Ranking the AFCE QB's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking the AFCE QB's

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
As we all know, the AFCE has been upgraded this past week with some talented QB's. With the current list of QB's in the AFCE, rank them from best to worst and please don't be a homer while doing so. So here is mine.......

1. Tom Brady- 3 rings. Enough said.

2. Daunte Culpepper- Has been a 3 time probowler and a dangerous QB when he has a good OL and some good WR's helping him.

3. Chad Pennington- Has been a really good QB when he is healthy, but the problem is he never can stay healthy enough to be a top QB in the leauge.

4. Patrick Ramsey- Shown some flashes as a starter in the leauge, but the jury is still out for him. He will be in a place where the coaching staff has faith in him and he still has room for improvement.

5. Kelly Holcomb- Done good while he was starting for the Bills, but he shouldn't be a starter every year.

6. JP Losman- Had a horrible sophmore year last season and nobody seem to want him as the starter. He will be in a new offense and he should grow in the system that they will be using. If the "Mini Martz" can help limit his mistakes, then he should be fine.

Ace88 said:
As we all know, the AFCE has been upgraded this past week with some talented QB's. With the current list of QB's in the AFCE, rank them from best to worst and please don't be a homer while doing so. So here is mine.......

1. Tom Brady- 3 rings. Enough said.

2. Daunte Culpepper- Has been a 3 time probowler and a dangerous QB when he has a good OL and some good WR's helping him.

2. Chad Pennington- Has been a really good QB when he is healthy, but the problem is he never can stay healthy enough to be a top QB in the leauge.

4. Patrick Ramsey- Shown some flashes as a starter in the leauge, but the jury is still out for him. He will be in a place where the coaching staff has faith in him and he still has room for improvement.

5. Kelly Holcomb- Done good while he was starting for the Bills, but he shouldn't be a starter every year.

6. JP Losman- Had a horrible sophmore year last season and nobody seem to want him as the starter. He will be in a new offense and he should grow in the system that they will be using. If the "Mini Martz" can help limit his mistakes, then he should be fine.
Pretty much the same for me to, except one little change. Here are mine:

1. Tom Brady(Patriots)
2. Daunte Culpepper(Dolphins)
3. Chad Pennington(Jets)
4. Kelly Holcomb(Bills)
5. Patrick Ramsey(Jets)
6. JP Losman(Bills)

Tom Brady will be on top untill someone in the AFC East wins more titles than he has in his generation. With the AFC East growing stronger and more competitive, it will be a very hard task.

3 rings in 4 years is incredible, and he is still young. Though I hate the Patriots, I am a fan of his success and skill level. You won't find anyone as poised in or out of the pocket as he is. He makes some incredible throws, that leaves you thinking "how the hell did he manage to squeeze that in?"

Just incredible.

Winning 3 superbowls doesnt make you a great QB it means you have a great team around you

Tom Brady = Very good QB, but not as good as people make him out to seem

Due to the bashing I will take, I wont be making a list

Alex22 said:
Winning 3 superbowls doesnt make you a great QB it means you have a great team around you

Tom Brady = Very good QB, but not as good as people make him out to seem

Due to the bashing I will take, I wont be making a list
You're too obsessed with atheletic QB's like Daunte, McNabb, and Vince Young.

Tom Brady IS as good as people make him out to seem to be.

2001: 63.9 Completion% / 86.5 QB Rating / 2843 Passing Yards
2002: 62.1 Completion% / 85.7 QB Rating / 3764 Passing Yards
2003: 60.2 Completion% / 85.9 QB Rating / 3620 Passing Yards
2004: 60.8 Completion% / 92.6 QB Rating / 3692 Passing Yards
2005: 63.0 Completion% / 92.3 QB Rating / 4110 Passing Yards

Funny thing is, he had his best season on the year that his team fell apart due to injuries. Just goes to show you HOW good he is. The guy is incredible, and still has a whole mess of years left in him.

Wagon Circler said:
In this list we pretty much have a consensus number one qb. After that you could throw all the other qb's in the list in any order and it still would look reasonable.

IMO you're right except it's more like a consensus top 2 than anything.

Wagon Circler said:
In this list we pretty much have a consensus number one qb. After that you could throw all the other qb's in the list in any order and it still would look reasonable.

:sidelol:

Wagon Circler said:
Not really. Everybody has a consensus #1 and #2. Brady is obviously #1, and Culpepper is obviously #2. After those two there is a big drop. Pennington when healthy is the consensus #3. Everyone after that you could throw in any order.

Losman, Holcomb and Ramsey are nowhere close to the kind of QBs Brady and Culpepepr are.

If I had to grade them it would be like this:

Brady: A
Culpepper: A-
Pennington: B
Holcomb: C
Ramsey: C-
Losman: D+

Wagon Circler said:
5 td's and 12 int's is not good just to let you all know.

6, not 5. I would like to see how another QB does with no OL to protect you and some average WR's. The key for Pep is that he need time to throw it and he need to have some good WR's. Last time I checked, Chambers and Booker has had probowl experience.

Ace88 said:
6, not 5. I would like to see how another QB does with no OL to protect you and some average WR's. The key for Pep is that he need time to throw it and he need to have some good WR's. Last time I checked, Chambers and Booker has had probowl experience.
Yeah, well, Pepper is not going to be able to scramble around and buy time like he used to. Culpepper is a mystery at this point. And mysteries don't become the consensus #2 qb in the afce in my opinion. You guys don't know what you are going to get out of him.

And excuse me for saying 5 instead of 6. At any rate he threw twice as many int's as td's.

Back
Top Bottom