Ramsey=Disaster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey=Disaster

I think it was more the protection schemes than the talent of the O-Line in Wash he was getting hit QUICK last year.

Originally posted by dolphan39
Ramsey's completion PCT sucked and he got sacked way too much w/a much better LT (samuels) than we have - http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=pass&league=nfl&season=2&year=2003

there is no guarantee Ramsey w/b better for the Phins than Jay, but he is younger and cheaper

he had better talent, but as zeke said the schemes were bad, and the talent underachieved last year, including samuels. he was the target of some criticism on the line.

Originally posted by zeke0123
Ramsey is a HUGE upgrade over Jay. I dont know a whole lot about him but I know a LOT about Jay and It wont take much to get more out of the QB position than he brings.

Potential wise PRamsey is huge over JF. JF is on the decline. Thing I dont like about Ramsey is he needs to learn not to take sacks. He was like that in college & still is in the NFL. He is young & cheap I give you that but can he learn not to take sacks?

If we had to trade for Ramsey then use next yrs picks as a conditinal pick. If he performs then i dont mind giving up next yrs #1, if not then make it a #2.

I rather have us draft Rivers & give Sage a chance at being our starter. He has been with us for a while & he knows our system. Atleast give the guy a chance to see if he can do the job.

I wouldnt mind us giving BG another chance if he is willing to restructure.

in the end, whichever QB we decide to get, I will still support our team. gotta keep on having faith that the FO will make the right decision for the team.

id be all for the conditional pick fins408, if we can get the redskins to do that, i agree... it would be the best option. if they didnt budge i would still seriously consider giving up the straight one for him, but it would have to be looked at closely.
i do hope ramsey is our starting qb next season though

Originally posted by miamid04
youd rather see us address oline with that pick? we have a bunch of young o lineman already with "potential." not many o-line can step in in this draft and be an upgrade

id rather bring in ramsey, his low cap number and upgrade the oline with the money we saved by cutting our QBs and not going after brunell.

ramsey has a gun for an arm, would be an immediate upgrade over fielder for countless reasons ive stated many times on various different threads.

hes played what 3 seasons in a steve spurrier offense with no blocking or running game and hes considered a never has been?
nobody had them getting off to a 3-0 start which he was a big part of, and he played several games on a bum leg.

hes a tough SOB, who is young and has a lot of talent, as well as experience, he can be successful with the people we'll surround him with and hes got a friendly contract.

ramsey for qb

This has to be the dumbest quote i've seen on here in a while.LOLOLOLOLOL........Our biggest concern is the OL. Griese looked like a rookie qb with that line.. Griese is a better qb than fiedler,rivers,ramsey,brunnel,and whoever else u think is good. He is all we need in at qb.....we need to draft an OL and sign one... we got wade smith for christ sakes. he blew 2 games for us when we needed them.. todd wade might be gone..then who do we got the young tim ruddy.. MOD NOTE: Inappropriate, dont call people names because of their opinion...attack the post not the poster

clear.gif

You've been OWNED by TERRY TATE....w0000000000000!

Talking about dumb quotes. Griese is a better QB than fiedler, rivers ramsey,brunnel, and whoever else you think is good.:lol:
That is just too much, man ya have to lay off the drugs. BG isn't better than Sage, shoot he isn't better than Surtan who hasn't played QB since HS. :rofl: Get a clue

Originally posted by fin-atic
I am absolutely PRAYING that the rumor that Miami will trade the number 20 pick for Patrick Ramsey is wrong. If it happens it will go down as just another bone-headed move b y the current Dolphin front office.

Why would you do this? The guys is getting benched in Washington, has never been a standout player, and is living on potential.

I could understand it for a later pick, or a #2 next year, but this years first rounder? Not when you have so much QB talent waiting there. I could live with drafting Rivers or Henson, and then getting Ramsey for next year's number 2 or 3. Then let them compete for the job, or have Ramsey with Rookie QB developing.

I would rather see us address OLine with that pick before getting a "never has been" at QB.

But, man if they blow this, we can all count on another year of frustration and disappointment and another year watching the Patsies kick out tails.

