Ramsey=Disaster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey=Disaster

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I am absolutely PRAYING that the rumor that Miami will trade the number 20 pick for Patrick Ramsey is wrong. If it happens it will go down as just another bone-headed move b y the current Dolphin front office.

Why would you do this? The guys is getting benched in Washington, has never been a standout player, and is living on potential.

I could understand it for a later pick, or a #2 next year, but this years first rounder? Not when you have so much QB talent waiting there. I could live with drafting Rivers or Henson, and then getting Ramsey for next year's number 2 or 3. Then let them compete for the job, or have Ramsey with Rookie QB developing.

I would rather see us address OLine with that pick before getting a "never has been" at QB.

But, man if they blow this, we can all count on another year of frustration and disappointment and another year watching the Patsies kick out tails.

When this guy has protection, he is a great QB, the o-line there is awful, and he was the victim of the failed experimentation known as "Fun and Gun"....

put him in a better offense with more protection and he will be a good QB, a definite upgrade over Jay Fiedler...

Ramsey was drafted in the first.. If we drafted someone like Rivers or Henson we would be drafting a never has been, "Potential" player also.. At least in Ramsey we see that he CAN do something in the NFL.. He wasnt a total failure like some first round QBs in their early years..

youd rather see us address oline with that pick? we have a bunch of young o lineman already with "potential." not many o-line can step in in this draft and be an upgrade

id rather bring in ramsey, his low cap number and upgrade the oline with the money we saved by cutting our QBs and not going after brunell.

ramsey has a gun for an arm, would be an immediate upgrade over fielder for countless reasons ive stated many times on various different threads.

hes played what 3 seasons in a steve spurrier offense with no blocking or running game and hes considered a never has been?
nobody had them getting off to a 3-0 start which he was a big part of, and he played several games on a bum leg.

hes a tough SOB, who is young and has a lot of talent, as well as experience, he can be successful with the people we'll surround him with and hes got a friendly contract.

ramsey for qb
:woot: :woot:
:dance: :cpatch: :dance:

youd rather see us address oline with that pick? we have a bunch of young o lineman already with "potential." not many o-line can step in in this draft and be an upgrade

id rather bring in ramsey, his low cap number and upgrade the oline with the money we saved by cutting our QBs and not going after brunell.

ramsey has a gun for an arm, would be an immediate upgrade over fielder for countless reasons ive stated many times on various different threads.

hes played what 3 seasons in a steve spurrier offense with no blocking or running game and hes considered a never has been?
nobody had them getting off to a 3-0 start which he was a big part of, and he played several games on a bum leg.

hes a tough SOB, who is young and has a lot of talent, as well as experience, he can be successful with the people we'll surround him with and hes got a friendly contract.

ramsey for qb

This has to be the dumbest quote i've seen on here in a while.LOLOLOLOLOL........Our biggest concern is the OL. Griese looked like a rookie qb with that line.. Griese is a better qb than fiedler,rivers,ramsey,brunnel,and whoever else u think is good. He is all we need in at qb.....we need to draft an OL and sign one... we got wade smith for christ sakes. he blew 2 games for us when we needed them.. todd wade might be gone..then who do we got the young tim ruddy.. MOD NOTE: Inappropriate, dont call people names because of their opinion...attack the post not the poster

clear.gif

You've been OWNED by TERRY TATE....w0000000000000!

Last edited by a moderator:
i said we need o-line, read the post, before you criticize. Ramseys salary allows us to do it via free agency with proven linemen... you on the otherhand want to bring in another rookie when one blew two games for us last year and none outside of gallery are guaranteed starters next year (maybe carey if we get lucky or andrews if he keeps his weight down)... for the record wade smith will be a pro bowler for the dolphins before all is said and done and did as good a job as a you couldve expected that was the coaches fault for not having an adequate backup for the aging dixon.

think before you post
Ramsey for QB
:dance: :cpatch: :dance:

Originally posted by miamid04
i swear to god none of u sob's know anything about football...u just think yeah bring in this high paid star.....well i think your a moron...a stinkin moron

Ramsey is LOW PAID
thats the whole point
and he's not even a star yet
you make ZERO sense

..way to show how much knowledge you have

Please show me where Ramsey's numbers are signifigantly better than Jay Fiedler's.
Yrds Att Comp TD INT Long Rating
Ramsey 2166 337 179 14 9 64 75.8
Fiedler 2138 314 179 11 13 59 72.4

I will save you the work. They are not. So is our line is any better? our WR's?

PLEASE! The numbers speak for themselves. He is no Gem.

Ramsey has proven nothing. And he has had the chance.

Dude your going to last about 5 mins on this board.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Please show me where Ramsey's numbers are signifigantly better than Jay Fiedler's.
Yrds Att Comp TD INT Long Rating
Ramsey 2166 337 179 14 9 64 75.8
Fiedler 2138 314 179 11 13 59 72.4

I will save you the work. They are not. So is our line is any better? our WR's?

PLEASE! The numbers speak for themselves. He is no Gem.

Ramsey has proven nothing. And he has had the chance.

Fin, i understand your argument
listen to mine--it's not all about stats
Ramsey is younger, his arm is better, he didnt turn the ball over as much as fiedler. Fiedler is done improving, ramsey can improve
ramsey is cheaper
ramsey had poor blocking schemes and was in a pass first offense so teams stacked the pass most downs and came after him a lot too
fiedler had 8 men in the box and couldnt do the job.

Put 8 men in the box to stop ricky and ramsey will beat you, especially since he only makes roughly 1mil we can upgrade the O-line too

ramsey was sacked 10 more times(due to poor oline and spurriers schemes) and lost only one more fumble than fiedler, he threw less picks and more tds...

can you at least agree hes an upgrade on fiedler, im not saying bring him in guarantees a superbowl, but hes a young promising upgrade to fielder and he costs as much as rivers would but rivers has similar questions, no experience and cant start next season

less turnovers and more tds is enough to win us a game or two more and thats all we need

Last edited by a moderator:
Skins don't have Ricky, don't have Chambers, were running a college-not-successful-in-the-NFL-Spurrier-system and yet Ramsey still had better numbers then Fielder? That in itself make him MUCH better. He had 3 more TDs, that wins us 1-2 more games, and 4 less INTs which could've prevented 1-2 losses.

I'm all for him.

the 2 huge differences bet Jay and Ramsey are age and cap #s

Jay something like 5 years older and Ramsey has still yet to play a whole season, i.e. he s/get better

I do agree that you can say there are similarites, but Ramsey has the better arm easily and good leaderships skills http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/ramsey_patrick.htm

Ramsey is a HUGE upgrade over Jay. I dont know a whole lot about him but I know a LOT about Jay and It wont take much to get more out of the QB position than he brings.

Back
Top Bottom