Ramsey is in the cards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey is in the cards

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1731656

Joe Gibbs' pursuit of 33-year-old Mark Brunell creates another interesting opportunity. Gibbs came out of retirement to win now, not wait the extra year or two it might take for Patrick Ramsey to develop into a potential star. The Redskins appear willing to give up anywhere between a fourth and a second-round choice to get Brunell, and that should put Ramsey, 25, on the trade market.

The Dolphins and Chargers had targeted Brunell. If they don't get him, Ramsey could become the next potential steal. Expect the Steelers to get excited about this one, too. Let's say the Redskins are willing to part with Ramsey for a second-round selection if they get Brunell. The team that acquires him gets a young quarterback with starting experience who can compete immediately.

Personally, I would love to have Ramsey on this team!

no Ramsey is not the answer Rivers is

I would love to have Ramsey. He's going to be a great QB somewhere.

How is Philip Rivers the answer? I've supported rivers for a long time now, but he still can bust. He is also a system QB. I would rather have a guy who has proven to be able to make big plays with time in the pocket.

I truly think that the entire NFL Draft is nothing more than a "Crap Shoot"

There are too many risk involved for any player to be a sure thing!

Ramsey is going to get killed in Miami with our o-line, but Rivers a (great passer in the pocket) can also move around easier then Ramsey can

If we get ramsey we get a good young QB on the cheap(1.1 million base salary) that can start right away and can use the rest of our draft and free agency money to upgrade the people around him (Receivers/OL)

I would be extremely happy if we could trade Ogunleye for Patrick Ramsey and Taylor Jacobs. Both are young and Jacobs was a projected 1st-2nd rounder last year. So then we could have a starting QB with a number 2/3 receiver.

The Bills loved Ramsey when he was drafted. We were ready to grab him at the beginning of the second but Washington grabbed him just before us. Donahoe will be at the table in a heart beat if he becomes available. Many have said that he is a Pennington with a better arm. Donahoe admitted after the draft that Ramsey was a target that got away from us in the draft...

I'll take him. Heck, why not fill the QB roster with Foreskins' castoffs; Sage, Ramsey, and perhaps Danny Waffle for third string! LOL

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
i'll take ramsey/clayton over rivers

I SECOND THAT!!!!! Im not sold on Rivers yet.. and i definitely dont trust him to be a starter like so many people on this board think is going to happen.

The more quality QB options that flood the market, the better. If it takes Brunell, an aging guy who is no longer choice meat, going to Washington instead of Miami to flush a young QB like Ramsey out of Washington and into the market, then all the better.

Now if only the Rams would make Bulger available by only tendering him with a first round choice instead of a 1st and 3rd.

What I'm getting at is say that Pittsburgh (hometown hero) signs Bulger, Green Bay gets Henson, and Buffalo gets Ramsey...Washington gets Brunell...

Who is gonna select Rivers ahead of us at #20? Nobody.

I would much rather have Ramsey than Rivers.

Keep in mind that Ramsey was under a system where no QB could do well in. Steve Spurrier was never a guy that could teach a QB to win in the NFL. Never. Under a different system, Ramsey can be much more successful. He has shown the arm strength and the accuracy, now he just needs the right kind of coaching.

Rivers, for all we know, can be a bust. He's nothing proven. Ramsey is far more proven than him.

Back
Top Bottom