Radio Rumour-Michael Bennett | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Radio Rumour-Michael Bennett

redcav04 said:
Trade Marty Booker for Bennett

What for? When you can either sign or draft a capable RB. Besides trading Booker would leave a void at WR.

the thing ive noticed about saban is he likes 2 runners, generally a speed back with a guy who pounds the ball...and perhaps he could envision lamar gordon with bennett...it wouldnt sound unreasonable...

The void at wide receiver would be filled by drafting Braylon Edwards with the #2 pick. Saban said he wants playmakers and Edwards is more of a playmaker than Booker.

why wouldnt it be benson. because it is going to be benson
Benson is skipping the combine... He probably figures if he goes his stock will drop, but if he skips theres a somewhat better chance of staying where most people put him... as the top back.
He's not fit to Linehan's known scheme & is basically Ricky Williams (the football player) minus the break away speed, agility, and recieving skills. I think his stock is inflated because of the importance in today's NFL for a Powerback to run down top defenses. Let's say Benson's potential can match Ricky's... and Ronnie Browns matches Ahman Greens.. Character aside, which type of back would you rather have in your backfield... Ricky or Ahman Green ??

NOTE: Benson will probably never be the player Ricky was at any given point... But Ronnie Brown can be better than Ahman Green ( Consistency aside )

I wouldn't mind some sort of trade with the Vikes though, now that they have an additional first rounder.

The only way I see something happening with Bennett is if Minnesota involved him in a package to trade up to our #2 pick.

AirChambers84 said:
But Ronnie Brown can be better than Ahman Green ( Consistency aside )
Without so many ball hitting the turf. :D
I would not cry with Bennet though....except we c ould have had him years ago instead of FLETCHER>>>>>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AirChambers84 said:
Benson is skipping the combine... He probably figures if he goes his stock will drop, but if he skips theres a somewhat better chance of staying where most people put him... as the top back.
He's not fit to Linehan's known scheme & is basically Ricky Williams (the football player) minus the break away speed, agility, and recieving skills. I think his stock is inflated because of the importance in today's NFL for a Powerback to run down top defenses. Let's say Benson's potential can match Ricky's... and Ronnie Browns matches Ahman Greens.. Character aside, which type of back would you rather have in your backfield... Ricky or Ahman Green ??

NOTE: Benson will probably never be the player Ricky was at any given point... But Ronnie Brown can be better than Ahman Green ( Consistency aside )
Benson is skipping the combine? Where did you here this?

Oboy said:
We want a 3rd for Zgonia... trade Zgonia for Bennett. Otherwise, he is not worth it.
I would still rater get a 3rd for him, although I doubt that is possible. If its not I would like Bennet for insurance.

Our 2nd and Surtain for their 7th, Bennett, and their 2nd. With The #7 we could probably pick Williams, or D. Johnson.

we need a franchise back here. and bennett is not the guy. he's far too injury prone. additionally, i truly believe that cedric benson is not the type of back we're looking to get. he's big, and as someone said earlier, doesnt have very good hands..

i think saban and linehan will want a more do it all type back and take cadillac or brown. hopefully we can trade to the 7-12 range, because one of them will probably still be there.

Back
Top Bottom