Raiders kicker Carlson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raiders kicker Carlson

a poster Awsi Dooger comments a lot about the kicking game and the importance of alignment. this made a lot of sense to me as i play golf quite a bit and know when my alignment gets off it can lead to shots that curve in either direction.

i started paying close attention to this and i was screaming at the tv that he was going to miss right. he was standing too close to the ball, didn't allow enough room for a free swinging slight draw.

later that night you could clearly see the alignment difference when justin tucker lined up to hit the game winner against cincy. his alignment was so perfect you could just see the future of a well struck perfect kick.

sanders is too erratic in his alignment and this is really the cause of his misses.

That's good and all but he's not making some and missing some of them. He's missing the majority of them:

54 yard FG missed vs NYJ
52 yard FG blocked vs CIN

53 yard FG missed vs TEN
59 yard FG missed vs NO
52 yard FG missed vs NYG
Made 51 yard FG vs BUF
50 yard FG blocked vs ATL
58 yard FG missed vs JAX
Made 50 yard FG vs LV

So Since he got paid for making all pro he's 2/9 FG attempts over 50 yards. He hasn't made a FG over 51 yards since November 2020. Numbers say don't attempt a 50+ yard FG with Sanders, it'll more than likely be the wrong decision.

Atrocious. He’s officially on my “boo this man” list whenever he lines up for a FG.

Don’t care if he kicks a game winner in the playoffs. Undeserving of half his contract. Needs to be released in the offseason without question.

We would have had the momentum and the Jets would have had to drive a longer field. It seemed to kill the "spirit" of the team
100% agree. That game was there for the taking if he makes that kick and the D would have had more bite. The momentum swing was palpable.

He didn’t offer himself that money. And as I mentioned above, 17 kickers average $3 million per year. I haven’t been happy with how he’s been kicking but I’m not going to begrudge a guy because he made money.
I don’t begrudge anyone for making as much money as they legally can make. I just believe trying to find another kicker in the draft or in free agency after the season is a necessity if Sanders continues to struggle to make the kicks he is being paid to make.

Back
Top Bottom