Raiders Have Officially Lost Their Minds

BobDole

Suck it Trebek
Reaction score
Not necessarily a bad move by the Raiders, but a confusing one. I thought Gruden was going the slow rebuild route ... but not with a 30 year old receiver making that kind of jack. Did Mark Davis and his cartoonish down syndrome haircut really not have the money to pay Mack last year? Because if he did and Gruden is in win now mode, shame on Corky.

Thought Carr would be traded soon. Guess not.

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Raiders are trying to win immediately and probably feel they have the QB to do that.

They own 4 picks in the top 35.

Expecting them to walk away with an elite pass rushing DL prospect, top OL and a top CB and a wildcard pick . . .maybe a TE like Hockenson.

They have $65 million in cap space so I would expect them to add another major player or two in FA.

The key will be Carr in this plan, but signing AB suggests they are going for it.

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I know I posted my 2 cents on this thread but this is getting out of hand. I mean, who cares what the raiders do good or bad? Are we rooting for them now?
There is one good thing about this move tho. If the top WR in the NFL only got Pitt a 3rd and a 5th then Arizona should not expect much for an unproven QB imo.

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I know I posted my 2 cents on this thread but this is getting out of hand. I mean, who cares what the raiders do good or bad? Are we rooting for them now?
There is one good thing about this move tho. If the top WR in the NFL only got Pitt a 3rd and a 5th then Arizona should not expect much for an unproven QB imo.
U continue to miss the point with Rosen.

His deal is 3 years and $6 million. Plus he is a QB entering his second season . . .a year after being selected top 10.

Comparing that to AB who just signed a 3 year, 54 million dollar deal at age 30 as a non QB is such a bad comparison.

I know you are trying to bang home the issue of only giving up a 3rd for Rosen, but this example is not a proper way to do that.

There is talks of teams considering an unproven QB like Daniel Jones in the first . . . .to suggest Rosen is two rounds lower than Jones is improper.

Again we’ll see, but these comparisons I keep seeing of Landry and now AB, guys who required huge extensions as non QBs are wayyy off base when taklkng Rosen trade value.

hoops

exited stage left
Reaction score
Yeah I think Kdawgs read on tbe rosen situation is tbe right one. Zona should hold out for their price and if Washington is out and I’m interested as a team to acquire him I’d call their bluff and wait to see if they come down on it.

Assuming again this isn’t a play to get someone to trade to #1 for Murray

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
U continue to miss the point with Rosen.

His deal is 3 years and $6 million. Plus he is a QB entering his second season . . .a year after being selected top 10.

Comparing that to AB who just signed a 3 year, 54 million dollar deal at age 30 as a non QB is such a bad comparison.

I know you are trying to bang home the issue of only giving up a 3rd for Rosen, but this example is not a proper way to do that.

There is talks of teams considering an unproven QB like Daniel Jones in the first . . . .to suggest Rosen is two rounds lower than Jones is improper.

Again we’ll see, but these comparisons I keep seeing of Landry and now AB, guys who required huge extensions as non QBs are wayyy off base when taklkng Rosen trade value.
Well, I agree on Jones. I'd not draft him in the first round. As far as Rosen, I'm really not sure we're interested anyway. Will a team spend a 2nd on him base on his contract? Yeah is possible.

phinfan40353

Scout Team
Reaction score
Any takers on Raiders pursuing Le'Veon?

Signing AB is not a rebuild move. That is a win now move.

dolfan91

Starter
Reaction score
The best thing about this move, Oakland kept the years intacked. So it's a short deal for 3 years. But it's an enormous amount of cash.

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Not necessarily a bad move by the Raiders, but a confusing one. I thought Gruden was going the slow rebuild route ... but not with a 30 year old receiver making that kind of jack. Did Mark Davis and his cartoonish down syndrome haircut really not have the money to pay Mack last year? Because if he did and Gruden is in win now mode, shame on Corky.

Thought Carr would be traded soon. Guess not.
There was never a slow rebuild with the Raiders. They have to be ready in 2020 when they move to Vegas. They'll be mixing top veterans with young talent and hope to take the league in storm when they move to their new shiny 1.9 Billion dollar stadium.

They don't care about next year. They don't even know where they are playing yet. They got AB on the cheap. Getting someone close to AB next year or the year after would have cost them much more.

Martel13

Since '84
Super Donator
Reaction score
I actually think this could blow up in their face but with the value they got - what do the Raiders really have to lose at this point? They’ve been trash and now they’re opening a new stadium, AB will bring some fan fair.

After back to back 40 yard games he’s gonna lose it tho

Top Bottom