Rank the Five Players You Most Want at #52 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank the Five Players You Most Want at #52

This is actually a fascinating take with respect to asset allocation. Thanks for being different.
Part of the Suh "problem" IMO was that he was the only standout on the defensive line. It's too easy to double one player.

Wilkins and Seiler represent a different challenge. Look how effective that SF and Philly lines are.

My take anyway. It is interesting that McDaniel says his favorite position is defensive line.

Part of the Suh "problem" IMO was that he was the only standout on the defensive line. It's too easy to double one player.

Wilkins and Seiler represent a different challenge. Look how effective that SF and Philly lines are.

My take anyway. It is interesting that McDaniel says his favorite position is defensive line.
But I thought he said edge specifically

I have come to really like Luke Wypler the C from OH ST.

He moves better than Schmitz and would allow the Fins to move Williams back to LG where he belongs.

I have come to really like Luke Wypler the C from OH ST.

He moves better than Schmitz and would allow the Fins to move Williams back to LG where he belongs.
That would leave RT as the only question mark. Of course, that's assuming Wypler is as good as advertised.

I have still not written off Austin Jackson at RT.

He actually looked pretty good there in camp and the preseason and then went down in Game 1 and missed virtually the entire season.

That was a double blow in that it robbed Tua of possibly better protection on that side and the Fins would at least know if Jackson has a future with the team.

I think the Fins still feel Jackson can be a solid RT so they may plan to stick with him for the upcoming season.

OT would be hard for Miami to find where they are drafting, the only guy likely to step in as a rookie would be Darnell Wright from TENN and he is a long shot to make it to the Fins pick.

Dawand Jones might be there but I don't think the Fins will rate him that highly as he is more of a short area blocker who is not as nimble as they would like.He fared reasonably well in pass protection and is a beast as a short area run blocker but he is not going to move they way we think Miami wants OL to move. Of course we might be wrong about how locked in they are on agility for OL, and he is a OT who you might not be moving as much as interior guys.

I also really like TCU OG Steve Avila who wold be a plug and play starter at LG, I think I prefer Wypler over Avila slightly due to him allowing Williams to move back to OG and the fact is he is 1.5 years younger than Avila.

But it is no lock that Avila will be there for Miami and I think Wypler will be.

I also really like TCU OG Steve Avila who wold be a plug and play starter at LG, I think I prefer Wypler over Avila slightly due to him allowing Williams to move back to OG and the fact is he is 1.5 years younger than Avila.

But it is no lock that Avila will be there for Miami and I think Wypler will be.
I agree with you there Jim, but the thing that bothers me about Williams moving back to LG is all the penalties he had while playing there 2 years ago. If Avila can come in and take over the LG position then we would have 4/5 spots in the OL taken cared.

I have still not written off Austin Jackson at RT.

He actually looked pretty good there in camp and the preseason and then went down in Game 1 and missed virtually the entire season.

That was a double blow in that it robbed Tua of possibly better protection on that side and the Fins would at least know if Jackson has a future with the team.

I think the Fins still feel Jackson can be a solid RT so they may plan to stick with him for the upcoming season.

OT would be hard for Miami to find where they are drafting, the only guy likely to step in as a rookie would be Darnell Wright from TENN and he is a long shot to make it to the Fins pick.

Dawand Jones might be there but I don't think the Fins will rate him that highly as he is more of a short area blocker who is not as nimble as they would like.He fared reasonably well in pass protection and is a beast as a short area run blocker but he is not going to move they way we think Miami wants OL to move. Of course we might be wrong about how locked in they are on agility for OL, and he is a OT who you might not be moving as much as interior guys.
I actually agree. As fans, we have to recognize that coaching on the offensive line has been problematic. Hiring an offensive line coach every year has to be tough on young players who are trying to establish themselves.

I think the best scenario for Miami might be to bring in a mid-tier offensive lineman in free agency. Ideally, a player who is versatile and can compete at tackle or guard.

Not against drafting a player either.

Achane is this year’s Tyreek Hill. He will be a phenom.

To go with his speed, he has strength, vision, and hands. He’s also a hard worker and great character guy.

Steal of the draft if he doesnt go high 2nd.

I know most of these dudes will be gone by 51, but a few prayers that I hope make it to 51:

Dawand Jones - just a massive human; not the prototype for the position and, yeah, the weight issues scare me, but if he hits it is an absolute home run

Darnell Washington - not as a TE but as a 6th OL to play next to Ajax this year as he adds weight to transition to RT the following year

Adebawore - probably our biggest position of need and this dude is just a freak as a 3T; while this pick would be for the future, he would get plenty of snaps this year

Mingo - big, fast, strong, tough; steps into Sherfield's role immediately and plays a ton of snaps

TRADE DOWN - I would love an impact player at a premium position here, but I think we are going to miss out; if that is the case, I would prefer to trade this for some 3rd/4th round picks (or picks next year) where we can pick up multiple starters at less premium positions

Dawand Jones or Charbonnet, I would not pass on those.

Changing this to:

1. Could not pass on Dawand
2. Abdullah, a ferrari for the linebacking corp
3. Abanikanda, a bigger Mostert
4. T Simpson, again, need to add to LB corp.
5. Laporta, a quick TE.

Update on Draft Day:

These are guys who might be on the board at 51 in no particular order.

LaPorta
Wypler
Mauch
Adebawore
Benton

Here are a few not going to happen sliders to 51

D Jones
D Washington
JMS
Mazi

Back
Top Bottom