Ramsey available? pt2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey available? pt2

DolFinatic718

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I made an assumption yesterday that ramsey may very well be tradable with the heated up talks about bailey for portis and a 2nd rounder. well like i said i was only assuming but here is more news backing up my claim....

Patrick Ramsey on the Trading Block? Miami Still Interested?
Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com reports, Jimmy Sexton, the agent for Washington Redskins QB Patrick Ramsey, is demanding the team trade his client after the Redskins all but finalized a deal for Jacksonville Jaguars QB Mark Brunell. "There's only one way to resolve this mess and that's to trade Patrick," Sexton said. "He wants out. Plain and simple. And if they don't think there is a [viable] market for him, give me 15 minutes, and I'll bring them a fistful of offers." Sexton also added he thought there was no way in which Ramsey could win the starting job in Washington next season. "It's a farce," Sexton said. "They just paid Brunell, what, like $40 million? The finances dictate [Brunell] is the starter. That's the reality, and they can't think we're dumb enough not to know that, can they?" The Redskins are expected to finalize the trade for Brunell on March 3, the earliest possible date to complete such a transaction.

so there you have. not only does patrick and his agent want to leave, but if the bailey/portis trade works out the redskins might very well want that first rounder the phins offered. I think if this come to pass this is an apportunity miami cannot pass up because we signed feeley. he will be a fine number 2 and ramsey's contract is very cap friendly for a starter.

I will keep my fingers crossed!!!

If i was i wouldnt get down about it. i think Ramsey wants to play for us becuase he knows he will start. and like i said his contract is cap friendly. It all depends on if the FO is smart enough to wrap up a trade when he becomes available. I hope so, and thats why i will keep my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by DolFinatic718
I made an assumption yesterday that ramsey may very well be tradable with the heated up talks about bailey for portis and a 2nd rounder. well like i said i was only assuming but here is more news backing up my claim....

Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com reports, Jimmy Sexton, the agent for Washington Redskins QB Patrick Ramsey, is demanding the team trade his client after the Redskins all but finalized a deal for Jacksonville Jaguars QB Mark Brunell. "There's only one way to resolve this mess and that's to trade Patrick," Sexton said. "He wants out. Plain and simple. And if they don't think there is a [viable] market for him, give me 15 minutes, and I'll bring them a fistful of offers." Sexton also added he thought there was no way in which Ramsey could win the starting job in Washington next season. "It's a farce," Sexton said. "They just paid Brunell, what, like $40 million? The finances dictate [Brunell] is the starter. That's the reality, and they can't think we're dumb enough not to know that, can they?" The Redskins are expected to finalize the trade for Brunell on March 3, the earliest possible date to complete such a transaction.

so there you have. not only does patrick and his agent want to leave, but if the bailey/portis trade works out the redskins might very well want that first rounder the phins offered. I think if this come to pass this is an apportunity miami cannot pass up because we signed feeley. he will be a fine number 2 and ramsey's contract is very cap friendly for a starter.

I will keep my fingers crossed!!!

Do you really think that we will give up this year's #1 for ramsey AFTER giving up next yrs #2 and conditionaly could be a #1 PLUS over 18 mil for a 5 yr deal? IMO, that wouldn't make sense. It is awful stupid to give all that up for a 3rd stringer to ride the pine.

If i was i wouldnt get down about it. i think Ramsey wants to play for us becuase he knows he will start. and like i said his contract is cap friendly. It all depends on if the FO is smart enough to wrap up a trade when he becomes available. I hope so, and thats why i will keep my fingers crossed.

Yeah, but assuming the trade would be our 1, which was talked about that means we spent a 1 and a 2 on Qbs.

Not to mention Feeley is going to be pissed since he thought he was going to start.

Nah, this is not going to happen.

Can the Dolphins back out of their agreement with Eagles?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine the phins can back out but it would probably not look very good to the rest of the league to back out after not only agreeing with Philly but also AJ. I still say we get Henson and let him backup AJ for 2-3 years. If AJ pans out then fine...if not Drew is ready. The only down side to getting Henson is the contract he is asking for...No way do we do that for a backup. If we can get around that obstacle, I have no problem giving up our 1st for him.

I think the Dolphins can cancel their trade before March 3rd.

Originally posted by PhinKev
This is why we should have waited. Sigh.

dont you get it Phinkev? the trade that wont be done til next week actually starts the ball rolling. I said last week that this is not a done deal and that it will actually make the QB market get antsy. why should we have waited? spielman likes feeley and he is getting his guy.

but remember, i dont think spielman will want to give up our #1. but a trade for Ogun just might be what the doctor ordered. then we have our QB's and we can still have a pick at 20. you see? its not that bad after all.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
I think the Dolphins can cancel their trade before March 3rd.

why not? there is no real deal yet. it all has to be official and signed by both parties. nothing has been signed yet. how the hell can you not cancel the deal? i dont think lawyers work that way.

Originally posted by PhinKev

Yeah, but assuming the trade would be our 1, which was talked about that means we spent a 1 and a 2 on Qbs.

Not to mention Feeley is going to be pissed since he thought he was going to start.

Nah, this is not going to happen.

theres a famous line and it goes like this:

NEVER SAY NEVER!

but my money would be on the fact that we get a QB in the draft.
But the thing here is that Ogun is a factor. Washington would love to have Ogun take over for that old fart in Bruce Smith.

How bout this scenario?

we trade ogun to washington for ramsey and we get their #2? i think that is fair considering that we could get a 1st and a 3rd anyways.

Those quotes were from Ramsey's agent Friday night. Miami inquired about Ramsey's availability Saturday and were told that he was not available. Joe Gibbs said Saturday that Ramsey has a bright future in Washington, he would compete for the starting QB position even with Brunell there, and that there is no way he's going to trade him. Sexton, nor Ramsey have commented about it since Saturday.

Ramsey will remain a Redskin this season, get over it already.

Originally posted by minus
Can the Dolphins back out of their agreement with Eagles?

Yes, nothing can be official until after Mar 3, so the phins can change their minds.

Back
Top Bottom