Radio Rumour-Michael Bennett | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Radio Rumour-Michael Bennett

BlueFin said:
I haven't seen this anywhere else but I heard it on the radio on a sports update........It stated with the trade of Randy Moss to Oakland, Minnesota was looking for a different type of runner and was talking to Miami about a trade involving Michael Bennett....thats all it said.

He definitely has talent! The injuries are a major concern though....but WOW he has talent

maybe getting off the turf will help him, but i don't know.. i'm not so sure i can trust him to be the 1 back with all his injury history.

Ryan1973 said:
All I know is the Vikings got hosed in this Moss deal. If I were the Vikings, I would have demanded Jerry Porter back along with what they got.
How can you say that? Based on last year Philly got TO for a 2nd rd pick and not just a 2nd rd'er but the bottom of the rd. The Vikes got the #7 pick, a starting LB and who knows what else. The #7 pick is very valuable! Moss was a headache, his teammates were sick of him. When he wanted to nobody was better but that was when he wanted to. As a Vikes fan as well I've watched too many games where this guy walked off the line of scrimmage, didn't run routes and just didn't care. My prediction is the Raiders will regret this move big time. The Vikes had a good Oline that gave Dante alot of time and he always scrambled to buy more time for the deep pass. Let's see Collins pull this off in Oakland. No way!!

Minnesota desperately needs defense. If this happens, we probably wouldn't give up draft picks, but would give up Surtain and ask for picks with Bennett. I don't think that scenario is all that bad.

bennett is better than most of you think. and he is worth a 3rd but i hope we dont give that up, but if we do i will be ok with it!

rickysux said:
bennett is better than most of you think. and he is worth a 3rd but i hope we dont give that up, but if we do i will be ok with it!

Nobody is questioning his talent, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL. He just can't stay healthy...and that is a problem.

Noodle Arm said:
Nobody is questioning his talent, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL. He just can't stay healthy...and that is a problem.
Many fans (And RS) get caught up with players talents without due consideration for a players ability to stay on the field either by injury or bad behaviour.IMO these players are ticking time bombs.They are going to let you down sooner or later.

AirChambers84 said:
Benson is skipping the combine... He probably figures if he goes his stock will drop, but if he skips theres a somewhat better chance of staying where most people put him... as the top back.
He's not fit to Linehan's known scheme & is basically Ricky Williams (the football player) minus the break away speed, agility, and recieving skills. I think his stock is inflated because of the importance in today's NFL for a Powerback to run down top defenses. Let's say Benson's potential can match Ricky's... and Ronnie Browns matches Ahman Greens.. Character aside, which type of back would you rather have in your backfield... Ricky or Ahman Green ??

NOTE: Benson will probably never be the player Ricky was at any given point... But Ronnie Brown can be better than Ahman Green ( Consistency aside )
Ricky... And Benson has the potential to be better then Ricky. He's got better moves then ricky, very shifty, great vision and can bust it deep (Benson has looked faster). Will he be better then Ricky this year? No, will Brown be better then Green this year? No (nor probably ever).

Benson, like a lot top players who're skipping the combine will hold private workouts. It's the smart thing to do for every top player. According to Randy Mueller, a lot of people don't want to run the on turf, and want to participate where they're comfortable. He'll be doing the same things on his pro day that he would at the combine.

Your argument doesn't hold water (He doesn't fit Leinhan's offense). Just because he's had more speed RB doesn't mean he would grab a top RB who differs. They wish they could have had a top RB.

Benson is a combination of Edge with his shiftyness and cutback ability, and the speed and power of Ricky. Great vision, and the ability to catch (had less receptions then Brown, but a better yards per catch then Brown. Auburn threw the ball unlike Texas).

Benson is not only the top back in the draft, but the top player.

finzfans084 said:
why wouldnt it be benson. because it is going to be benson
I wish I was as sold on Benson as you are. I thought down the stretch that Vince Young led that Texas team, not ced. But who knows. With Linehan's offense it seems like a Ronnie Brown is a better choice. Maybe even Vernan Morency.

Vikings want to get to a more smash mouth balanced offense, it's no secret. They want a RB that can punish people and run out the clock. It would not surprise me to see them make a run for Benson.

Tice even said this at a press confrence a few weeks ago. (although he also said Moss was going nowhere)

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Vikings want to get to a more smash mouth balanced offense, it's no secret. They want a RB that can punish people and run out the clock. It would not surprise me to see them make a run for Benson.

Tice even said this at a press confrence a few weeks ago. (although he also said Moss was going nowhere)

They have a heck of a RB in Onterrio Smith but he's not quite a smash mouth player and he did have that suspension this year...so you're right, they might be looking for a tough, between the tackles player. Although they have spent a lot of draft picks on RB's in recent years.

Btw...why do I think Daunte Culpepper is crapping his pants right about now (first Linehan, then Moss, maybe Bennett...oh boy)

i dont want bennett, we already have a good injury prone RB in gordon, dont need another...

fishypete said:
Does it strike you that some fans don't believe they'll be changes on both offense and defense? It's apparent that the days of Jimmy ball is over...at least to me. I can see defensive tackles now who's main job isn't to stand their ground...but to attack the QB....I can see an offense that doesn't think they have to run on 1st, 2nd downs....change is good and needed.

It's not only the fans...look at the mock drafts....practically everyone has us picking Benson, but Benson is not the type of back that Linehan imployes in his offense.

Back
Top Bottom