Radio show here in rochester this morning | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Radio show here in rochester this morning

Clumpy said:
Maybe those going to the game were/are not online during the 7 minutes between our posts :shakeno:
Aww cheer up clumpy, its ok. Its not your fault your a Bills fan....well it kinda is. I still appreciate what you do for this site. You'd probably get more responses though if you converted and joined the good guys side ;)

NYPHINSFAN said:
Hey NY_FinFan_72...I was there. My Dad, myself, and a friend of ours named Mike sit at the front round table. We go every Sunday that Miami isn't on TV. The place is great and I like the food they have too.

Oh yeah, I know who you guys are. I was there with my wife... sitting in front of the mixing board, the 1st table to the right on the stage thing... right in front of you guys.

Anyway, I like it there... it's our 3rd season going there. You're right, the food is good, and it's just the right amount of crowded. It's cool.

See you there next for the Bucs game. Bye week this week, then we're going to the Barfalo game.

Later

Mike

Me and my buddy usually park in the main parking lot in front of the jumbo tron side of the stadium. I will be wearing my JT jersey. Actually thinking about wearing my Ricky jersey to remind Bills fans he is coming. :)

Best memory's @ Orchard Park was when Louis Oliver picked off 3 Jim Kelly passes. Awesome game. Then when I was about 7 years old my uncle got me seats right behind the Dolphin bench. I was able to see Griese and Zonka up close. We won that game 9 to 7 that year.

One thing about Rochester that is funny is that you could not find to many Bills fans that would admit it until the 90's.

I now live in Charlotte, NC. But I miss a few things from Rochester, Garbage Plates, Hot Dogs, Genny Light, Thirsty's (Pitsford), Wegmans, and Wings (From PG's in ER).

Doesn't JG. Crummer's (Penfield) show Dolphin games still?

finfan54 said:
Were starting to contemplate the Miami Dolphins as the 2nd best team in the East now that NE and Buffalo and the Jets are "downgraded". Didnt take but the first few callers to say that Miami is good but they are not the best in the division and even said 2nd right now due to injuries.

One caller mentioned we did beat Denver and Carolina but it was sort of shot down with the September thang and how we are so good in September. they did say we are a new outfit with a new attitude and Saban is the reason.

But what spoke more volume to me is that they actually still think we are average at best. These are people who claimed Losman was going to be a good QB. Now they debate about whether he should start now.

They say we have defense, but no mention of offense. Our Qb is basically nameless and Our Oline is one of the worst in the NFL.

Someone did say that Ricky will be arriving soon but as soon as that subject came up, they wrote it off as Ricky is a headcase but a great RB. Basically, in a nutshell, they are writing excuses already in case we do take the division and chalking it up to we got lucky. Its September... Its luck.....its Saban and the change but that will come down soon.....

I cant wait til October 9th. :lol:

Well, at least the fans will be surprised when we play them...but bear in mind that we are only 3 games into the season. We have done ok at best, but that is significant based on last years' team. We aren't going to beat real good defensive teams with any certainty with the penalties, the waffling OL, porous secondary and mediocre QB...IF the OL continues to improve, IF Gus can start to hit recievers more accurately, IF we can reduce the penalties and IF the secondary can improve with the current personnel...we'll have a better chance...but those are still if's that have to be dealt with...I just like the idea that we can still surprise the fans at least...I'm sure the coache3s and teams are not taking us too lightly...

PaleAle Express said:
Best memory's @ Orchard Park was when Louis Oliver picked off 3 Jim Kelly passes. Awesome game. Then when I was about 7 years old my uncle got me seats right behind the Dolphin bench. I was able to see Griese and Zonka up close. We won that game 9 to 7 that year.

One thing about Rochester that is funny is that you could not find to many Bills fans that would admit it until the 90's.

I now live in Charlotte, NC. But I miss a few things from Rochester, Garbage Plates, Hot Dogs, Genny Light, Thirsty's (Pitsford), Wegmans, and Wings (From PG's in ER).

Doesn't JG. Crummer's (Penfield) show Dolphin games still?

I dont know. Every once in a while I go to Crummer's for there BBque Ribs. I didnt know they showed Miami games. BTW, my borther claims he was always a Bills fan in the seventies but really he was a big LA Rams fan with the fearsome foursome.

LarryFinFan said:
Well, at least the fans will be surprised when we play them...but bear in mind that we are only 3 games into the season. We have done ok at best, but that is significant based on last years' team. We aren't going to beat real good defensive teams with any certainty with the penalties, the waffling OL, porous secondary and mediocre QB...IF the OL continues to improve, IF Gus can start to hit recievers more accurately, IF we can reduce the penalties and IF the secondary can improve with the current personnel...we'll have a better chance...but those are still if's that have to be dealt with...I just like the idea that we can still surprise the fans at least...I'm sure the coache3s and teams are not taking us too lightly...

Well, I look at it this way, if we are getting 10 + penalties every game and still beating good teams, then we are going to be a pretty tough team to beat. We still have a ways to go but I find it humorous that peolple actually assumed Buffalo was great. We go through this every year and week 8 comes and then they all change there minds.

We have our weak spots, but at the same time, we have improved so much compared to last year its not even debateable anymore. The injuries are a part of the game. We have our bye week now and other teams have tough games to play. If NE has a couple more injuries to that OL, they are in trouble.

The Distillery?

infiltrateib said:
Anyone here go to The Distillery regularly, or used to? I feel like at least one of the guys I used to watch football with MUST come to this site.

I went every game up until about two years ago.

Where was the Distillery located? we have one here in Toledo, Ohio.

I went to St. John Fisher College and then SUNY Brockport during three of the Bills SuperBowl seasons. No picnic there!! You couldn't be more right about the Rochester Bills fans. They will make up excuses for everything. They are the ultimate homers. Every team has them (and so do we), but Bills homers just might be the worst!

They'll learn soon enough!! I'd love to be there when it hapens, but I have an 0-5 record in Orchard Park. Just bad Karma I guess. The first one was 1987 and the Dolphins were shut out for the first time in Marino's career, and it broke a streak of thirty-something straight games w/ a TD pass. I should have known then ....

Oh well, not like an out of town radio show can bother me about our team. Confidence is really high right now, and I hope it stays.

We obviously arent better then NE. I don't think anyone is, until of course, someone beats them

finfan54 said:
Me and my buddy usually park in the main parking lot in front of the jumbo tron side of the stadium. I will be wearing my JT jersey. Actually thinking about wearing my Ricky jersey to remind Bills fans he is coming. :)

One thing I do have to say is as miserable as it was back then dealing with the Bills fans, I do miss the rivalry the way it was back then. The week leading to up to the game that is all you heard on the radio and in the newspaper was talk about the game. Now we're lucky if we see a small article on page 5 of the sports section. It's so wierd because I hated it then but sort of miss it now, what the hell is wrong with me. :lol:

phinMikeDC said:
I'm going to the Bills game as well...my first time at the Ralph. Is there something I should know? Do I have to wear an undercover Bills Jersey?

You'll be fine

Back
Top Bottom