Quinn To Be A Cowboy Soon?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn To Be A Cowboy Soon??

Any compensation you get for Quinn would be a huge bonus. The more picks the better. I have to admit I love how the organization has handled this.
me too; it was odd to see some comments about how bad an idea this is...

Also, the reports are its a late 2020.

So, yeah, get any idea of a 3/4/5 out of your head.

Probably a 5th or 6th round pick. Quinn hasn't been real impressive the last few years. Glad we got something for him though.

I wouldn't mind throwing in a 6th round pick with Quinn to get a 2020 4th round pick.

Any pick you get for him is better than nothing. He doesn't fit what Flores wants to do and you get money off the books.

If it is a late pick in 2020, I dont understand this move. I dont think he is a great fit for this defense. But he could provide something. and hope he has a decent year and then signs a contract elsewhere with a comp pick coming. Flore must be pretty adamant about him not fitting this defense

Robert Quinn DL, Miami Dolphins

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Cowboys are expected to acquire Dolphins DE Robert Quinn.
Rapsheet reports there are still "minor issues" to be worked out — we have heard that one before — but that the deal will get done. He is reportedly fetching a late-round pick. Rapsheet's colleague Tom Pelissero reports Quinn, who is currently due $11.811 million, is expected to agree to a new one-year deal. No longer the pass-rushing force he briefly was earlier in his career, 29-year-old Quinn is still good for 6-8 sacks per season. He will provide a non-trivial boost to the Cowboys' Randy Gregory-less defensive line.

If it is a late pick in 2020, I dont understand this move. I dont think he is a great fit for this defense. But he could provide something. and hope he has a decent year and then signs a contract elsewhere with a comp pick coming. Flore must be pretty adamant about him not fitting this defense

$12 million is a lot of money to pay him to be a mediocre football player.

That's Dallas's leverage in all this. Miami has tried to pretend they'd keep Quinn if they weren't offered a great price, but the Cowboys might have called the bluff.

$12 million is a lot of money to pay him to be a mediocre football player.

In what world? Clowney is getting 16 mil this year and had 9 sacks. Flowers got 28.5 mil cash, and 18 mil salary per year, and had 7.5 sacks. Jerry Hughes had 7 sacks and is making 12 mil. Robert Quinn is 28, had 6.5 sacks making 12 mil.
Zadarius Smith, 9 sacks, average salary 16.5 milion.

I'll tell you in what world. In the world of scheme fits and other BS.

I think Quinn can be productive... maybe doesn't fit what Flores wants, but still.. he had 6.5 sacks mostly near the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom