Ramsey available? pt2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey available? pt2

Originally posted by DolFinatic718
I made an assumption yesterday that ramsey may very well be tradable with the heated up talks about bailey for portis and a 2nd rounder. well like i said i was only assuming but here is more news backing up my claim....

Patrick Ramsey on the Trading Block? Miami Still Interested?
Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com reports, Jimmy Sexton, the agent for Washington Redskins QB Patrick Ramsey, is demanding the team trade his client after the Redskins all but finalized a deal for Jacksonville Jaguars QB Mark Brunell. "There's only one way to resolve this mess and that's to trade Patrick," Sexton said. "He wants out. Plain and simple. And if they don't think there is a [viable] market for him, give me 15 minutes, and I'll bring them a fistful of offers." Sexton also added he thought there was no way in which Ramsey could win the starting job in Washington next season. "It's a farce," Sexton said. "They just paid Brunell, what, like $40 million? The finances dictate [Brunell] is the starter. That's the reality, and they can't think we're dumb enough not to know that, can they?" The Redskins are expected to finalize the trade for Brunell on March 3, the earliest possible date to complete such a transaction.

so there you have. not only does patrick and his agent want to leave, but if the bailey/portis trade works out the redskins might very well want that first rounder the phins offered. I think if this come to pass this is an apportunity miami cannot pass up because we signed feeley. he will be a fine number 2 and ramsey's contract is very cap friendly for a starter.

I will keep my fingers crossed!!!
I knew this couldn't be over! Ramsey is pissed and has every right to be. Don't worry sweetie...come down to Miami and we'll take good care of you. We've got an aqua and orange #11 for ya. ;)

I love the fire that agent has BTW.

Re: Re: Ramsey available? pt2

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Do you really think that we will give up this year's #1 for ramsey AFTER giving up next yrs #2 and conditionaly could be a #1 PLUS over 18 mil for a 5 yr deal? IMO, that wouldn't make sense. It is awful stupid to give all that up for a 3rd stringer to ride the pine.
So you would rather keep an unproven starter in Feeley than have Ramsey? :eek:

Wow Ramsey...that is SOO much better than Feely.

Please. I wouldn't give a #1 for Ramsey for anything.

I think the only way that eiother make sense of you draft Rivers or Lossman still.

Re: Re: Re: Ramsey available? pt2

Originally posted by Dolfan954
So you would rather keep an unproven starter in Feeley than have Ramsey? :eek:

No, that's not what I meant. What I meant was that it would be highly unlikely that we will give up this year's !st rnd pick for Ramsey or any other qB for that matter, since we have /are giving up so much already for Feeley. if we did, then it would win the boneheaded move of the year [for feeley]. if that's what we're going to do, it's rather stupid to move like that for only a backup in feeley.
But given the choice between ramsey or feeley, I would take Ramsey for this yrs #1 than feeley for next yrs cond #2. At least we'd have a better experienced player in Ramsey.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Wow Ramsey...that is SOO much better than Feely.

Please. I wouldn't give a #1 for Ramsey for anything.

I think the only way that eiother make sense of you draft Rivers or Lossman still.

I agree to a point. If we still draft Rivers, IMO, it was stupid to give all this for Feeley. If we still do this [drafting Rivers] we could save all this by just tendering Sage and just let him go at it next yr and we may even be surprised to boot. You know, as far as the feely thing is concerned, i'd MUCH rather give away next yrs 2 for Henson instead of feeley.

Re: Re: Ramsey available? pt2

Do you really think that we will give up this year's #1 for ramsey AFTER giving up next yrs #2 and conditionaly could be a #1 PLUS over 18 mil for a 5 yr deal? IMO, that wouldn't make sense. It is awful stupid to give all that up for a 3rd stringer to ride the pine.

Where in the WORLD are you getting that the pick we give up for Feeley could be a first-rounder?

Re: Re: Re: Ramsey available? pt2

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Where in the WORLD are you getting that the pick we give up for Feeley could be a first-rounder?

If it's a conditional 2nd rnd pick, wouldn't that mean that they get at LEAST a #2 and the conditional part kicks in if certain requirements were met.

