Randy Mueller for GM | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Mueller for GM

Re: If you're refering to the OG situation

Not to be rude, but what is your point? You started off as though OG hasn't been much of a factor but say it was a good decision? They were hoping for a little more spark in the passing game......haven't seen that yet....a couple 3rd down catches don't qualify.

OG, and Thompson need to go next year, and possibly McKnight as well.....he's extremely fast but there's a reason he's our #3 and Dallas and other teams got rid of him (not trying to bash him but the #2 and #3 receiver positions should be upgraded IMO).

Originally posted by rhadaddy

Then I think you're off... OG came back and made a few plays for us on third down but hasn't been much of a factor and furthermore we ended up signing him in preseason for him to show up out of shape and ultimately getting hurt. I think RS/Wanny made a great call on the OG situation.

Mueller is awful. Why would any of you guys want him?

The Saints have gone to the playoffs once in recent time. He signed a lot of guys to bad contracts (Dale Carter espicially) and when he was there a lot of guys like Joe Johnson and La'Roi Glover left the team.

Mueller was also the guy who traded Ricky.

I think Rick Speilman should be our GM. He is a hell of a lot better than Mueller.

It's not that I don't want Spielman....but if someone (not saying Mueller is) is better, then we should hire whoever has the best track record. I'm just saying, don't just give it to Spielman because with all the personnel decision Wanstedt is being blamed for, he had a big hand in those as well (I kind of doubt it if he was ALWAYS against DW's choices)...

My choice would be to have Spielman as the GM and get a good players coach. Spielman is the one who makes those constant sign this cheap FA that performs well for us moves that keep us alive. Wanny's drafts are pitiful. Spielman needs to be the GM here.

Originally posted by Section126

Be fair....Muck.

He traded Rick Mirer to some Bears coach (his name escapes me) for two picks....the two picks: Walter Jones and Sean Springs.

He drafted Deuce McCallister, Rick Turley, Donte Stallworth, Darren Howard, and traded for Aaron Brooks.

He also believes in improving the offensive line as a priority.

He does have successes.

Oh most definitely. I think his good moves have far outweighed his bad ones. But the reason I bring up Dale Carter was because that was Mueller's last significant "move" (besides trading Ricky). That guy had a giant "Stay Away" sign on his back. And Mueller threw a bunch of money at him.

I guess being that it was his last aquisition, it kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Not saying I oppose him coming here. Just that I have some questions I'd like to know more about.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Mueller is awful. Why would any of you guys want him?

The Saints have gone to the playoffs once in recent time. He signed a lot of guys to bad contracts (Dale Carter espicially) and when he was there a lot of guys like Joe Johnson and La'Roi Glover left the team.

Mueller was also the guy who traded Ricky.

I think Rick Speilman should be our GM. He is a hell of a lot better than Mueller.

Mueller is a very good GM...i wish we still had him. You can talk about Dale Carter...everyone makes a bad signing every now and then. The Saints tried to resign johnson, but it didn't happen...worked out well for us since he's had injury problems ever since he left.

Overall i'd say mueller is a good talent evaluator. He picked up Joe Horn out of nowhere, acquired brooks for a 3rd round pick. Not to mention drafting players such as Darren Howard, Deuce Mcallister, Terrelle Smith, Charles Grant, LeCharles Bentley, Chad Morton, Marc Bulger and Donte' Stallworth.

I don't see how the Ricky Williams trade can be considered a bad trade for mueller. I know he's considered god over here...but the fact is we had a better back on our roster...and ended up getting 2 first round picks for ricky. It was one of muellers best trades ever...probably 2nd to the mirer trade....the brooks trade is up there as well.

I think he would be an excellent GM for you guys.

Back
Top Bottom