Rashaun Woods ran a 4.45 40/USC's Williams will enter NFL draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashaun Woods ran a 4.45 40/USC's Williams will enter NFL draft

Originally posted by Boomer
See....the class is so good that I forgot Jenkins!! I'd stick him before Darling.

Personally I really like Reggie Williams. I want to see his 40 time, but I think he's a beast. Clayton might take a few years, but could be great. Woods will be start first and be more polished, but might have plateaud. Jenkins might have some speed issues to be really great.

Lee Evans in my opinion will be a stud.How about Devery Henderson?I'm beginning to see mad potential and could turn out to be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Danny

Hey mate, who'd you take if Clayton, Woods and Reggie Williams and Jenkins are all there when we pick?

Ozzy rules!!

I'd would take either Woods or Williams and then Clayton with Jenkins last

Re: Rashaun Woods ran a 4.45 40

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Link

It's at the bottom of the page. I'll go ahead and quote it.

Woods a big winner at combine
Oklahoma State receiver Rashaun Woods was one of the big winners at the Indianapolis scouting combine with his 4.45 40, a time that should vault him toward the middle of the first round. But his good time will delay his desire for a second pro career, being a regular on the Bassmasters Tour. Woods is an avid fisherman who says he has snagged 60 to 70 bass in a three-hour stretch.

On the NFL Network in the Souting Report, the reported Rashaun Woods running a 4.6 40. The host went on to talk about speed being overrated in the 40 and that football players are the way to go in Rashaun Woods case.

In this article, they said he ran a 4.45. If that's the case, I suggested Miami should trade down from 1st round with one of their picks and draft Woods being that I heard he ran a 4.6 and that might of dropped him. Now he ran a 4.45 and is penciled in as a first round without a doubt.

This guy cannot be passed up on. 4.45 speed and "utra-consistent" as one draft site called him. I don't see any other way to go if they look for a WR in round 1.

Rashaun Woods to Miami.

He could fish Marlin in the Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic Ocean in Miami :cool:

Repeating the sediments: Woods to Miami!!!

How about Jenkins, what did he run. He seems like the kind of guy who just gets it done. Like Boldin. Evans might be nice too with his association to CC.

Originally posted by Danny

Hey mate, who'd you take if Clayton, Woods and Reggie Williams and Jenkins are all there when we pick?
I would take Woods. But then again I am kinda bias. I hate Oklahoma and Ohio State so that rules out Clayton and Jenkins. But putting that aside I watch OSU alot last year and watching Woods catch 6 TDs in one game was just amazing.

Woods to Miami!

Originally posted by Unconquered

I would take Woods. But then again I am kinda bias. I hate Oklahoma and Ohio State so that rules out Clayton and Jenkins. But putting that aside I watch OSU alot last year and watching Woods catch 6 TDs in one game was just amazing.

Woods to Miami!

Clayton is on LSU not Oklahoma thats the Clayton that will be in next years draft

Just read Mort's chat on ESPN, and in response to a Jets fan who wanted Woods in round 2, Mort said he thought he'd be gone by then.

So, I may eat my previous words about being able to trade down into round 2 to get Woods. He should be there at the end of round 1, and probably 5 picks or so into round 2, but if we really wanted him, it would be best not to move down too far.

Originally posted by phunwin

If *ALL* those teams go WR, then we should just be thrilled that it's pushed an OL like Shawn Andrews down to us.

A lot can happen before draft day, but right now, these guys are all almost universally considered to be above Woods...

Larry Fitzgerald
Roy Williams
Mike Williams
Reggie Williams
Michael Clayton
Michael Jenkins

You've also got Devery Henderson and Lee Evans moving up draft boards, and they could easily go before Woods. So unless there's a ridiculous run on wideouts, or he has a dynamite series of workouts, Woods is solidly in round 2.

Mike Williams will probably not come out. And Jenkins is not better than Woods. IMO, Woods is the most solid WR in the draft

The WR list as of post combine stands like this:
1-Larry Fitzgerald
1a Mike Williams
3 Roy Williams
4 Reggie Williams
5 Lee Evans
6 Rashaun Woods + Mike Clayton + Devery Henderson
9 Devard Darling

Why do you rate Evans ahead of Woods? I ask because you are the first person that I've seen do so. If we compare the two:
-Evans is .15 faster in the 40
-Woods is taller by 3.5 inches
-Woods is the better route runner
-Woods & Evans both have equally great hands
-Woods has a greater vertical, which we could use to our advantage with Chambers
-Both are good kids
-Woods has no injury history, Evans has had a torn ACL

The seperation issue with Woods is crap. You don't average more than 17 ypc without getting seperation. He's gone up against some great talent(Strait, Vasher, Woolfork, Newman, Ware, Manning, Randy Jordan) & Woods came out on top in most of those match ups. Combine is superb route running with his speed & there's no way anyone can say he can't get seperation.

Originally posted by Lukin
Trade down to get Woods? We may have to trade up!!!!:eek:
Look at all the teams in front of us that could potentially go WR:
Cleveland, Jax, SF, Buff, NYJ, Oak...That's 6 teams, and I think Woods is the 3rd or 4th best WR in the draft.

Yea right, and take this to the bank:

1a.Larry Fitzgerald
1b.Mike Williams
3.Roy Williams

^Those are the top 3 WR's, and it will stay that way.

As for Woods, I highly doubt we have to trade up for him. And if we do, he's really not worth the extra picks. 5'11/197 Lee Evans already has our draft crew loving him, and he clocked a 4.3 and has serious ups. Reggie Williams isn't super fast, but when it comes to field play.. he's definately better than Woods, IMO. Mike Jenkins and Mike Clayton are guys that Woods may of jumped.

I see Fitz in Oakland, M.Williams in Jacksonville, and Roy W. in NYJ. As for Buffalo, I could easily see them selecting a DE(especially a guy like Will Smith) if they can't land one of the top 3 WR's. Cleveland? From what I've read, they are in love with Winslow. SF is a team that could take REGGIE WILLIAMS, but I still see Shawn Andrews dropping to them, which they would bite on.

We're going to have a nice variety of WR's coming to us at #20. Between Reggie Williams, Rashaun Woods, Lee Evans, Mike Clayton, and Mike Jenkins.. anything could happen. I guess the school workouts and individual interviews with the team will have a huge say.

Personally I really like Reggie Williams. I want to see his 40 time, but I think he's a beast.

Boomer, I'm with you as usual there. When talking about teaming up with Chambers, at 6'4/220 this guy would DEFINATELY make some noise. How can you stop Chambers and Williams? The kid is a beast and he's very athletic. He's my #20 hopefull.

My WR would be Mike Williams from USC, I seen the guy play more than all of the other WRs combined. we need a big guy that can take hits up the middle & he can catch bigtime. I would rather take Jenkins over Evans. I know speed kills but Evans coming back from injuries, plus I like tall & big WR. We already have some speed in our 4th, 5th & 6th WR. Honestly I would be happy with any of the guys we are talking about maybe excpet for Evans.

Back
Top Bottom