Remeber Ricky's 1st and a conditional 3rd? We gave up our #1 that year and last yrs #3 was conditional on how many yds Ricky gained, something like from 12-1500 yds, we'd give a #2 instead or if he gained >1500 we'd give then aour #1. And if you remeber, we were void of our #1 since it went to NO in the Ricky deal. ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ramsey available? pt2

If it's a conditional 2nd rnd pick, wouldn't that mean that they get at LEAST a #2 and the conditional part kicks in if certain requirements were met.

Remeber Ricky's 1st and a conditional 3rd? We gave up our #1 that year and last yrs #3 was conditional on how many yds Ricky gained, something like from 12-1500 yds, we'd give a #2 instead or if he gained >1500 we'd give then aour #1. And if you remeber, we were void of our #1 since it went to NO in the Ricky deal. ;)

no, ricky's was a first with a conditional first. Meaning that if certain things are met then it is a first round pick.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ramsey available? pt2

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree

no, ricky's was a first with a conditional first. Meaning that if certain things are met then it is a first round pick.

Uh, no, you are wrong. The deal for Ricky was 1st (25th overall) and 4th (125th overall) round picks in 2002 and conditional 3rd round pick in 2003 to New Orleans for RB Ricky Williams and 4th (114th overall) round pick in 2002.
Can't recall hearing of a conditional 1st. Either it is or it ain't!

Check it out for yourself....
http://www.miamidolphins.com/history/alltimetrades/alltimetrades8.asp;)

draft a qb with our 20th pick overall? NO. WR, or OL. if the dolphins made a mistake by gettin feeley then it is a done deal and over with, no need in wasting cash on more unproven young QB's.

And can someone tell me why players are backing up rosenfel but why is he still getting no burn?

bad business to pull out of the deal, never happen, far more adverse reaction and consequences to future dealings than any benefit we receive now. We cannot get the skins #2 if the bailey/portis deal goes down, The skins are including it in the trade for portis. If we could package OGun and a later pick or flecther and get ramsey that would be awesome. I really believe that we will take a qb in the 3rd or 4th. Maybe Navarre.

Actually now that we have Feeley, I think we would be free to select Rivers at #20 if he fell that far. The problem is that Spielman was not going to be caught with his pants down like we were last year with LT. We lost out on Gandy then had no other viable alternatives. We thought we could try and make something happen in the draft but suffered a lot of teams wanting to gouge us for the right to get a viable tackle.

Before I was worried that Rivers wouldn't fall to #20. Now, at least no team out there is going to say to themselves we need to trade ahead of Miami to get Rivers cuz Miami will draft him. So if Rivers doesn't fall, no big deal. We have a QB situation they can live with for 2004 and onward. If he does fall though, they found a guy that can play until the rookie QB is ready to play...if he ever is.

Next year's second rounder is worth about a current third rounder. Yeah, I suppose if we traded that 2nd for Feeley then drafted Rivers with a first, it would be considered excessive. However, do you really think it odd if a team used their 3rd round pick to move up in the draft to get the QB they really want? Cuz if we ended up getting Rivers that would kind of be what it would be equivalent to...PLUS with the added bonus of having someone who is NOT fiedler winning us games in the meantime. Feeley is young, and the contract not very big, neither is the signing bonus. If he goes on winning for us like he did with the Giants, he will not lose trade value.

I still have to come to the conclusion that if Rivers falls to #20 which I'm 85% sure he will not, we would be fools not to take him.

Yeah my feeling is that Jay will be gone, we know Griese is gone, they will draft a qb and Sage will be #2. He should be getting a shot to start, and if feeley does struggle he just might. He may get the chance anyway, but the contract givin Feeley is a bit much for him not to be the starter.

Anyway I agree, I like Sage, Norv did nothing but praise the kid, now the players are backing him, says something to me.

I can't believe half the things that you guys want and/or expect the Dolphins to do.......

Back out of the deal for Feeley......yeah, we'll be able to make a trade in the next ten years if we back out on this one. I'd hate to make a deal with any of you.

Trade our 1st rounder for Ramsey......great thinking! A first and a second for two young quarterbacks so one can ride the bench.

Still draft Rivers......see above, but this one has proven NOTHING in the NFL.

Trade for Henson.....no comment needed.

I would have wanted Ramsey, Rivers, or Henson before Feeley....but what's done is done. There is such a thing as integrity, and for the franchise to back out of an agreement because they changed their minds shows they none. And pursuing any of the previous options now that Feeley is acquired is a worse idea than trading for Feeley in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom