Rank Tannehill Among Young QB's? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank Tannehill Among Young QB's?

RGIII "if" he can stay healthy..... He played last season. He SUCKED. Anything else is an excuse....

He did suck, but he wasn't healthy. For him to succeed, he has to use his legs, and, in doing so, he puts himself at risk. In regard to protecting himself, his instincts are poor. Because of this, I don't like his long-term chances in the NFL, but he has proven very capable of playing well when he's using his legs (more than a QB should). I don't understand how that's confusing.

Kaepernick sucks and so does rg3...I'm telling u these running qbs are crappy when u force them to be pocket passers...u can see it when u watch the games and these guys are forced to operate in the pocket....I'm glad tannehill is being developed as abpocket passer

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

He did suck, but he wasn't healthy. For him to succeed, he has to use his legs, and, in doing so, he puts himself at risk. In regard to protecting himself, his instincts are poor. Because of this, I don't like his long-term chances in the NFL, but he has proven very capable of playing well when he's using his legs (more than a QB should). I don't understand how that's confusing.

That's my point exactly man, if u take away these guys ability to scramble around and u keep em in the pocket they're useless

Last 3 drives against Sea - Fumble, INT, INT...... If that were Tannehill, none of these guys would be supporting him.

Talk about not watching a game. SF did nothing on offense outside of Kaepernick, and he almost did enough to win in Seattle. He played much better against Seattle in Seattle than Peyton Manning did on a neutral field. He also played much better against Seattle than Drew Brees did in the divisional round. Sherman made a great play. Competition at its highest level. As I told everyone, that was the real SB.

Kaepernick sucks and so does rg3...I'm telling u these running qbs are crappy when u force them to be pocket passers...u can see it when u watch the games and these guys are forced to operate in the pocket....I'm glad tannehill is being developed as abpocket passer

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

That's my point exactly man, if u take away these guys ability to scramble around and u keep em in the pocket they're useless

If it were easy to keep Kaepernick from scrambling around, he wouldn't have had such substantial success in the playoffs. If you're grading QB's just on the work they do in the pocket, you're missing a lot. Kaepernick and Wilson (unlike RG3) know how to protect themselves when they do run.

I bolded the word in your response that turned your post into an excuse.

Talk about not watching a game. SF did nothing on offense outside of Kaepernick, and he almost did enough to win in Seattle. He played much better against Seattle in Seattle than Peyton Manning did on a neutral field. He also played much better against Seattle than Drew Brees did in the divisional round. Sherman made a great play. Competition at its highest level. As I told everyone, that was the real SB.

The excuses continue to roll. He looked LOST when needing to play from the pocket. You guys kill me with your excuses for other QBs.

You realize that saying Kaep isnt as good when you take away his biggest strength is kinda silly, right?

If you disguise your coverages really well and get physical with his receivers, Manning isnt as good

If you take away the deep ball, Flacco isnt as good

Put a ton of pressure on Brady with your front 4 and he isnt as good.

Make Jimmy Graham a non-factor and Brees isnt all hes cracked up to be.

The excuses continue to roll. He looked LOST when needing to play from the pocket. You guys kill me with your excuses for other QBs.

He looked lost when the best defense in football forced him to play to his weaknesses and carry the team while doing so. Im stunned.

Yeah Im sure nobody else all year thought of making him do that.

These are not excuses. This is what happened. If you watched the game, and knew anything about football, you'd know as much.

I watched the game and Kaep folded, just as I thought he would..... you were saying about knowing football?

Delay of game, FUMBLE, INT, INT. Seriously, you are going to make excuses for that? You can't make this stuff up.

These are not excuses. This is what happened. If you watched the game, and knew anything about football, you'd know as much.

He cant beat the Seahawks in their house. He sucks.

Tannehill cant beat the Thad Lewis lead Bills at home. Better than Kaepernick.

You cant explain that.

I bolded the word in your response that turned your post into an excuse.

You said:

RGIII "if" he can stay healthy..... He played last season. He SUCKED. Anything else is an excuse....

I was making it clear that the health of his legs and his ability to stay healthy were vital to his chances of success, and I pointed out that I didn't like his long-term chances. There is a difference between an excuse and setting expected prerequisites for success. I'm not a fan of RG3. I've made that pretty clear. I simply stated that he has shown the ability to be successful when he's healthy and using his legs.

You realize that saying Kaep isnt as good when you take away his biggest strength is kinda silly, right?

If you disguise your coverages really well and get physical with his receivers, Manning isnt as good

If you take away the deep ball, Flacco isnt as good

Put a ton of pressure on Brady with your front 4 and he isnt as good.

Make Jimmy Graham a non-factor and Brees isnt all hes cracked up to be.

Well its not like kaepernick put up great numbers passing so...and when I watch him his passing usually sucks...

He looked lost when the best defense in football forced him to play to his weaknesses and carry the team while doing so. Im stunned.

Yeah Im sure nobody else all year thought of making him do that.

Oh boo hoo, the QB was forced to play QB..... I remember seeing a rookie Tannehill handle that defense. Hmmmm.....

Yes Kaepernick sucked playing in the toughest stadium in the NFL today against the toughest defense in the NFL today. Myswell ship him off to the CFL already...

Back
Top Bottom