Raiders kicker Carlson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raiders kicker Carlson

I think most kickers miss some 50+ yard field goals here and there. Not saying I don't expect him to make it, but also understand he's going to miss some of them too. Few kickers are perfect from that distance.
Sanders has only made 50 of 69 kicks from beyond 40 yards in his career. That is only about 73% made kicks beyond 40 yards.
He is paid $3 million dollars a year, which makes him one of the top paid kickers in the league.

Making only 73% of his kicks beyond 40 yards in ridiculous for someone paid as if he one of the best kickers in the league. He was great in 2020 but he has been very mediocre the past two seasons and he isn’t a kicker who can be relied on to make the kick with the game on the line.

Just made a stress free 53 and 51 yarder, I’m not posting this to say I told you so, I’m just saying these kicks have to be made, the good ones make them on the regular now, that’s a fact.

Yeah, cause Daniel Carlson has never missed a stress free kick in his life. SMH.

Stop being neurotic and overreactionary.

MIA hasn’t been in many big, important games this millennium and certainly not during Sanders career so stop acting as if he’s Scott Norwood missing wide right in the SB.

You know what Sanders doesn’t make a habit out of? Missing XP’s or FGA’s under 40. He makes the layups fairly consistently. If you actually watch games around the league on a consistent basis, you’d see that there are a lot of inconsistent kickers missing the layups.

Carlson has missed TWICE the number of XP’s that Sanders has in less attempts.

But since he’s made a better percentage of 50+ yarders that somehow excuses him for missing the gimmes?

You guys are embarrassing yourselves.

Whole game changes if he makes that kick

Newsflash. Kickers miss 50+ yard kicks all the time. It happens.

Most kickers aren’t Justin Tucker or Adam Vinatieri.

What you really want and really need are kickers that make the layups consistently.

There are kickers with a leg up to 70 yards that don’t make the layups as often as they should and miss far too many XP’s. Sanders typically makes XP’s and layup FGA’s.

I don’t know why many don’t expect Sanders to hit a 54 yard FG. he gets paid like he hits them regularly. I knew Sanders was going to miss it when he lined up for it. He can’t be counted on.
It’s not ‘expect’….it’s justnot a surprise when a 54 yard field goal is missed. 18 kickers last year attempted at least 5 kicks from 50+. Only one never missed.

Yeah, cause Daniel Carlson has never missed a stress free kick in his life. SMH.

Stop being neurotic and overreactionary.

MIA hasn’t been in many big, important games this millennium and certainly not during Sanders career so stop acting as if he’s Scott Norwood missing wide right in the SB.

You know what Sanders doesn’t make a habit out of? Missing XP’s or FGA’s under 40. He makes the layups fairly consistently. If you actually watch games around the league on a consistent basis, you’d see that there are a lot of inconsistent kickers missing the layups.

Carlson has missed TWICE the number of XP’s that Sanders has in less attempts.

But since he’s made a better percentage of 50+ yarders that somehow excuses him for missing the gimmes?

You guys are embarrassing yourselves.
You need a hug?
I wasn’t insulting anyone or being confrontational just stating facts.
If you think Sanders is playing to his salary as one if the top kickers in the NFL then there is nothing left to discuss.
Hope he turns it around and hits 20 straight….for all our sakes.

It’s not ‘expect’….it’s justnot a surprise when a 54 yard field goal is missed. 18 kickers last year attempted at least 5 kicks from 50+. Only one never missed.
how many of those 18 kickers getting $22m with $10m guaranteed?

You need a hug?
I wasn’t insulting anyone or being confrontational just stating facts.
If you think Sanders is playing to his salary as one if the top kickers in the NFL then there is nothing left to discuss.
Hope he turns it around and hits 20 straight….for all our sakes.
If Sanders was getting paid peanuts for his position we’d be getting him for a steal. But he’s not, his salary went up and so did my expectations.

Sanders has only made 50 of 69 kicks from beyond 40 yards in his career. That is only about 73% made kicks beyond 40 yards.
He is paid $3 million dollars a year, which makes him one of the top paid kickers in the league.

Making only 73% of his kicks beyond 40 yards in ridiculous for someone paid as if he one of the best kickers in the league. He was great in 2020 but he has been very mediocre the past two seasons and he isn’t a kicker who can be relied on to make the kick with the game on the line.
17 kickers in the NFL have a contract that averages $3 million per year. I honestly couldn’t care less about his salary. Either he is making kicks or he isn’t….that’s the only thing that is important. He hasn’t been very good the last year and a quarter. But if you want to move on now, you aren’t getting the cream of the crop….you are getting someone that no NFL team has wanted on their roster.

That pretty much sums it up.

Newsflash. Kickers miss 50+ yard kicks all the time. It happens.

Most kickers aren’t Justin Tucker or Adam Vinatieri.

What you really want and really need are kickers that make the layups consistently.

There are kickers with a leg up to 70 yards that don’t make the layups as often as they should and miss far too many XP’s. Sanders typically makes XP’s and layup FGA’s.

14 kickers have made atleast 2 FGS of over 50+ yards.

Add the Chiefs to kicker tonight, 1 for 1 on 50+yarders tonight. The same kicker who was 2 for 2 against us in the 4th quarter last year.

Add another 6 who have made a 50+ yarder.

You might be surprised at what those 20 kickers overall success rate was on 50+ yarders

I'll give you a hint, I believe the 15 kickers have a substantially higher success rate than Sanders this year.

50 is the new 40

how many of those 18 kickers getting $22m with $10m guaranteed?
He didn’t offer himself that money. And as I mentioned above, 17 kickers average $3 million per year. I haven’t been happy with how he’s been kicking but I’m not going to begrudge a guy because he made money.

Yikes! The Raiders who are fully healthy for the most part are 1-4?

Brutal.

14 kickers have made atleast 2 FGS of over 50+ yards.

Add the Chiefs to kicker tonight, 1 for 1 on 50+yarders tonight. The same kicker who was 2 for 2 against us in the 4th quarter last year.

Add another 6 who have made a 50+ yarder.

You might be surprised at what those 20 kickers overall success rate was on 50+ yarders

I'll give you a hint, I believe the 15 kickers have a substantially higher success rate than Sanders this year.

50 is the new 40
Gano 4/4 on 50+ Fgs
Tucker 4/4
Maher 4/5
Boswell 4/5
Zurlein 3/3
Santos 3/3
McPherson 3/3

And many more are making 50 yd FGs more often than not. Misses happen yes but we need more of these made from sanders too. Granted Sanders has only had 2 attempts with one block but going back to last year he’s struggled with anything over 50 yards

Back
Top Bottom