Quinn To Be A Cowboy Soon?? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn To Be A Cowboy Soon??

That’s a bad trade. Quinn is a far better football player than a 6th round pick.

Better for today but not tomorrow. These guys know they need to build through and hit in the draft.

Our four man rush was atrocious last year and Burke refused to blitz to help them out.

They better get these drafts right, though. Better.

And here comes all the GMs on the board. Surprised I haven't heard some tout they would have gotten a 2nd for him yet.

They ain't going to fill out a competitive roster with 5-7th round picks and you aren't going to move up multiple spots in Rd 1 with a handful of nickels.

They ain't going to fill out a competitive roster with 5-7th round picks and you aren't going to move up multiple spots in Rd 1 with a handful of nickels.

A trade down may change that tune. Talk about being stacked next year.

Last edited:
A 6th is bad, I would have rather have kept him, he is not that old and could have helped in our transition. We blow money out the ass for years but now won't pony up to upgrade a draft pick? A 4th is much more valuable than a 6th. I do not like this move.

It sounds like the Dolphins and Cowboys opted for a straight trade instead of having Miami sell the Cowboys cap space in exchange for an upgraded draft pick, which is what happened in the Tannehill deal.

A guaranteed 6th rounder is more than I would have thought Miami could get for Quinn in a straight trade.

If Miami had sold them about $6 million in cap space as I had originally heard, it would have cost Dallas around a 3rd to do the deal.

Man...a 3rd would have been glorious. I thought Dallas had been tight with the cap. I assume the Cowboys preferred the straight 6th swap though?

we paid a 4th and got a year out of him and a 6th back. A slight net loss but not bad. One step closer to fielding a toothless squad destined for very high 2020 picks.

So you're expecting a competitive roster the very same season we've shredded our roster of the heavy veteran talent. Tell me, How exactly does that work?

we cleared 11 mill in cap space AND got a 6th for a player we didn't want. Basically cost us the 1 mil or so signing bonus we paid him for a 6th. Makes more sense if you think of it this way.

I think I'd rather have paid part of his salary for a 3rd or 4th, but maybe there is a FA next off-season they're targeting with that money.

A 6th is bad, I would have rather have kept him, he is not that old and could have helped in our transition. We blow money out the ass for years but now won't pony up to upgrade a draft pick? A 4th is much more valuable than a 6th. I do not like this move.

Man...a 3rd would have been glorious. I thought Dallas had been tight with the cap. I assume the Cowboys preferred the straight 6th swap though?

Could be the Cowboys who prefer that, or it could've been the Dolphins who decided to take that option off the table once they knew the hook was set and the Cowboys were willing to part with an asset for Quinn straight up.

Remember this is a player we were cutting. Most teams wouldn't offer anything for him, because they knew we weren't going to pay Robert Quinn another $12 million to stay in Miami one more year, playing in a defense with which he is NOT compatible.

The default assumption should've been that the Cowboys weren't willing to give ANYTHING in exchange for Robert Quinn straight up. This was supposed to be us trading cap space to a cap-needy team in exchange for a draft pick.

But the Cowboys got so hot for the player, they decided Quinn himself is worth paying for even if they don't get any cap relief from Miami.

A 6th is bad, I would have rather have kept him, he is not that old and could have helped in our transition. We blow money out the *** for years but now won't pony up to upgrade a draft pick? A 4th is much more valuable than a 6th. I do not like this move.

He wasn't even close to worth $12 million last year, and that was an IDEAL defensive fit for him.

He doesn't fit this defense at all. So he's worth even LESS to us.

He was going to be cut. Miami got a 6th round pick for a player they were going to cut.

Charles Clay & Rishard Matthew's were solid late picks. It can be done.

We can also package that pick to move up.

Back
Top Bottom