Ranking the AFCE QB's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking the AFCE QB's

Wagon Circler said:
Yeah, well, Pepper is not going to be able to scramble around and buy time like he used to. Culpepper is a mystery at this point. And mysteries don't become the consensus #2 qb in the afce in my opinion. You guys don't know what you are going to get out of him.

And excuse me for saying 5 instead of 6. At any rate he threw twice as many int's as td's.

hahahah yea a real mystery? 3 time probowler proven, proven nfl qb, and most accurate passer in nfl history.....real question on if he will be good?? give me a break dude he'll recover from his injury and tear apart secondarys with his passing game...its no question...who would you put above him in the afc east other than tom brady???? jp losman¿ with a career qb rating of 62?? yea sure thats just pathetic man you should know better

Wagon Circler said:
Yeah, well, Pepper is not going to be able to scramble around and buy time like he used to. Culpepper is a mystery at this point. And mysteries don't become the consensus #2 qb in the afce in my opinion. You guys don't know what you are going to get out of him.

Even if Culpepper can’t move around like he used to, he would still be better than Pennington, Holcomb, Ramsey, and Losman. Other than Losman, none of those guys are scrambling QB’s anyway. We had Gus as our QB last year. Not exactly the most mobile QB in the NFL. I have a feeling Culpepper will be fine.

Wagon Circler said:

And excuse me for saying 5 instead of 6. At any rate he threw twice as many int's as td's.
:lol: Dude your a riot. A 3 time Pro Bowl QB who threw for 39 touchdowns just two years ago is a mystery? You can bring up his stats from last year, but his supporting cast was HORRIBLE, he had no oline and he had too much pressure on him to make the big plays. Don't forget he had meathead as his coach. Here in Miami, he has a very good suporting cast and great coaches. You call FinHeaven "Homer Depot" but if you can't even see that Culpepper is by far the second best QB in the division, you are in fact the homer. :lol:

Culpepper not the consensus #2? WOW! :lol:

Nublar7 said:
:lol: Dude your a riot. A 3 time Pro Bowl QB who threw for 39 touchdowns just two years ago is a mystery? You can bring up his stats from last year, but his supporting cast was HORRIBLE, he had no oline and he had too much pressure on him to make the big plays. Don't forget he had meathead as his coach. Here in Miami, he has a very good suporting cast and great coaches. You call FinHeaven "Homer Depot" but if you can't even see that Culpepper is by far the second best QB in the division, you are in fact the homer. :lol:

Culpepper not the consensus #2? WOW! :lol:
WOW Culpepper won't even be playing when the season starts and you want me to proclaim his greatness?! WOW!

A horrible supporting cast? That supporting cast was good enough for...wait for it.....BRAD JOHNSON!

Culpepper piled up fantasy stats in '04 but lead his team to a whopping 8 win season! Wow! Culpepper was a big time choker when he was healthy and now we don't even know if he will go back to being that healthy choker that he once was.

Sorry I was never sold on Culpepper being an elite qb even when he was in Minn and had Randy Moss. So sorry as soon as the fins pick him up I don't change the way I feel about him. Well actually I did change the way I feel about him. He tore all three tendons in his knee, I guess he's better! How silly of me!

The New Guy said:
I already posted my opnion on Culpepper in the Beast of the AFC EAST:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=2186769#post2186769

It's not just 04, Culpepper has magnificent career stats. He is easily the #2 QB in the East. Are you seriously trying to say that Losman could be the #2 QB in the East? :lol:
Come on I've never said that about Losman. All I'm saying is a mysterious Culpepper isn't a consensus #2 in my mind.

Hopefully Losman blossoms into #2, and if all my dreams come true the #1. But I have never said that.

Nublar7 said:
You can bring up his stats from last year, but his supporting cast was HORRIBLE, he had no oline and he had too much pressure on him to make the big plays. Don't forget he had meathead as his coach.

Sounds a lot like JP Losman...

HiOctaneBills said:
Sounds a lot like JP Losman...
Not really. Losman has done nothing in college or the pros to really wow anyone. Culpepper on the other hand has put up big numbers year after year.

Don't get your hopes up to high with Losman. He just isn't any good.

Nublar7 said:
Not really. Losman has done nothing in college or the pros to really wow anyone. Culpepper on the other hand has put up big numbers year after year.

He did enough in college to be a consensus 1st round pick... and in the pros he has better stats than Eli Manning at the same stage in his career, and his best career game against YOUR team... But then again that has nothing to do with your statement, and the fact that it could also be used for Losman.

Wagon Circler said:
Come on I've never said that about Losman. All I'm saying is a mysterious Culpepper isn't a consensus #2 in my mind.

Hopefully Losman blossoms into #2, and if all my dreams come true the #1. But I have never said that.

You kind of did. You said:

Wagon Circler said:
In this list we pretty much have a consensus number one qb. After that you could throw all the other qb's in the list in any order and it still would look reasonable.

You might be able to put Pennington at #2, but that would be a rather large stretch considering his shoulder injuries. I think Culpepper is the clear #2 even with his knee injury.

What about Brooks Bollinger? I think he should rate about Loseman! :)

BZ

Hey Bwana what happened to Bollinger anyway?(I figure you would know) He still on the Jets and will likely be backup/clipboard study this season?

Only saw the game of him vs. the Phins but he took 8 sacks and still played tough and threw for a lot of yards.

Urlithani said:
Hey Bwana what happened to Bollinger anyway?(I figure you would know) He still on the Jets and will likely be backup/clipboard study this season?

Only saw the game of him vs. the Phins but he took 8 sacks and still played tough and threw for a lot of yards.

He is still on the Jets, and unless he gets traded or cut will be there as teh #3 guy.

Of course, on the Jets that means you start in week 4. :)

BZ

HiOctaneBills said:
He did enough in college to be a consensus 1st round pick... and in the pros he has better stats than Eli Manning at the same stage in his career, and his best career game against YOUR team... But then again that has nothing to do with your statement, and the fact that it could also be used for Losman.

so if losman was so great that game that he played us then why did the bills loose???? suprising that a bills fan would ever refer to that game as back up....eli manning is waayyyyyy better than losman he turned the giants into a contending team last year and it wasnt until the end of the year that his stats started to fall.....i would probably rank losman dead last in the afc east qb i honestly think he is by far the worst starting qb in the nfl...culpepper is easily the second best qb in the afc east behind brady he is the only qb other than brady to make the pro bowl in the afc east so seriously if you are going to rank one of the other idiot qbs over culpepper then thats just being ignorant

Back
Top Bottom