Please tell me youre not gonna b!tch about him every week if we trade for him... I dont think I can go thorugh another season of listening to your moaning :pray: :cool:

Fin ... here's the $64,000 question ... would you rather have Fiedler than RamseY? That would be quite a statement, for you! :eek:

Two things impress me about Ramsey over Fiedler: the TD/INT ratio and the fact he played most of last year on a broken foot. And his arm strength ... Three ...

Three things impress me about Ramsey over Fiedler: the TD/INT ratio, the fact he played most of last year on a broken foot and his arm strength. And he's cap-friendly. FOUR ... four things ...

I'll come in again ...

I am absolutely PRAYING that the rumor that Miami will trade the number 20 pick for Patrick Ramsey is wrong. If it happens it will go down as just another bone-headed move b y the current Dolphin front office.

Why would you do this? The guys is getting benched in Washington, has never been a standout player, and is living on potential.

I could understand it for a later pick, or a #2 next year, but this years first rounder? Not when you have so much QB talent waiting there. I could live with drafting Rivers or Henson, and then getting Ramsey for next year's number 2 or 3. Then let them compete for the job, or have Ramsey with Rookie QB developing.

I would rather see us address OLine with that pick before getting a "never has been" at QB.

But, man if they blow this, we can all count on another year of frustration and disappointment and another year watching the Patsies kick out tails.

He also played hurt the majority of the season in 2003.

The guy is 24 with two years of starting experience. The comparisons to Fiedler are vastly unfair and inaccurate. Just because the numbers have been similar doesn't mean they are the same player.

Fiedler was a career backup, who had been cut by three different teams and was once told by a scout to find another career.

Ramsey has been the most productive QB of his rookie class and was a former first round draft pick.

Ramsey has a cannon for an arm, who has room to grow.

Fiedler is a pass and dump passer whose opportunity for growth ended two/three years ago.

The best arguement I've heard so far is the one where people claim they don't want Ramsey because of his lack of experience and him being "unproven", yet a lot of the same ones are high on Rivers, who is even LESS proven.

Let me something VERY clear...

I do not want Fiedler. He should have been cut the day the season ended. I do not have anything against Ramsey, just do not think he is worth a 1st round pick when there is so much talent out there. Pat Ramsey is not a #20 pick QB.

Get Rivers or Henson. These are franchise type QBs.

And Surferosa, you can bite me. I didn't invite you into this thread. You don't like my stuff, don't read it! Who made you the authority on worthwhile posts? I find plenty of audience for my stuff who are interested in making intelligent commentary.

This excludes you.

PS

Fiedler still sucks.

For me its about not having Jay behind center next year. I cant take it. All these options seem better to me than the one where Jay starts again next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could live with drafting Rivers or Henson, and then getting Ramsey for next year's number 2 or 3. Then let them compete for the job, or have Ramsey with Rookie QB developing.

No, actually.. THAT would be the "bone-headed" move by the FO. You have a 25-year old former first round QB starting, and you draft a QB in the first round to "develope" behind him? Oh god, save me please.

Please show me where Ramsey's numbers are signifigantly better than Jay Fiedler's.
Yrds Att Comp TD INT Long Rating
Ramsey 2166 337 179 14 9 64 75.8
Fiedler 2138 314 179 11 13 59 72.4

I will save you the work. They are not. So is our line is any better? our WR's?

PLEASE! The numbers speak for themselves. He is no Gem.

Ramsey has proven nothing. And he has had the chance.

As Smadison29 said in a different thread.. You're lucky Miami didn't look at stats when they drafted Marino..

How can people say he is an awesome qb when he has blocking when for
1 we dont have good blocking
2 He has never played on a team with good blocking
if you ask me you are all just guessing. He could be a good qb or he could flop none of you have any idea. And that new guy who says we dont need new oline men must not watch any of our games. Cause he doesnt seem to make any sense. You know who i mean the guy who is talking **** to everyone all day on like his first day on the board

were not saying hes the saviour, were saying hes the best option, and hes an upgrade.
any qb should be better with better blocking, thats just common sense. add in a good running game and more offensive weapons and you should assume he would improve on stats that are already better than our current qb's

we dont need a huge leap, he protects the ball better(makes better decisions), and he has a better arm, that alone could equate to one or two more wins if he doesnt improve at all. thats all we need to get the playoffs, and then who knows, anything goes in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom