Rashaun Woods ran a 4.45 40/USC's Williams will enter NFL draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashaun Woods ran a 4.45 40/USC's Williams will enter NFL draft

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Rashaun Woods ran a 4.45 40

Link

It's at the bottom of the page. I'll go ahead and quote it.

Woods a big winner at combine
Oklahoma State receiver Rashaun Woods was one of the big winners at the Indianapolis scouting combine with his 4.45 40, a time that should vault him toward the middle of the first round. But his good time will delay his desire for a second pro career, being a regular on the Bassmasters Tour. Woods is an avid fisherman who says he has snagged 60 to 70 bass in a three-hour stretch.

On the NFL Network in the Souting Report, the reported Rashaun Woods running a 4.6 40. The host went on to talk about speed being overrated in the 40 and that football players are the way to go in Rashaun Woods case.

In this article, they said he ran a 4.45. If that's the case, I suggested Miami should trade down from 1st round with one of their picks and draft Woods being that I heard he ran a 4.6 and that might of dropped him. Now he ran a 4.45 and is penciled in as a first round without a doubt.

This guy cannot be passed up on. 4.45 speed and "utra-consistent" as one draft site called him. I don't see any other way to go if they look for a WR in round 1.

Rashaun Woods to Miami.

I second that, Woods to Miami:cool:

I like Woods too. I wouldn't have any problem with us trading down from 20 about 10-15 spots and taking him, while picking up an extra 3rd or 4th round pick in the process.

Rashaun Woods rules! i think he is a sure star.

if we get a #1 pick for OGun I can see us passing on a WR with our first pick and picking up a WR w/our 2nd pick or even trading down to the top of the 2nd rd and taking a WR. Kinda like we got Chambers in the 2nd rd.

I'd me more curious to see them compare times in 20 yards. It would more likely relate to the game anyway.

Trade down to get Woods? We may have to trade up!!!!:eek:
Look at all the teams in front of us that could potentially go WR:
Cleveland, Jax, SF, Buff, NYJ, Oak...That's 6 teams, and I think Woods is the 3rd or 4th best WR in the draft.

Originally posted by Lukin
Trade down to get Woods? We may have to trade up!!!!:eek:
Look at all the teams in front of us that could potentially go WR:
Cleveland, Jax, SF, Buff, NYJ, Oak...That's 6 teams, and I think Woods is the 3rd or 4th best WR in the draft.

If *ALL* those teams go WR, then we should just be thrilled that it's pushed an OL like Shawn Andrews down to us.

A lot can happen before draft day, but right now, these guys are all almost universally considered to be above Woods...

Larry Fitzgerald
Roy Williams
Mike Williams
Reggie Williams
Michael Clayton
Michael Jenkins

You've also got Devery Henderson and Lee Evans moving up draft boards, and they could easily go before Woods. So unless there's a ridiculous run on wideouts, or he has a dynamite series of workouts, Woods is solidly in round 2.

Woods actually ran a 4.49. And no-one knows for sure his "official" 40 times till now because Universities lie about height weight and 40 times. I'm sure Oklahoma State is the same.

The concern about Woods is his ability to create seperation down the field. But he has great hands, runs great routes and has a nose for the endzone which can't be taught.

The WR list as of post combine stands like this:
1-Larry Fitzgerald
1a Mike Williams
3 Roy Williams
4 Reggie Williams
5 Lee Evans
6 Rashaun Woods + Mike Clayton + Devery Henderson
9 Devard Darling

Clayton's workouts were poor - he was smaller than thought, he ran a 4.65 and his he dropped a number of balls. He better have a lights out workout in Baton Rouge next month to regain ground.

what's the guess (if MWill declares) for how many of these guys will go in rd1 ?

The 1st 8 on that list are R1 value - if guys are slipping, teams at the top of 2 will be moving up to get them. 8 could go in R1.

Originally posted by Boomer
The 1st 8 on that list are R1 value - if guys are slipping, teams at the top of 2 will be moving up to get them. 8 could go in R1.
Hey mate, who'd you take if Clayton, Woods and Reggie Williams and Jenkins are all there when we pick?

Ozzy rules!!

See....the class is so good that I forgot Jenkins!! I'd stick him before Darling.

Personally I really like Reggie Williams. I want to see his 40 time, but I think he's a beast. Clayton might take a few years, but could be great. Woods will be start first and be more polished, but might have plateaud. Jenkins might have some speed issues to be really great.

Back
Top Bottom