would replace him?

I'd be shocked if they could get a 3rd for Kiko, but that'd be amazing if they ever pulled it off.

Seems more like 5th round pick territory to me, teams know he's vulnerable and a liability on passing downs.

My objection is everything, everything is wrong. It starts with the owner who is willing to pay 5 million dollars for a fourth round pick in 2020, just dishing cash out to a departing player; to Chris Grier who has the nerve to ask for that and do it, and increase the cap hit this year so he can play around and "improve" the team "next year." That stuff should not even be mentioned between normal people.

My objection is to the five year plan, because there is no such thing. There is only one plan, one standard, and that is to win now, do now, get sht done now. Otherwise it is a dereliction of duty. They are fkn around.

My objection is that they have not traded up yet for the most important thing, the QB.

My objection is to scrapping the DE position because it creates holes unnecessarily. Robert Quinn is perfectly fine at DE, and not too expensive. Quinn had 6.5 sacks and is paid 12 mil, and that is just fine. He was on a contract for one more year.

My objection is they will use draft capital unnecessarily to fill holes they created! It's a waste of time and resources, and it is damaging.

My objection is to paying Quinn 1.1 million to have a right to trade him for a "late rounds" pick. It's a waste of cash and cap room, and it goes back to dereliction of duty to do now. It is just mind boggling to waste cash and cap like that.

My objection is with infatuation with late rounds picks which are of negligible value, 80 points at best in fourth round instead of keeping a perfectly fine player to help the team this season.

Wasting cash, wasting cap, scrapping the team, intentionally creating holes, selling a pipe dream of results in the future, not getting critical things done. It's all a part of Chris Grier overall fraud.

The tank has ran this guy over already and we haven't even made it to April. Peace be with you for the next 18-24 months.

Well, I wasn't expecting to get anything for him so a 6th is better than nothing.
For the people that keep saying trade down so we'll have more picks in 2020......if we trade down it could be for more picks THIS year.
Most vets are gone now and we have plenty of holes to fill so we can use some extra picks this year. I'd like to get two starting O-line guys in this draft as it takes time for the line to get better at playing together.

How about this year and then some. It could be a little of both.

Maybe Bobby McCain? Slot corners on a reasonable deal are hard to find.

I wish we could have pulled more than a six for Quinn but the market is what the market says it is.

Back
Top Bottom