Rank Tannehill Among Young QB's? | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank Tannehill Among Young QB's?

can't wait until Tannehill proves it this year. dude is gonna blow up

I am going to shove it in their faces every chance I get

I don't know who here (other than Junc, which is completely understandable) wants to see Tannehill fail. The main point here is that Tannehill is trying to make it, and Wilson already has. If I'm betting on one of two guys' long-term success, and one has made it, and the other has not, I'm betting on the guy who has already made it. Doesn't mean that Tannehill WILL fail - just means that, moving forward, if one of them does fail, the odds are it won't be Wilson.

I don't know who here (other than Junc, which is completely understandable) wants to see Tannehill fail. The main point here is that Tannehill is trying to make it, and Wilson already has. If I'm betting on one of two guys' long-term success, and one has made it, and the other has not, I'm betting on the guy who has already made it. Doesn't mean that Tannehill WILL fail - just means that, moving forward, if one of them does fail, the odds are it won't be Wilson.
Bet you however much vcash you'd like tannehill has a better year then wilson does. We can use pass rating as the bench mark if you'd like

Aside from Junc's usual bull****, what the hell is the argument in here exactly? Is Wilson a game manager or more, is that the fight?

Bet you however much vcash you'd like tannehill has a better year then wilson does. We can use pass rating as the bench mark if you'd like

DOH not the QBR!!!

Shoulda went with PFF rating...much more of an individual measure, vice whole passing offense.

You still have a shot though, but if you win it will be because Miami's passing game is better than Seattle's.

Aside from Junc's usual bull****, what the hell is the argument in here exactly? Is Wilson a game manager or more, is that the fight?

For me the argument comes down to this:

1. Can the situation surrounding the QB have a significant impact (positive or negative) on the QB's performance (especially as measured by QBR and/or wins)?
2. Was Wilson's situation significantly better than Tannehill's (running game, defense, coaching, pass protection, scheme, etc)?
3. Are (1) and (2) enough to put Tannehill in the conversation with the other young QBs in the league (Wilson, Luck, RGIII, Foles)?

That is all. I don't care if someone ranks Wilson above Tannehill. Early in this thread there were many posts that did just that. I didn't respond to a single one. I did respond to the posts that tried to deny (1), (2), or (3). I also responded to the posts that denied them for Tannehill, then freely applied them to other QBs (Luck, Newton) and to the claims criticizing Wilson and supporting Tannehill is simple homerism.

For me the argument comes down to this:

1. Can the situation surrounding the QB have a significant impact (positive or negative) on the QB's performance (especially as measured by QBR and/or wins)?
2. Was Wilson's situation significantly better than Tannehill's (running game, defense, coaching, pass protection, scheme, etc)?
3. Are (1) and (2) enough to put Tannehill in the conversation with the other young QBs in the league (Wilson, Luck, RGIII, Foles)?

That is all. I don't care if someone ranks Wilson above Tannehill. Early in this thread there were many posts that did just that. I didn't respond to a single one. I did respond to the posts that tried to deny (1), (2), or (3). I also responded to the posts that denied them for Tannehill, then freely applied them to other QBs (Luck, Newton) and to the claims criticizing Wilson and supporting Tannehill is simple homerism.

Yeah I'd say he's definitely in that conversation, and has a chance to significantly bolster that conversation this season. I've held he's 2nd or 3rd on that list that was originally mentioned, behind Luck, possibly Wilson, none of the others. I'm still in that state until this season unfolds.

Seattle held all the cards but still gave Lynch more $$$, easy to figure out why, even though they were saying "we don't need him, we have other guys, he's just being a contract-breaking greedy a$$" in so many words.

I think Foles had a fluke year, but could be wrong, many probably thought that about Marino too...he could prove to the be the real deal this year. If he has a 2014 like his 2013, then wow.

Either way, all these guys are young, talented, and will probably be around for a while, so we're looking at the future of the position. If our guy turns out even 4th or 5th best overall, that's a monster win in my book. The top QB every year doesn't win the Super Bowl every year, but the ones that win are usually near the top. Time will tell about Tannehill....pivotal year ahead.

Yeah I'd say he's definitely in that conversation, and has a chance to significantly bolster that conversation this season. I've held he's 2nd or 3rd on that list that was originally mentioned, behind Luck, possibly Wilson, none of the others. I'm still in that state until this season unfolds.

Seattle held all the cards but still gave Lynch more $$$, easy to figure out why, even though they were saying "we don't need him, we have other guys, he's just being a contract-breaking greedy a$$" in so many words.

I think Foles had a fluke year, but could be wrong, many probably thought that about Marino too...he could prove to the be the real deal this year. If he has a 2014 like his 2013, then wow.

Either way, all these guys are young, talented, and will probably be around for a while, so we're looking at the future of the position. If our guy turns out even 4th or 5th best overall, that's a monster win in my book. The top QB every year doesn't win the Super Bowl every year, but the ones that win are usually near the top. Time will tell about Tannehill....pivotal year ahead.

Foles is the other interesting case in the discussion. None of the posters that touted Wilson's QBR as the proof of his superiority picked Foles over Wilson. Hmmmm.....

QBR or passing rating? I dont even look at QBR that's a bogus espn made stat. Passer rating is a better measuring stick I feel

Tannehill isn't better than Kaepernick to anyone with any sense of objectivity. Tannehill thru two years has been an average starting QB, and flamed out miserably toward the end of the season last year. Only guys who I'd say he's better than is Dalton and Bradford, and not by much.

Make or break year in year 3. No excuses.

This is where it's at. Talk is cheap. Wilson just won the SB. Kaepernick is a stud. Ryan has to man up, be a leader. Win a game in the last 2 minutes. The last 2 games is what's up. That slide a yard short against the Jets with the playoffs on the line is where Ryan is right now to me, that should have been a head first dive. That is the difference between average and great. Beat New England opening day, and let's go from there.

Kapernick stud? What are people smoking

Back
Top Bottom