Rapaport: Ross sale may depend on 2013 season. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rapaport: Ross sale may depend on 2013 season.

Casas9425

Club Member
Reaction score
Ian Rapaport reported on NFL Network that he talked with Mike Dee and Dee told him that Ross selling the team may depend on how the 2013 season goes as far as wins and losses, if Ross feels he has a playoff type team he may decide to keep the team for a few years. Dee was asked whether or not Ross will sell in the very near future and said it was too early to tell.

Ya know, we needed an off-field distraction like this like a hole in the head. Can Mike Dee keep his ****ing mouth shut for 10 minutes?

Ya know, we needed an off-field distraction like this like a hole in the head. Can Mike Dee keep his ****ing mouth shut for 10 minutes?

Arguably the most annoying and abrasive person in the front office.

Posturing? Ross has already said he will not sell the team. So, is this his way of trying to push through stadium renovations?

Posturing? Ross has already said he will not sell the team. So, is this his way of trying to push through stadium renovations?

Dee has already said there will be no renovations going forward.

Depressing?

Are you kidding?

The day Ross sells will be the best day for all Fin fans everywhere.

It's a shame he ever bought the team. It's just a matter of time. He managed to look good for a little while simply by keeping quiet, how long could that last?

Everything they do is clumsy. Why broadcast every single focking move you are making? Only amatuers do that...

Come on down! to LA....lol (still rather have them in miami of course, but the LA move would be an easy transition for me)..lol

Depressing?

Are you kidding?

The day Ross sells will be the best day for all Fin fans everywhere.

It's a shame he ever bought the team. It's just a matter of time. He managed to look good for a little while simply by keeping quiet, how long could that last?

Everything they do is clumsy. Why broadcast every single focking move you are making? Only amatuers do that...

Speak for yourself. Potential relocation is not something I'm clamoring for - I like this team in my backyard.

Still, I don't think it'll come to that. I think at the end of the day this will get done down the road and its really not worth reading too much into or getting depressed over right this moment. Just enjoy the upcoming football season and hope this MIAMI Dolphins football team can become relevant again.

Dee and Ross lying so bad they want the team to win so he can sell the team and make a profit.
He wanted the upgrades to increase its value for a a bigger sale later. Dee needs to Shut the F up
Ross needs to sell the team to Arrison. Go back to new york Ross!

I love how people say "Ross should just sell the team", like that is what will solve the future uncertainty. Wake up call people, Ross selling the team in the future is where the uncertainty and worry is. Ross himself is never going to relocate the team, it is the fact that no one knows who the new owner will be or what their intentions are. With the state the stadium is in right now, the last thing MIAMI Dolphins fans should want is Ross selling the team. Right now, he might be the only thing keeping this team from heading west to LA.

Posturing? Ross has already said he will not sell the team.
And Nick Saban isn't leaving Miami to go coach Alabama. Yeah, everyone is 100% honest in what they say to the media...lol lol lol

LOL. So he didn't get a few hundred million dollars from the state of Florida so now he's going to take his billion dollars and go home? What a putz.

Not that I believe it, anyway. It's pure posturing. Ross has been telling everyone who'll listen is the reason he fumbled around with every major decision the first few years is because he was sitting back and trying to learn what to do and kept guys like Parcells and Sparano around when he shouldn't have as a result. "On the job training" is a favorite catchphrase in interviews, quickly followed up by a promise that he's finally getting the hang of it. You think he's going to just give up now, at a time when the team is worth about $100 million less than what he paid for it, when he just spent big money in the offseason, when he's going around looking and sounding pumped after the draft, after ****ing around with our uniforms... all because his rush job attempt to crowbar a tax free loan from the taxpayers went belly up? Puh-lease. I mean, don't get me wrong. How I wish it were true! How I wish someone with some sense would own this team! But it's not true. At least it won't be any time soon.

I also like how people seem to think the team can be sold to anyone, like an old tennis racquet on Ebay. These sales have to be approved by the owners, men who are invested in the status quo. Nobody who wants to move the team is getting their balls within 10 miles of owning the Dolphins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how people say "Ross should just sell the team", like that is what will solve the future uncertainty. Wake up call people, Ross selling the team in the future is where the uncertainty and worry is. Ross himself is never going to relocate the team, it is the fact that no one knows who the new owner will be or what their intentions are. With the state the stadium is in right now, the last thing MIAMI Dolphins fans should want is Ross selling the team. Right now, he might be the only thing keeping this team from heading west to LA.

Exactly! If Ross sells this team this team is leaving Miami. Nobody in their right mind will spend close to a billion dollars on a team and then oh yeah, break out another $900 mill to build a new stadium on top of that!

If Ross sells the new owner will have a deal lined up with a city that actually WANTS NFL FOOTBALL that will build him a state of the art stadium free of charge so he will move the Dolphins there.

If Ross sells....NFL football is dead in Miami! Maybe forever (ie ...see LA)

Back
Top Bottom