Ramsey available? pt2 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey available? pt2

Originally posted by DolFinatic718

Patrick Ramsey on the Trading Block? Miami Still Interested?

Is THAT part of the article?

Originally posted by fin-atic
Wow Ramsey...that is SOO much better than Feely.

Please. I wouldn't give a #1 for Ramsey for anything.

I think the only way that eiother make sense of you draft Rivers or Lossman still.
I am not all for Feeley or anything but i dont believe that Ramsey is any better. I havent seen **** from this kid except a couple of losing seasons on a crap team. What has been so great about him i dont understand. I have watched alot of his games and never seen anything special. While i do remember watching Feeley last year and thinking damn there third string qb is better then JF.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Actually now that we have Feeley, I think we would be free to select Rivers at #20 if he fell that far. The problem is that Spielman was not going to be caught with his pants down like we were last year with LT. We lost out on Gandy then had no other viable alternatives. We thought we could try and make something happen in the draft but suffered a lot of teams wanting to gouge us for the right to get a viable tackle.

Before I was worried that Rivers wouldn't fall to #20. Now, at least no team out there is going to say to themselves we need to trade ahead of Miami to get Rivers cuz Miami will draft him. So if Rivers doesn't fall, no big deal. We have a QB situation they can live with for 2004 and onward. If he does fall though, they found a guy that can play until the rookie QB is ready to play...if he ever is.

Next year's second rounder is worth about a current third rounder. Yeah, I suppose if we traded that 2nd for Feeley then drafted Rivers with a first, it would be considered excessive. However, do you really think it odd if a team used their 3rd round pick to move up in the draft to get the QB they really want? Cuz if we ended up getting Rivers that would kind of be what it would be equivalent to...PLUS with the added bonus of having someone who is NOT fiedler winning us games in the meantime. Feeley is young, and the contract not very big, neither is the signing bonus. If he goes on winning for us like he did with the Giants, he will not lose trade value.

I still have to come to the conclusion that if Rivers falls to #20 which I'm 85% sure he will not, we would be fools not to take him.

I agree with every single thing you said, ck -- from my take on the reason for the Feeley deal to my slim hope Rivers may still be available at #20.

1.yea that was part of the article

2.with the draft being loaded with good wr's and the fins not having another pick until the 3rd round why is everyone still talking about rivers?

we have sage who is supposed to be pretty good. and we need someone opposite chris chambers and we need a better ol.

the qb situation is mute and wanny already said a qb will not be picked in the draft anyway

ps. i thought he didnt have the authority to make that decision?

Originally posted by DolFinatic718
1.yea that was part of the article

2.with the draft being loaded with good wr's and the fins not having another pick until the 3rd round why is everyone still talking about rivers?

we have sage who is supposed to be pretty good. and we need someone opposite chris chambers and we need a better ol.

the qb situation is mute and wanny already said a qb will not be picked in the draft anyway

ps. i thought he didnt have the authority to make that decision?

Just curious, when did wanny say that??

if we back out of this deal,(any deal), the we will sustain a blackeye that will take years to heal. deals, whether in sports, business, or elsewhere are based on mutual trust and benefit. lets fix the ol, draft one of this years stud receivers, and play as a team in 2004.

Back
Top Bottom