Quinn | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn

This issue has been touched on in a number of threads, but I want to state it outright: I want Brady Quinn to be the next Tim Couch/Akili Smith/Ryan Leaf.

I, personally, took a lot of crap from my non-Dolphin friends when we skipped over Quinn. The media likes to point out how horrible of a mistake it was that Miami passed on Quinn. They fail to mention that 22 teams, including Cleveland, passed on Quinn. I want to prove everyone wrong. I want some type of confirmation that our braintrust made the right decision. I want Quinn to fail.

Of course I hope Beck becomes a stud more than I hope Quinn's a failure. But I also want Quinn to fail miserably.

And I hate Notre Dame. And I hate Charlie Weis.

Personally I do too. And he if does produce in Cleveland, I want John Beck to be so much better.

Quinn will become a stud QB and this franchise will regret the Ginn pick for years.

Wow did you call Miss Cleo to find this out? Nothing will be determined until 3 or 4 years from now. I will say this. Beck is in camp and Quinn is looking like a holdout, perhaps even a lengthy holdout. So I give Beck a 1 up on Quinn coming out of the starting gates.

Personally I want him to fail miserably as well if for anything, to save face of the Dolphins franchise. You know if he succeeds then the media will tear us apart. IMO, even without the contents of this thread, I think he will fail. He did absolutely horrible in minicamps. His accuracy was wayyyyyy off and passes were flying over and under WR's, which was a huge problem at ND and he was throwing interceptions. Now he is holding out, and most likely for a very long time. We all know from experience what happens to players that hold out, and thats with our team so he is even worse off in that Cleveland has far worse coaching and is a far worse team than Miami and he is playing the hardest position in all of pro sports so his development will take even longer in comarison to JA and RB

We'll see, I'm more interested in Beck and his success than Quinns, but I can appreciate the sentiment.

I will say this, now that we've had a chance to learn more about both players, I'm more impressed with Beck's intangibles than Quinn's, Beck seems much more intelligent and dedicated than Quinn to me, and that is very very important to this whole equation.

This issue has been touched on in a number of threads, but I want to state it outright: I want Brady Quinn to be the next Tim Couch/Akili Smith/Ryan Leaf.

I, personally, took a lot of crap from my non-Dolphin friends when we skipped over Quinn. The media likes to point out how horrible of a mistake it was that Miami passed on Quinn. They fail to mention that 22 teams, including Cleveland, passed on Quinn. I want to prove everyone wrong. I want some type of confirmation that our braintrust made the right decision. I want Quinn to fail.

Of course I hope Beck becomes a stud more than I hope Quinn's a failure. But I also want Quinn to fail miserably.

And I hate Notre Dame. And I hate Charlie Weis.

I don't, he's not a Dolphin, so I don't care what he does. I hope Ginn proves he's the fastest most dangerous WR in the league, he has the tools. I was a little surprised Miami passed on Quinn, but that's only because of everything we were reading before the draft. I sure wasn't angry and I started thinking about the threat Ginn could be for us the day he was drafted. So I let the Quinn thing go the day of the draft. I also like everything I'm reading about Beck. I 'm reading a lot of stuff about Quinns attitude that won't help his progress so for that I'm glad we didn't draft him.

Whatever he does doesn't matter,it's what the Beck/Ginn combo produces that will make or break this year's draft.

I don't want to wish bad luck on Quinn. I've got easy hopes: That Beck is a above average QB and Ginn turns out to be be a elite WR/PR in this league.

Whats funny is if we would've drafted Quinn everyone at this site would love the guy. Instead people choose to hate him because we ended up with Ginn, even though Quinn wanted to be a Dolphin in the worst way :rolleyes:.
I personally hope he has a great career and can finally pull Cleveland from the slums.

Whats funny is if we would've drafted Quinn everyone at this site would love the guy. Instead people choose to hate him because we ended up with Ginn, even though Quinn wanted to be a Dolphin in the worst way :rolleyes:.
I personally hope he has a great career and can finally pull Cleveland from the slums.

I was pulling for Quinn and damn near shat me pants when they announced Ginn. I don't want him to fail, nor do I want him to be too successful. :wink:

Jets fans are perfect in everyway.:rolleyes:

6752026_7_2-1.jpg

:lol:
IMG%5D

Passing on Quinn is looking smarter all the time

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/football/nfl/cleveland_browns/17538520.htm

Various reports have the Quinn side expecting better than 22nd-pick money, the reasoning being that teams had Quinn rated in the draft's top 10. The Browns always have been careful to say they rated Quinn 22nd, meaning they intend to pay him like the 22nd pick.

What a piece of work. QUinn, you were the 22nd pick despite how good your moma may think you are. You can expect #22 pick money for a QB. Quit your whining.

Back
Top Bottom