"Quotes" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Quotes"

17-0 said:
Warfrat was who I asked, I made several changes to it and he did not tell me to make it smaller after the last one. It was not a definitive answer, probably my fault for not following up. Also Wildbill, I did not see your warning in the thread yesterday, I did not go back after Dark Mistress fixed my Avatar. I would not have directly ignored the rules. I do not know a lot about computers, and do not know how to check the size of a file or picture. This place is where I spend 95% of the time I'm on a computer. I will fix the Sig or remove it.
You asked wharf? what were you thinking? :lol:

17-0 said:
I don't understand:hmmm: , it looks exactly the same. How can the file be smaller.

It's magic. ;)

I can't say for sure because I didn't have a hand in fixing it, but I'm guessing you either changed file formats there or the new signature is a more highly compressed JPEG.

The most obvious way to store an image is to give each pixel an address and a value for color. That is also the way that takes up the most space. That is what a bitmap (BMP) is. There are other ways smart people came up with that involve who knows what, including something called lossy compression. That cuts down on the file size. That's about as much as I can say without making myself look terribly ignorant. As it is, I'm sure somebody would be able to laugh at me.

Jimmy James said:
It's magic. ;)

I can't say for sure because I didn't have a hand in fixing it, but I'm guessing you either changed file formats there or the new signature is a more highly compressed JPEG.

The most obvious way to store an image is to give each pixel an address and a value for color. That is also the way that takes up the most space. That is what a bitmap (BMP) is. There are other ways smart people came up with that involve who knows what, including something called lossy compression. That cuts down on the file size. That's about as much as I can say without making myself look terribly ignorant. As it is, I'm sure somebody would be able to laugh at me.

You made it sound good, no laughs here. ;)

Back
Top Bottom