Ranking the AFCE QB's | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking the AFCE QB's

miaD5499 said:
so if losman was so great that game that he played us then why did the bills loose???? suprising that a bills fan would ever refer to that game as back up....

Losman was a partial factor in the loss, but it was still his best career game.

eli manning is waayyyyyy better than losman he turned the giants into a contending team last year and it wasnt until the end of the year that his stats started to fall.....

Manning, after his first 8 starts, had WORSE stats than Losman. Thats a fact. I'm not talking about what Manning did last season, i'm talking about his first 8 starts.

i would probably rank losman dead last in the afc east qb i honestly think he is by far the worst starting qb in the nfl...culpepper is easily the second best qb in the afc east behind brady he is the only qb other than brady to make the pro bowl in the afc east so seriously if you are going to rank one of the other idiot qbs over culpepper then thats just being ignorant

I never said Culpepper wasnt second...

As much as I hate to say it Tom Brady is the best QB in the division, he might play ''ugly'' but he gets the job done. Culpepper is 2nd, he is a proven QB and he can come back from his injury, many players have rebounded from similar ones. Chad is would be 3rd, he has a weak arm and he is always hurt.
Losman would be 4th as he had a bad year, which was essentially his rookie year, so that is expected. He could be a good QB but he has yet to prove himself. Holcomb and Ramsey are 5th and 6th respectively, because they are back ups, Holcomb bieng the better back up IMO.

Wow! You've got guts with the Frerotte haters on this site.
But looking back he was good last year after not playing at all in 2004.
He had his third best year overall after '97 & '98.
Saban (and we know it is always Saban's decision) should have paid him the $330,000 roster bonus and then the Fins would have the best back up QB in the Division and probably the AFC.
Cause you can't count on Culpepper till the third game of the season to see if he will first be there and second play.
If Culpepper evaporates who do the Dolphins have and the cap was raised and it's only a year for Frerotte.
Prediction: Miami will be sorry they didn't keep Frerotte or Rosenfels.
But it is always good to upgrade your QB (NE will see that sometime in the 2006 or 2007 season, they better FA or Draft a top QB prospect.)

MFL Fan said:

Ooops! I made a mistake it was the '96 & '97 seasons that were better.

MFL Fan said:
Saban (and we know it is always Saban's decision) should have paid him the $330,000 roster bonus and then the Fins would have the best back up QB in the Division and probably the AFC.
Cause you can't count on Culpepper till the third game of the season to see if he will first be there and second play.
If Culpepper evaporates who do the Dolphins have and the cap was raised and it's only a year for Frerotte.
Prediction: Miami will be sorry they didn't keep Frerotte or Rosenfels.
But it is always good to upgrade your QB (NE will see that sometime in the 2006 or 2007 season, they better FA or Draft a top QB prospect.)

I have to agree. I'll never understand why Saban tossed both Frerrotte & Rosenfel. I would have kept Rosenfel personnaly. He showed last year he can step in be a leader, plus he had chemistry with the team. Now we have no one currently on the roster that has played a down with the team. Seems like we shoulda kept one of them.:confused:

:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

If Chad is healthy flip flop daunte w/ Chad for 2 and 3, no one is or ever will be close to Brady.

nyjunc said:
If Chad is healthy flip flop daunte w/ Chad for 2 and 3, no one is or ever will be close to Brady.

Gawd....and you call people on this site "homers".

Chad? Are you serious?

Section126 said:
Gawd....and you call people on this site "homers".

Chad? Are you serious?

Chad wins when he is healthy, that's more important to me than fantasy #s.

nyjunc said:
Chad wins when he is healthy, that's more important to me than fantasy #s.

When has Chad been healthy? :confused2

BTW...did you know that touchdowns are 6 points and in the nfl you are awarded wins by having more points than your opponents at the end of the game?

Gaining yards towards the goaline is also a good idea...it makes it easier to get those 6 points.

Section126 said:
Chad is a choker.

But daunte is great:sidelol:

Since 2002 Chad has been the starter for the Jets, in the 2 seasons he played at least 3/4 of games the Jets won the div in '02 and in both years made the div rd. In the 2 years he didn't play at least 3/4 of games the Jets won 10 games in 2 years combined. Since '02 w/ Chad the Jets are 21-16(2 losses occurred in very winnable games after he got hurt) and w/o him the Jets are 12-19.

-Since 2000 Daunte has been the starter in Minny and has guided them to the playoffs just twice(one time at 8-8) in a weak div and conf. In the games he has started Minny is 38-42, in the 16 games he has missed since 2001 the Vikings are 10-6.

Let's seperate those #s:

Jets w/ Chad: 21-16
Jets w/o Chad: 12-19

Vikes w/ daunte: 38-42
Vikes w/o Daunte: 10-6

let's also not forget that the Jets have played in the much tougher div and conference having not only a conf full of great teams but a dynasty team w/in it's division.

He is a fantasy QB, he is not a winner.

Section126 said:
When has Chad been healthy? :confused2

BTW...did you know that touchdowns are 6 points and in the nfl you are awarded wins by having more points than your opponents at the end of the game?

Gaining yards towards the goaline is also a good idea...it makes it easier to get those 6 points.

Don't bother.....

Chad is better because he hands the ball off better and throws a nicer 3 yard pass (which happens to be the longest he can throw). Also, he is a better cheerleader and causes the defense to play better. Didn't you know that Chad is the reason that the Jets allowed 106 fewer points than the Vikings in 2002 and 134 fewer points in 2004. Chad's blocking is also directly responsible for Curtis Martin rushing for 1697 yards in 2004.

Back
Top Bottom