Rank Tannehill Among Young QB's? | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank Tannehill Among Young QB's?

You think Chip Kelly would be happy Tannehill didn't try to get the extra yard in that situation? Or are you misinterpreting the quote?

I'm not interpreting anything. The quote is verbatim. I'm pretty sure Chip Kelly would bet you a million dollars that he could call a play that would gain a damn yard on the very next play.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

AND?

Wilson: above average QB play with an above average RB and an above average defense= SB champions

Tannehill: average QB play with an average RB and an average defense = 8-8

Which shows Wilson>>>Tannehill

Ha, ha, ha....... Oh, ****, you were being serious?

BTW, wtf happened to Wilson being elite?

Wilson and Crapernick are products of very good teams and surrounded by talent. Neither will amount to much from here on out as they begin to suck up $$$ that deserves to go elsewhere among their teammates that make them look a whole lot better than the QB's they really are.

Luck and Tannehill will both have better longevity and better production as their careers progress.

AND?

Wilson: above average QB play with an above average RB and an above average defense= SB champions

Come on now Roy..."above average" defense? Pfft...elite defense, #1 in the NFL.

I'm not interpreting anything. The quote is verbatim. I'm pretty sure Chip Kelly would bet you a million dollars that he could call a play that would gain a damn yard on the very next play.

And I would bet you a million dollars that he would prefer it if his QB would make a play so he has a first and ten instead of 4th and one. Like Wilson did in the Super Bowl.

Ha, ha, ha....... Oh, ****, you were being serious?

BTW, wtf happened to Wilson being elite?

Maybe he is elite, there is no way to prove he hasn't been. And having an elite running game or elite defense does not prove that Wilson has not been elite in his own right, maybe they are all elite. Because if they were all elite the results may very well look the exact same. Just like there is no way to prove Tannehill has been anything better than mediocre, because if he really was mediocre the results probably would have looked the same.

Its interesting he has Foles ranked lower than Tannehill. I especially like this part of the writeup on Foles:

They’re also very skeptical when I suggest Foles might not really be the best quarterback in football like his numbers indicate. “But you like stats!” they say, as if all stats are created equal and are of the exact same validity.

AND?

I think you being a little disingenuous in your assessment of the supporting cast........

Seattle has an elite defense...#1 in the NFL and a top 5 running game....above average is an understatement.

Miami's defense was badly flawed with a bottom quarter of the league run defense and running game.

With those supporting cast differences....it's unfair and innaccurate to claim Wilson is greater than Tannehill at this point....just as it would be to claim he is greater than Marino...who never had an elite defense or running game.

By your reckoning....Trent Dilfer, Jim McMahon & Brad Johnson to name a few are greater than Marino, Tarkenton, Kelly & Fouts....I don't think so.

I don't believe Wilson could have led Miami farther than Tannehill last season with the flawson this team.

I think you being a little disingenuous in your assessment of the supporting cast........

Seattle has an elite defense...#1 in the NFL and a top 5 running game....above average is an understatement.

Miami's defense was badly flawed with a bottom quarter of the league run defense and running game.

With those supporting cast differences....it's unfair and innaccurate to claim Wilson is greater than Tannehill at this point....just as it would be to claim he is greater than Marino...who never had an elite defense or running game.

By your reckoning....Trent Dilfer, Jim McMahon & Brad Johnson to name a few are greater than Marino, Tarkenton, Kelly & Fouts....I don't think so.

I don't believe Wilson could have led Miami farther than Tannehill last season with the flawson this team.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DilfTr00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnBr00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McMaJi00.htm

NEXT.

What?! I thought tannehill wasnt in Foles class

luck Wilson Stafford newton keep ??? foles Dalton tannehill need more time... only reason for not picking rg3 I don't think he go last long

This season, Russell Wilson was asked to throw the ball 30+ times twice. The opponents were Carolina and New Orleans (the 2nd and 4th ranked D's in the NFL). In those games, he went 47 of 63 (74%) for 630 yards (10.0 YPA) with 4 TD's and 0 INT's. His ratings in the games: 115.7, 139.6. When asked to do more, he's excelled - and against top-5 D's.
Wilson is better qb than people want give credit... when ask win game he can. he is second best qb of 2012 draft class

Back
Top Bottom